Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Africa Confidential: A new report on Puntland, Saracen, Sheikh Atam, Piracy the Hunt for Oil

Burn Notice, what you dont understand is that oil dollars wont make Somalia a safer place.

And it for sure hasnt made Puntland a more safer place. Cade Muuse waged wars against locals clans

with the same argeument and he lost.

NASSIR   

The Aussie investor of AFRICA OIL, Mr. Burn Notice, is here only for updates about the good prospect of his returns.

NASSIR;687260 wrote:
The Aussie investor of AFRICA OIL, Mr. Burn Notice, is here only for updates about the good prospect of his returns.

LOL...for someone who considers himself to be an intellectual you certainly are a silly bugger

fortunatley nothing you or I say on here will make a difference to what happens in Somalia...I just post on here for my own amusement in an attempt to enlighten the ill informed but sadly it seems a lost cause to most lol

most of the stuff you guys post on here should be in the joke thread it's so comical...I've never seen so many delusional characters with inferiority complexes...no wonder somalia is such a basket case

Thankfully what gets posted on here is far from the reality

.....but thanks for asking about my returns as they have been spectacular of late :)

Qodax Qorax;686973 wrote:
Burn Notice, what you dont understand is that oil dollars wont make Somalia a safer place.

And it for sure hasnt made Puntland a more safer place. Cade Muuse waged wars against locals clans

with the same argeument and he lost.

Drilling success in Puntland = Oil Infrastructure Development = Jobs for Somali Men who can get up in the morning to go to work = Money into the local Economy = Greater Stability and a future for your children

This would surely be a good thing for Somalia, or perhaps that is not what you want?

Burn Notice,

Not everyone here in SOL is delusional, it is the nature of Somalis to be quarrlesome and petty when discussing politics but we have some exceptional charactristics notwithstanding the difficulty Somalia is going thru and God willing, will come to an end sooner or later. I agree with you about the oil development in Puntland, it is the best and fastest way to develop and bring up people's standard of living. With economic progress, it will be much easier to advance and maintain peace.

Peace Action;687802 wrote:
Burn Notice,

Not everyone here in SOL is delusional, it is the nature of Somalis to be quarrlesome and petty when discussing politics but we have some exceptional charactristics notwithstanding the difficulty Somalia is going thru and God willing, will come to an end sooner or later. I agree with you about the oil development in Puntland, it is the best and fastest way to develop and bring up people's standard of living. With economic progress, it will be much easier to advance and maintain peace.

Apologies PA...I shouldn't generalize

There are a some very good posters (yourself incuded :) ) who add value to these discussions, as opposed to those that are purely argumentative and offer no constructive alternative that benefits the whole and not just a single clan.

thanks for picking me up on my mistake ;)

I have no doubt that a united Somalia could achieve great things

On a serious note, Oil is not the same as we knew during the 70s or even 80s ... It now causes problems rather than development. It is not a place where Somalia should go right now if we want peace in that part of the world. The same goes for Somaliland as well.

What is happening elsewhere in Africa should be a lesson to us .. look at Congo now ,, Look Nigeria ,,,, Look other places. Only those countries who were lucky to have oil during the cold war time are the real beneficiaries.

Burn Notice;687795 wrote:
Drilling success in Puntland = Oil Infrastructure Development = Jobs for Somali Men who can get up in the morning to go to work = Money into the local Economy = Greater Stability and a future for your children

This would surely be a good thing for Somalia, or perhaps that is not what you want?

At first sight your equations seems very simple and sounds to good to be true. But unfortunately history has showed

us that in every unstable country, oil drilling or mining minerals fuelled decades of more conflict and led to more bloody conflicts. Much has been published on this topic. And to my knowledge countries where conflicts existed have not been

stabilized by oil money the contrary is true.

See the example of Congo, Sudan, Algeria, Angola, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Myanmar,etc.

The best thing Somalia needs today is genuine reconciliation, rule of law and stronger institutions.

And not the prospect of oil money, which has already led to local conflicts and skirmishes in puntland and which could

lead to more destabilisation and bloody wars.

Money is not the solutions for Somalia's problems today.

Thankful   

Burn Notice,

I think what us Somalis in the Diaspora think about exploration of resources back home is irrelevant. People who say we need to wait or that it has failed do not realize or have seen first hand the terrible situation people are enduring back home. Things are critical, even Somalia’s Prime Minister Mohamed Abdulahi Mohamed (Farmaajo) was in New York pleading for help in saving millions of lives. People are in dire circumstances and cannot wait any longer!

Do people want Oil drilling and has it been accepted? I think the photo’s I posted a while back is proof. As the old saying goes “a picture says a thousand words”.

ec903b7afc.jpg

8267535d5b.jpg

f3b5dde047.jpg

As these pictures clearly show, there are area's in Puntland that will invite companies with open arms! Just look at how many people are being employed in these pics. Also, it is important to note that the security was provided by locals!

(I have more pictures of people who have benefitted from the employment that exploration has brought, however I don’t feel it would be right to put their faces on the internet without their permission!)

Mention Cade Muuse's oil exploration failures, and then Thankfull comes singing his tunes within minutes. :D

p.s. What I see in the 1st picture is one men doing some bbq on a grill, second picture is some cars and heavy truck(maybe for road construction), and third picture is men praying in a Bosasso refugee camp.

Thankful   

JB, is that the best you can come back with?

Burn Notice, if you can see JB is a die hard secessionist and see's everything through his triangle administration! I will say this much though, I feel the unity between my fellow countryman, JB, when he contribues to the development of our country by giving his opinion on Puntland/Somalia issues.

(Qodax, it is clear you continuously get banned and than return, also, as JB knows you are obviously Cowke....give it a rest)