Sign in to follow this  
WingA

Official Champions League 2006/07 Thread

BOB   

Chelsea, are you that much scared of Barcelona that you resort to anything just to stop them?

Maurinho is wasting the talents of the great players that they have by not letting them play the football that they are capable of playing! I have to admit I didn't watch the Chelsea equalizer simply because I couldn't endure any longer watching the worst Champions league match that I have the misfortune of watching in a long long time.

Peace, Love & Unity.

SoMa_InC   

Bob, Sxb, How are you doing?

Long time.

As much as I hate to disagree with you, but I have to admit that you are off beam on this occasion. It was Barcelona players, the likes of Motta, Marquez, Puyol and actually the whole team that resorted to the dreadful and appalling actions. Even though I have to admit that it was only Drogba who was the culprit on our side as he was unsportsmanlike in some occasion but I still rate him as he had the last laugh and once again scored an important goal.

The game was far away from entertaining and the Barca players resorted to all sorts of things (diving, cheating and most of all, as usual, they wanted a Chelsea player sent off) to make sure they get the 3 points. Did you see how the whole team including their Manager and fans wanted Ashley Cole to be sent off? I am lost for words but this team deep down believes that Chelsea are too good for them and will resort to all kind of stuff to make sure that they win.

Most of all, the referee was pathetic, he could not control the game and was biased with his decisions on several occasions. We deserved two penalties and his yellow cards were sometimes unnecessary.

Our Manager, Jose Mourinho, is a loud mouth but I second him when he said, Barca can never beat Chelsea team when all the players are on the pitch.

The game at the Bridge had everything, it was classic! We controlled the whole game, never game them time to breath and the win was magnificent. Many so-called commentators were astonished and I am sure my friend, Bob was also.

PS: Barcelona is a good team with so many talented players but I think they missed the deadly unsung hero; Samuel Eto. Ronaldinho was lucky last night as Khalid Boularouz was not at his best last night. :D

Peace

SoMa_InC   

He was a sub yesterday against Tottenham and the sub got subbed when Robbie Keane of all the people was giving him hard time. He is a good player; young and talented but it will be at least a season before he establishes himself as a top defender. I am not saying he is not a top defender but he lacks concentration at times which dearly affects him.

SoMa_InC   

Last night's games were thrilling to watch. Arsenal did a great come back and won such an entertaining game.

Celtic also did qualify for the next round after thumping Man Utd 1-0. Saha missed a last minute penalty, I just felt sorry for him as he is such a good player but I was happy for Gordon Strachan. As usual all Fergie could say was, his team dominated the game and blah blah blah. This Manager does not know how to admit defeat.

As for to night's game, I want my beloved Chelsea team to lose, in order to see the back side of Barcelona.

SoMa_InC   

The Champions League draw for the last 16

Porto v Chelsea

Celtic v Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal

Lille v Manchester United

Roma v Lyon

Barcelona v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Internazionale v Valencia

Chelsea should coast through. Banking on them to win the whole thing this year.

My darkhorse pick for this season is Lille. Never seen them play and I think Ligue 1 clubs are way underrated.

N.O.R.F   

A game i will def watch. I havnt seen any CL games this year but this one is a must!

I will just enjoy it and see what happens. If we come away from Camp Nou with a draw then Anfield will be our 12th man in the 2nd leg.

SoMa_InC   

Liverpool are unpredictable when it comes to the Champions League, so I am sure it is going to be a good clash. It all depends on the night and it can go any way. For the first time, I will be rooting for Liverpool.

N.O.R.F   

Soma, i would never support Chelsea, i used to like them but not since Jose took charge. Did you hear what he said about Andy Johnson? lol What above Arjen Robben?

Chelsea look good for the qtrs but imagine, if Barca won your group we would have faced you again and you would have been out! You should be happy you avoided us :D