Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Predestination!

RedSea   

Hey Assalamu Calaykum,

This is perhaps one of the toughest things according to me to put in context or to put it in plain and simple way in order for others to understand how it works.

Why pray or work hard to get to Jannah or avoid hell fire if your destiny has already been pre set before you were even born?

I as a Muslim person believe and I never question these but how would you convince a non Muslim or a Muslim who raises a question about this?

Asc,

How would you know wether you are predestined to hell or not?

Also, going to hell involve a deviation messing up your khatiima (last actions before death) and thus, everyone is warned to sustain hard work until his very end, ie death, through that very knowledge that nothing is yet won while still roaming on earth.

To simplify it extremely, you probably ignore your genetic make-up too (wether predisposed to some pathologies, unrespondant to a given treatment ect), yet you'll be particularly misguided not to adopt a thoroughly healthy lifestyle/try and cure yourself or even rely totally on genetics prediction alone...

The way I understand or explain it to myself is this. I am not sure if other do the same but its logical. Yes we have to believe that our life is already Destined and what not, because Allah is all knowing and knows everything. But the thing is we do not know ourselves to be honest. Imagine we never lived life and one day we were all gathered and told you are going to hell and you heaven.....(I would be confused for I would think what unjustice.......not to say Allah can't do that but in my eyes Allah is the most just.... So my point is that Allah gives us the opportunity in this world to make our own choices and live our own life. So those who choose to reject the message well they will have no one to blame bu themselves on Judgment Day. Because god gave them life to show them the reason they deserve their punishment. I pray that we all be among those who enter Jannah Ameen..Well thats my 2cent, hope it helped, I have not written anything for the longest time. take care

Viking   

Red Sea,

Allah SWT is All-Knowing, Omniscient. being Omniscient means that He knows where and how you will end up (this doesn't mean that He can't guide whom He wishes - He is Omnipotent). But, His knowledge of your destiny doesn't mean that He has actually chosen the path for you. You do this by your own will (sound mind, knowledge and awareness) and this is why people who are insane cannot be held responsible for their actions.

Zafir   

Viks, Isn’t your destiny prewritten before you even come to existance? Isn’t the promise to either hell or heaven already written down in looxul maxfuuth?

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Zafir:

Viks, Isn’t your destiny prewritten before you even come to existance? Isn’t the promise to either hell or heaven already written down in
looxul maxfuuth?

That question, sure makes mirror dede turn around in his grave, Raji and the way he questions should be copyrighted. :D

Viking   

Originally posted by Zafir:

Viks, Isn’t your destiny prewritten before you even come to existance? Isn’t the promise to either hell or heaven already written down in
looxul maxfuuth?

Zafir,

It is by Allah SWT because He is Omniscient. But His Omniscience doesn't make Him unjust. If He chose the path for us then there would be no point in trying to be a good person or following what He says would there? The choices are yours and He knows exactly what you will choose.

Originally posted by Johnny B:

quote:Originally posted by Zafir:

looxul maxfuuth?

That question, sure makes mirror dede turn around in his grave, Raji and the way he questions should be copyrighted.
:D
Isn't it a daft to argue about something you don't believe at all, JB, with all respect, why don't you kick in the bar, or at least take the dog to the park and leave Qadar and predestiny to the belivers.

Ramadan Karim Johnny Boy :D