Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

SAYID MAX'ED CABDULLE XASAN: Was he a Mujahid Shahiid??

We hear many times our Sland friends posting the "heroic" and sometimes idolisation of SNM fighters and calling them "MUJAHID" "SHAHIID" and so on, but I have a simple question which needs a simple answer.

Is Sayid Maxamed and thousands who fought against the British empire are entitled to the Mujahid orShahiid tags? or do you give this titles reserved for SNM fighters only???.

I am talking about the thousands who died in battlefields such as Jidbaale, Taleex, against the British occupier, SHALL WE CALL THEM MUJAAHIDIIN??????

No he was not the Mullah aka Muhammad abdulla hassan fled from taleex he did not die In battle fighting,, he ran away from his wife naado buraale. i can not call that a Mujaheed, he fled to qoraxay but i can call Imam Axmed ibrahim al ghazi a mujaheed. And the SNM ofcourse

Mayaani   

Mujaahid buu ahaa wuxuu dhintay dhawac iyo dhibaatadii ka soo gaartay jihaadkii xaqa ee u kala dagaalamay galadii gumaysiga ahayd.

Saalax   

I am not sure if you can call the Dervish & Sayyid mujahiidiin more like part-time warlords who use to raid other clans while stealing their camels and properties , part-time freedom fighters

The real Mujahiid was Imam Ahmed Ibraahiim Al Ghazi who fought for his religion (Islam) and to defend his people from the aggressive christian kingdoms of the highlanders while conquering them and converting some.

The Conquest of abbyssinia Futah al habash = For the most part success

SNM Movement = Success

Dervish Movement = Failure

Chimera   

LOL your comparing a Somali power that fought multiple empires, including the British who brought military equipment and soldiers from across their empire; Boers, King African Rifles, Indian Regiments, RAF etc to one of the dozens of Somali rebel groups that fought a dying and weak dictatorship?

The SNM committed plenty of crimes, atleast the Dervish have the excuse of punishing collaborators friendly to the British and if this included ancestors of mine, more power to them., but who exactly were the many Somali civilians mowed down by the SNM collaborating with/ and friendly to, as they themselves took shelter from Siad Barre's foreign planes?

How about Alshabaab leaders like "Cayrow" and their hundreds of followers who fought against Ethiopia and AMISOM ???? ,,, are they Mujaahidiin and Shahiid ???

Abtigiis   

Arinta SNM iyo Sayidka yaan lala wadwadin nimanka. Waa sidii oday saddex alifle police ah Somalia ka ahaa oo nin General ahaa (markii la soo qaxay) ay isku laayeeen jigjiga. wuxuu ku yidhi "war aniguna waxba kornayl ma ahayn adigu General'e, dadka yaynaan qaldin". :D :D In la isla daadago ayuu rabay, laakin isagu meel kore oo uuna la hayn ayuu ka soo daadagi.

AYOUB   

Allow yaa Darwiishkii farriin debecsan gaadhsiiya

Allow yaa dadkaagii yidhaa dawladnimo qaaday

~ Qaasim

Axmed Guray ma dhiman

Ma goblamin darwiishkii

Geenyadu ma daalana

~ Hadraawi

Like most things (people even), it's not black and white or clear cut as most would have us believe. Like the last Prophet of Islam said; every action is judged by its intention. Which means, it all depends on the intent. Is it fame? Justice? Fortune? Revenge?

Your posted questions are badly phrased and I doubt I'm going to shift your original position but a least I'll give you my few cents.

First of all, only The Almighty will decide who is a true Mujaahid or Shahiid in the Islamic sense. Taasi waa taas. Secondly, this terms could mean different things to different people. Mujaahid could be translated as Halgame, etc stc. The question I've asked before is; what makes M C Xasssan (AUN) a Mujaahid and not Gen M F Caydiid (AUN)? General Caydiid not only fought in 1977 against Ethios but was aslo invovoled in the "Black Hawk" wars. Both killed innocent men, women and children. What is the yardstick of a Mujaahid in this incidence? If the General was accused of robbing, the same could be said of the Sayid's Dayax-Weerar (Moonlight:)) camel raids. If the General Caydiid was clannish, so was Sayid Muxammed.

Someone above said M C Xassan took revenge on collaborators to justify his murders. Well, how does that excuse fit in with today's Al-Shabab? How many people who are opposed to Godane's killings excuse the same violence by M C Xassan? Another important point is; the Sayid M C Xassan did sign a treaty with the Italians, which mocked by one poet with the famous line Ma Talyaanigaasaa mahdiya tanina waa yaabe. Is that not what some consider selling out or collaborating?

Are there phases perhaps? Is Shabaabs's jihaad only justified till the Ethios left? Were the SNM Mujaahids till the collapse of the repressive regime? Was there a phase when Darwiish Jihaad turned into a clan war? What is the Mujaahid standard?

PS I recomend Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise book regarding the Darwiish. The book dispells the ignorant clannish stereotypical pronoucements of the likes of A&T.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

The whole dervishes ended in 1905 as ayoup said when the mulllah signed a treaty with the italian Empire and states that he and his people are part of the italian Empire it was known as the ilig treaty signed in may 1905 the only 4 battles where the British were invovled And Ethiopians were fardhidin gumburo daraatole jidbaale. these 4 battles are the only 4 battles we can say the dervishes fought against the british after that they signed a treaty with the italians now i don't know what kind of mujaheed thinks its oke to have a deal with italians and hate the British is the Englishmen more gaal then the italian?. Any how other then that it was pure clan raiding. Iyaka ba sheegan jiray inay dooxate ahayeen (darawishti nimanki aha dooxatada maydhan)

Saalax   

Chimera. The SNM punished the collaborators of the dictatorial regime of siad bare and not just random people.

This is my point. The whole SNM mujahid /shaheed stuff is clannish based. I am sure 100% if the Sayid was from the BBH triangle clan (Burco, Berbera, Hargeysa) he would've been worshipped and would've been called the great Shaheed. and also there would've been a great status of him at the heart of Hargeysa, but unfortunetly he is from a hated clan and for only that reason he does not qualify Mujahid or Shahiid.