Sign in to follow this  
WingA

Official Champions League 2006/07 Thread

^^^^Soma, I thought I was the only 1 who had a feeling that liverpool are going to meet Arsenal, to be honest, I'd rather not. You see, Arsenal have a problem against Rafa in the CL when he was with Valencia. We have a hurdle in our way, but with Kolo and Adebayor back, I feel we can do it. Congrats on your second-half comeback. Did you see the reaction of Abramovich at half-time and how it completely changed at the final whistle, deep down he knows Jose is the best manager he'll find, so all this talk about him leaving is rubbish.

Barca played well last night but not well enough and L'pool should be given credit for not just sitting back, but to try and expose Barca and were doing so till the last minute.

Did anyone see the brawl at Valencia, it was comical the way Navarro was getting chased by the Inter players. Apparently Navarro broke Burdisso's nose.

I think you arsenal fans are getting a bit too carried away. You are going to have to get past a very dogged team in PSV. I know their team very well and they can beat any team in Europe on their day and so far they have the upper against arsenal so the gooners will have to do very well to get past PSV but that is not saying they can’t.

In terms of the Draw I hope we don’t get an English side until the semi’s. I’d like Roma because I think that could be a good game with two fairly evenly matched teams in terms of the Champions League. Arsenal-Liverpool could be an interesting one if arsenal makes it

BOB   

Originally posted by Koyoti 1-8-7:

Did anyone see the brawl at Valencia, it was comical the way Navarro was getting chased by the Inter players. Apparently Navarro broke Burdisso's nose.

I was watching the whole thing but what I can't understand is why on earth Marchena punched Burdiso when the game has already ended?

I would've loved to see Navarro get thumped for his cowardice act and I hope Toldo & Figo gave him a proper one as the last time I saw they managed to get into Valencia's dressing room by force where he was apparently hiding...

you don't punch a man from behind...that is COWARDICE and he was lucky Cordoba & Dacourt didn't catch him properly when they tried to kick him...but the most amazing thing was...Matarazzi was actually a peacemaker and didn't join in the brawl when most people would have...I mean even the Inter captain Zanetti joined in...who without a doubt is one of the coolest footballers i have ever seen.

They will both be fined by UEFA but Valencia will suffer the most not because their ignorant "Captain" started the whole thing (he was wearing the armband at the time) as they are still in the race and few of their players may find themselves in hot water.

about the game...I thought INTER deserved to progress as they were the better team over the two legs...and the ref denied them what looked like a legitimate penalty...but that is football for you...Better teams don't always win.

Peace, Love & Unity.

you dont punch someone from behind? cowardice? what about mr Eboue against bridge. i mean bridge did overact but Eboue was a coward for punching him from behind and then pretending to fall over bridge.

BOB   
Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

you dont punch someone from behind? cowardice? what about mr Eboue against bridge. i mean bridge did overact but Eboue was a coward for punching him from behind and then pretending to fall over bridge. [/quote i can't beleive you're still on about last century's game! Dude you really need to move on now just like the both teams have moved on and let the FA decide who hit who and Next time PLEASE...try to comment on something you have witnessed rather than heard just like i witnessed Navarro punch Nicola Burdiso. And more thing...stop being a bitter and be a man and 4get about me and 187 bursting your bubbles and for the sake of football don't compare Arsenal to Chelsea its embarrassment for all the football fans around the world.

nuune   

Bob, bro, sadly so, as much as I wanted Arsenal to stay in the CL, they just drop out after Alex's 83rd minute header gave PSV a 2-1 aggregate win, but you are right, Arsenal are no match for Chelsea, I don't want Soma-Ink to spot this statement!

Man United are in, Larson sealed off that farewell goal for Man, Lille worked so hard, they had many young players so as United, but they wasted their chances.

Real Madrid are out as well, thanks to Lucio, and Bayern won on away goals, 4-4 aggregate.

I also forgot, AC Milan are through, Celtic did well for going extra time with Milan.

It is just getting easy for Liverpool, with PSV, or the likes of Man United or AC Milan with their performances tonight, it will even get better for Liverpool to progress with simplicity and with style.

Emperor   

Thanks for the update, I wanted United to get out of the competition. What was the score between them and Lille

BOB,

what do you mean

try to comment on something you have witnessed rather than heard just like i witnessed Navarro punch Nicola Burdiso

are you blind as well as blatantly ******? everyone saw eboue COWARDLY punch Bridge from behind and that is why he got a three match ban although the referee didnt actually give him a red card.

this time i wasnt actually having a go at you are any other arsenal fan but if you want it, bring it on coz when i get started bro there is no stopping me.

don't compare Arsenal to Chelsea its embarrassment for all the football fans around the world.

[uNQUOTE] TRUE DAT. I shouldnt be belitteling chelsea by comparing them to a team whose season is already over by the beginning of march.

BOB   

Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

I shouldnt be belitteling chelsea by comparing them to a team whose season is already over by the beginning of march.

Honestly speaking...you are really belittling yourself here by arguing something that shouldn't even be mentioned in the first place...you seem to be confusing between fanaticism and fantasy here and I really feel sorry for you on how you keep on embarrassing yourself day in day out by comparing two teams that are millions apart in every sense of the word.

What is your definition of BIG? have you ever heard something called "History"? Arsenal has more illustrious history than Chelsea ever will, we won more cups than you ever will, we have larger fan base than you can only dream of and oh yeah we got Emirates, the greatest premiership ground in the entire Kingdom...how on earth can you claim these two teams are in the same league unless you know nothing about football and you just started following Chelsea for the last two seasons and have not the slightest of idea what happened pre-Abramovic?

Don't argue for the sake of argument...for that is unattractive trait for any man to possess...try to make sense and above all be fair and give credit where its due after all that's what the sport is all about before you stoop to lower level and claim Chelsea is bigger than United & Liverpool which they will never be in a million years.

So far I have been generous to you more than I've ever been to anyone else by keeping on responding to your ridiculous statements but from now on...you give me no choice but to ignore you because you are talking rubbish and know nothing about football...stick to your hockey and netball or whatever that is you are good at.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

Bob
, bro, sadly so, as much as I wanted Arsenal to stay in the CL, they just drop out after Alex's 83rd minute header gave PSV a 2-1 aggregate win,

Salam Aleikum W.W

Nuune...Thanks for the sympathy my brother...there goes our season but there is always another season to look forward to Insha Allah. smile.gif

I am not even going to mourn about if we deserved to go out or not but what I know is that...we haven't got the rub of the green this season (funny how they used to call us Lucky Arsenal) and in football you need to catch a lucky break like Chelsea did when the Porto goalie presented them with an early Christmas gift or when Victor Valdes & Marquez gifted Liverpool two priceless away goals...we didn't get those lucky breaks and that is how our season has gone from the first game we played against Villa at Emirates to last night.

The funniest thing is...I sent a text message to SoMa_InC bragging about the lucky break we got when Alex scored the own goal and I also mentioned how I hoped we may never live to regret Adebayor's miss which we sadly did... :(

but in fairness I thought Alex was the man of the match and at times it felt like it was Alex Vs Arsenal as he seemed to deal with every challenge we threw at them with a relative ease...Good Luck to PSV.

Northerner & Ngonge...go ahead and rub it in you bloody Scousers... :mad: Good Luck To You Boys...Make Your Queen Proud. :D

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB,

why do you keep deluding by making arguements that no-one ever made, hmm? because i never argued chelsea were a big club and i never said they had a better history then arsenal. so you just up those things to make yourself feel better after being knocked of every competition.

the only arguement i made and i will always make is that chelsea ARE a better team then arsenal. with that i am only talking about the current time were chelsea are considered to be stronger team by everyone except deluded gooners like yourself.

ps out of two of us you are the one who is turning everything into arsenal vs chelsea fight. i initially only commented on your view of cowardice by using eboue as an example of the cowardice you were talking about. however it was you that managed to turn into a Chelsea v Arsenal fight

^^^Sxb, this forum is a place where people with some knowledge come and talk about football constructively. You are turning it into a straight up cat fight. No one is sayig you're dumb or an !diot, but just calm down and present your argument in a polite and peaceful manner. You need to forget the carling cup final, your team won and that should be all the satisfaction you need, like my friend Soma_Inc. Your constant dissing of Arsenal, only reinforces your envy. Be happy with your team and all the good things that you say are going for you guys.

N.O.R.F   

Quarter-final draw

AC Milan v Bayern Munich

PSV Eindhoven v LIVERPOOL

Roma v MANCHESTER UNITED

CHELSEA v Valencia

(First legs to be played on 3/4 April and second legs on 10/11 April)

Semi-final draw

CHELSEA or Valencia v PSV Eindhoven or LIVERPOOL

Roma or MANCHESTER UNITED v AC Milan or Bayern Munich

(First legs to be played on 24/25 April and second legs on 1/2 May)

Let the games begin!

Arsenal were the only team i was afraid of,,