Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Insane In The Brain..

NGONGE   

Sometimes, I find myself sitting and thinking about nothing in particular. It is usually the time when my mood switches and I begin to feel depressed. It is all the junk that fills one’s brain that really gets me in such a mood. For example, on the train this morning, someone was listening to some music on their IPod (as most people do). I could not hear the actual song they were listening to but the noise (one you will recognise if you ever stood next to someone listening to their iPod on a train) was extremely irritating. I tried to guess the song but my train of thought was heading in an entirely different direction. I began thinking about music and the last time I listened to any. I then remembered mentioning to the wife that I am thinking of getting a new iPod (I lost my last one in 2008). “Maybe you should listen to some Quran” said she. “On the train?” I incredulously asked. “Yes. Why not? Lots of people listen to it on the train” she replied. “But it is not the best environment for listening and hearing” said I. She didn’t get my point and said “well, just put the sound up”. “You don’t understand. How can I pay attention to what I’m listening to when, more often than not, I have a huge woman, or man, rubbing their crotch against my left thigh?”! She didn’t understand again and said “Forget reading it, you really need someone to read it on you”.

But that was not the only destination that my train of thought took me to. It also took me on a tour of popular music. That is when I started to think of young Justin Bieber and the strange reason that I (old grey haired me) knew that he only dated one blonde and two brunettes in his life! Thinking of the dating habits of celebrities took me (fleetingly) past Zsa Zsa Gabor who got married nine times and is in hospital having one of her legs amputated. These are facts I knew by heart and did not have to google for the purposes of this narrative. However, I did have to google the name of the Swaziland Justice Minister who was caught in bed with the wife of that country’s king (his name is Ndumiso Mamba). It was while standing there in that crowded carriage and wondering why I even remembered the story of this affair or that the king had sixteen wives that I began to think of Coptic churches in Egypt and the recent troubles in that country. That’s when I started to blame Hosni Mubarak for all the problems there and for ordering his soldiers to shoot all the poor Africans that try to cross into Israel. They call him the laughing cow in Egypt you know. It’s a type of cheese (La vache qui rit). I am not sure if it were the music from the person standing next to me or the French name of that cheese that made me think of Edith Piaf (her mother was half Algerian you know). From there, it was inevitable that I would start humming the “Alouette” song to myself. It was not sung by Edith by the way, it is actually a children’s song. I heard it in a cartoon when I was a child and always sang it to myself at times of great stress. This is why I now began to think of cartoons and the great Pepe Le Pew, but he was not really French, he was an American actor.

Karachi or the controversy about Shoaib Malik’s marriage to Sania Mirza? The blonde woman on the right had the same haircut as Hillary Clinton after her daughter’s wedding. Was she thinking about the increase in the VAT rate?

She looked at me and I realized how rude I was being so I lowered my gaze. That is when I remembered that in the year 2010 lowering my gaze has been very beneficial to me. I found twenty pounds on the floor of my local shop in June. I found five pounds on the floor of my One Pound Shop in August and last week, I found twenty pounds amongst the sweets in my local Turkish shop. Not to mention the iPhone that was left in the train by some Japanese tourists as I was getting on in September! I gave it all back of course (the money to the shopkeepers and the phone to its oblivious owner).

When there was a pause in my train of thought, I thought some more. This time it was about the people I was gazing at and the unfairness of trying to put them in their respective stereotypical boxes. I then wondered if they too look at me in the same way. Do they see a Somali man lost in deep thought and wonder if I am thinking of the problems of the horn? Do they wonder if I am an Al Shabab supporter? Have they heard of Siilaanyo or Sheikh Sharif? Or do they just think of pirates? Bloody Imam Farole!

To da one on da flamboyant tempa

I just toss that ham in the fryin pan

like spam

it's done when I come in slam

damn, I feel like the son of sam

don't make me wreck shit

hectic next to the chair

got me
goin' like general electric

errr

the lights are blinkin' I'm thinkin'

it's all over when go out drinkin'

OH makin' my mind slow,

that's why I don't **** with the big four-oh

bro, I got ta' maintain

cuz a nigga like me is goin; insane

chorus:

insane in the membrane

insane in the brain!

insane in the membrane

insane in the brain!

insane in the membrane

crazy insane, got no brain!

insane in the membrane

insane in the brain!

all i thought of was the above song when i saw the title and i am not even depressed :D

correction - Governor of Punjab was murdered (i only know because his distraught family member is a friend)

and they probably taught you were a pirate :D

Abtigiis   

[Do they see a Somali man lost in deep thought and wonder if I am thinking of the problems of the horn? Do they wonder if I am an Al Shabab supporter? Have they heard of Siilaanyo or Sheikh Sharif? Or do they just think of pirates? Bloody Imam Farole!

I think they will know you are thinking about a second wife or how to go and interview Sheikh Atom.

BOB   

NGONGE is too CIVILIZED to entertain the tought of Minyaro...whyelse do you think he prefers Latte to Caano Geel and Lasagna to Canjeelo and electric tooth brush to his muswak...the man is the ultimate 21st century metrosexual man who spends so much time on his appearance from head to toe...he even has his own favourite manicure & pedicure saloon in London.:cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ms MoOns   

NGONGE, I love your thoughts. Honestly.

Brilliant, La Vache Qui Rit, it's a type of cheese.

& Edith Piaf: brings me back to my French classes at madam van Gestel's. She used to make us listen/watch to Piaf's songs, for her own pleasure, waxana huba, that it wasn't part of her lesson plan.

Ismalura   

I always had doubts about your sanity...

Great way to narrate your 'stream of consciousness'. As much as I hate saying something nice about You I have to admit that this is beautiful !

Juxa   

He needs xasil to become a great writer no? i mean the man thought 100 unrelated things at one go?

having said that caqliga iyo waalida go side by side marka nothing new there, lakinse Edith Piaf islaantii tuurta laheyd maxad uga fakareysaa? and whilst thinking of her why not um-kalthum bal?

NGONGE   

^^ What is 'xasil' (or whatever it is you wrote there)?

BOB;685808 wrote:
NGONGE is too
CIVILIZED
to entertain the tought of Minyaro...whyelse do you think he prefers Latte to Caano Geel and Lasagna to Canjeelo and electric tooth brush to his muswak...the man is the ultimate 21st century metrosexual man who spends so much time on his appearance from head to toe...he even has his own favourite manicure & pedicure saloon in London.:cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

What did I ever do to you Bob to deserve such an insult warya? :D

One day, the sun, moon and stars will align in such a way that makes it favourable to seek out a minyaro. I am simply waiting for such a day.

NGONGE   

^^ Are you calling me crazy? Bal adigu ii sheeg waxaad ku fekartid markaad train saarantahay (or in a traffic jam). :D

Juxa   

I no longer think of xalwad....JB lately radorkaada mafiicna oo wuu danbeeye.

Ngonge i did not call you crazy, cause i know you are not; just that caqliga badan iyo waalidu waa wax isla socda waa hidaayah minal-lah

I have been very lucky that i dont commute to the city so rush isma aragno but on the tube i stare people's shoes or sniff into my scarf to avoid the bad smells around me. at traffic i check other people's car and dream of getting The dream car sooner rather than later.

I like new and shiny stuff