Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Africa Confidential: A new report on Puntland, Saracen, Sheikh Atam, Piracy the Hunt for Oil

AYOUB   

Burn Notice;686883 wrote:
I will never understand just how naive some of you are

world economies operate by exporting goods and resources...Ex-President Muse knew that Puntland could potentially be sitting on billions of dollars worth of resources that if explored could help develop the community and help it prosper..it does NO ONE any good just sitting in the earth does it...oh my god what a terrible thing he did....oh I forgot, even though they are endorsed by both presidents and theTFG they are still illegal right??

What the foreign companies paid for exploration rights in Puntland is equivalent to day light robbery and you know it. Secondly, the foreign firms that signed the deals with Puntland would be well advised to "explore" the regions where they're welcome. In other words, stay out of Sool and Sanaag.

PS Here a video you might like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V-d5Ehr2oUY#t=12s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Jacaylbaro;688058 wrote:
U just need to be real dee so that we can take u seriously ,,,, stealing other photos from other countries doesn't help.

I think Thankfull also owns some shares. And bad publicity can make the share price drop. Check the shares of Range Resources, they have increased since all the merceneries where brought to Puntland and all the propaganda has intensified last three months. http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:RRL.L&it=le

Thankful;688005 wrote:
JB, is that the best you can come back with?

Burn Notice, if you can see JB is a die hard secessionist and see's everything through his triangle administration! I will say this much though, I feel the unity between my fellow countryman, JB, when he contribues to the development of our country by giving his opinion on Puntland/Somalia issues.

(Qodax, it is clear you continuously get banned and than return, also, as JB knows you are obviously Cowke....give it a rest)

Thankful,

the agenda of these individuals is as predictable as a child's fairytale

they must be so dis-satisfied with the lives that they need to spend copious amounts of time spreading misery and suffering

no point arguing with oxygen thieves

hold tight if you are in fact a shareholder...things are about to get interesting ;)

Qodax Qorax;688099 wrote:
I think Thankfull also owns some shares. And bad publicity can make the share price drop. Check the shares of Range Resources, they have increased since all the merceneries where brought to Puntland and all the propaganda has intensified last three months.

Qodax, my advice to you if you are shorting the stock is "close your position pronto" ;)

Burnt notice, I have only long positions in Range and wouldnt dare to close my position. My investments paid off very well till now.

But as soon as Range sells its contracts to a major oil company, I will close my positions. Because then the 'wiif wiif' will start.

AYOUB   

Camiraad.com:)

Reminds of the black geezer at Speakers' Corner. He asked his audience whether if white people believed their religion was true; would they have sent missionaries to Africa to inform the natives about the "milk and honey" in heaven or would they have kept it to themselves? Buy Range shares nomads, hurry while stocks lasts...:P

AYOUB   

Qodax Qorax;688209 wrote:
investing&show_min_max_points=1&stock_ex

As you can see Range shares have been almost doubled since november last year. That is in less then 3 months.

Hallelujah, I can see the light!

Qodax Qorax;688195 wrote:
Burnt notice, I have only long positions in Range and wouldnt dare to close my position. My investments paid off very well till now.

But as soon as Range sells its contracts to a major oil company, I will close my positions. Because then the 'wiif wiif' will start.

well knock me down with a feather :P

Thankful   

Burn Notice;688158 wrote:
Thankful,

the agenda of these individuals is as predictable as a child's fairytale

they must be so dis-satisfied with the lives that they need to spend copious amounts of time spreading misery and suffering

no point arguing with oxygen thieves

hold tight if you are in fact a shareholder...things are about to get interesting
;)

I agree, many of these individuals claim to be from a totally different country, yet despite their claim what perplexes me is the fact that they seem to be so concerned with Puntlands development.

Hence the main underlying commonality among those that oppose Puntlands legally valid exploration deal is that they are almost always people who aren't even from the state.

Unfortunately I am not a shareholder, however I truly hope many more companies choose to invest in Somalia.

People have waited too long.

Thankful;688376 wrote:
I agree, many of these individuals claim to be from a totally different country, yet despite their claim what perplexes me is the fact that they seem to be so concerned with Puntlands development.

Why dont you understand that piracy effects the whole region?

Why cant see that dividing cities(Galkacyo) effects the whole of Somalia?

Why cant you see that murdering villagers(Galgala) and occubying their land for minderals exploration

is unjust cause?

But it seems that some are only blinded by $$$ from oil. And that is what led to the downfall and failure of Cade Muuse.

Thankful   

Downfall? If this led to his downfall and failure than why would President Faroole be continuing Cade's legacy with the exact same companies? We know that he was once the single greatest critic against exploration. I think he realized when he took over the presidency - what Cade did as well - was that he needs to create jobs and address the enormous poverty situation in the state.

The examples you gave are made up, if villagers were murdered than why weren't their any protests during the conflict? Why didn't Galgala's kinsmen come running to their aid, especically after Atam started pleading with them to do so. Even more importantly, the area's - according to the website that was posted on SOL - says that exploration will take place in Dharoor and Nugaal and there is no mention of Galgala. So if exploration is ever announced there, feel free to bring up your point.

Don't compare piracy (which is a criminal act) with exploration. Also, Gaalkacyo is a Somali success story, where two waring sides were able to sign a peace treaty and share the city.