Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Africa Confidential: A new report on Puntland, Saracen, Sheikh Atam, Piracy the Hunt for Oil

UN offcials say Saracen’s activities contravene the UN arms embargo on Somalia and they note that the main fruit of a previous attempt to train an anti-piracy force by British company Hart Security was simply better trained pirates.

Hmmm ,,,,,

Puntland’s move, and subsequent TFG adoption of the same strategy, is quite consequential. It breaks a bad habit (and a deliberate one) of Western NGO’s micromanaging Somali affairs from distant capitals.

The message is loud and clear: we will fend for our interests; seek funds from where we can get. And just in case you conveniently forget, petro-dollars are what running your economy.

I understand the secessionists are mad because they perfectly understand what it means to have Somalia’s infrastructure receive the investment it so badly needs.

Xiiny, you do suffer a form of paranoia. pirates who are a drift in the sea too long are known to suffer from acute paranoia.

This report was written by Africa Confidential, posted by Wardheer website and Nassir started this topic here. None of then supports Somaliland.

^But your secessionist hysteria particularly over this issue is resounding to say the least, the minister's remembrance of 1988 rings a bell :D :D :D

NASSIR   

Qodax, So much has been written regarding the competition for scarce resources and the foreign intervention in Somalia. What this article does is help us learn the organizations and the names of individuals in these shady deals. We can do a further research and study on their activities and thus inform the public. I am aware of the secessionist's interest in the destabilization of the Maakhir Territory as well as Puntland's small elite group. It's all about narrow interest hijacking our national unity.

I will never understand just how naive some of you are

world economies operate by exporting goods and resources...Ex-President Muse knew that Puntland could potentially be sitting on billions of dollars worth of resources that if explored could help develop the community and help it prosper..it does NO ONE any good just sitting in the earth does it...oh my god what a terrible thing he did....oh I forgot, even though they are endorsed by both presidents and theTFG they are still illegal right??

The state needs funds to run, no one is helping Puntland so Faroole has gone out and got his own help...if i were president I would have done the same thing

petro dollars = development = economic growth = jobs = prosperity

damn those politicians and dirty foreign companies lol

forget democracy and capitalism...let the terrorists run the state/country...I'm sure they would do a better job.... NOT