Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

Oz   

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

We won the Carling Cup.

Congratulations to Chelsea players, Coaching staff and the Chelsea fans worldwide especially the SOL Chelsea fans.

Why are Arsenal such bad losers?

Soma It feels nice to lift the trophy..ahh !

SoMa_InC   

^^^Very very nice. How you been though?

you guys played your best team, full of ageing yet capable and experienced players.

187, I agree, but Arsenal team also has experienced players who are capable of performing when experience matters, so the question is, why did Arsene Wenger stick with the so-called young gunners? The answer is simple; he thought they were good enough to win it since they did beat the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham.

but the real winners from my point of view are the young men who outplayed, outfought and outsmarted the chelsea team.

Brother, in football, the winners are the team that wins that particular match. May be the young guns got experience from that game but you can’t call them winners? Sxb, they lost the match and we won the cup. If they need experience, may be they should wait for the pre-season games.

Soma, have you ever heard of the saying, it takes 2 to tango? By saying were bad losers, it basically means that we started of the whole brawl and its all Arsenal's fault

Yes it takes two to tango but on this occasion it took one to tango (does this even exist) :D . Sxb, it is Arsenal’s fault not necessarily the whole Arsenal team, but it is Kolo Toure who reacted to Mikel’s shirt-pulling. He got a free-kick and that should have been it but why do you think Arsene Wenger apologized today? Just admit, some of your players overreacted and as much as the Arsenal legends used to do it. Kolo Toure is a gentleman and a great footballer; I always have nothing but respect for him but on this occasion, he did let me down and to make it worse he had the armband. But my respect for him hasn’t changed a bit.

PS: Soma, Do I still get a good luck from you now?

Of course! Good luck sxb, even though I’ll be glad to see the gunners get gunned down.

I am yet to hear an Arsenal fan sending a death threat to the referee

BOB, Sxb, don’t believe everything you read on the media. Why would someone want to kill a referee?

after Spurs beat your behind fairly & squarely..let me refresh your mind incase you forgot it..he blamed the referee Graham Poll for that defeat too...again!

It was not only Jose who blamed Graham Poll; even the TV pundits blamed him. Every fan of the game has seen that Mr Poll was not up to his standards on that game thus making us lose the game because of him. Just wait and see how we are going to trash them when we meet up for the FA Cup and the premier league match at the Bridge.

Obi Mikel deserved more than a mere red card as he's the one who started it all.

lol, cmon Sxb, you have to be kidding me. All he did was pull Toure’s shirt, it was Toure who overreacted. I think he was treated harshly. Eboue will get three match ban, the same with Adeboyar and Toure. I just feel sorry for Toure.

Why do you think Arsene Wenger apologized if he did not think it was his team who started the brawl? Remember this is the same Manager who never seems to see most incidents that happen on the pitch.

in my personal view I think Mourinho sent him on to avenge what he deemed as a deliberate foul on John Tery after all the man has no idea how the game is played for if he did I don't think he would've ordered Chelsea players to kick Messi & Ronaldinho out of the park in that shameful champions league match at Stamford Bridge where they deliberately made their pitch look like a Gal-Kacyo stadium and guess whose idea it was?

^^^Walahi I find this funny. I am sure you were boiling when you wrote that or do you still have the same view?

Congrats Chelsea fans, SoMa_InC in particular.

Thank you my brother. Much appreciated Sxb.

and the best part for me was when he made Lampard look s!lly more than once....

I agree with that. I was flabbergasted walahi, the guy has future.

PS: Please don’t get me wrong, Arsenal team plays the best football in the country but it is not pretty football that wins games but rather it is getting the maximum points (3) that counts. I agree that we don’t play fancy football but we try and accumulate as much points as we can and win games.

Peace.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

SoMa_Inc...how are you doing my brother...I hope all is well with you Insha Allah.

My point is...Mourinho has no respect for anybody including the opposing team, coach or the game and I remember when he claimed to have seen Rijkaard coming out of the Ref's locker room when in truth it was one of his assistants who claimed to have seen him coming out of the ref's lockers, now I am tempted to point out his stup!dity but I rather not.

Mourinho knows Camp Nou like the back of his hand and a noble man would've told his incompetent Assistant not to be s!lly but instead he fuelled the whole thing and it was embarrassing for all concerned and then few days later back tracked and admitted to have lied about the whole thing and for me..that's the mark of a dishonest man (if I may borrow a sentence from my African buddy Eto'o) so with your special one expect anything.

I'm not only a fan of the game but I also play and no matter how painful a loss maybe I never walk out of the pitch without shaking the hands of all my conquerors and at times I even congratulate them but I stand by my statement and still believe Mikel was looking to provoke the Arsenal players (again I am not saying our players were in their right to act like bunch of hooligans) and I would again suggest you take a look at that particular incident and tell me if Mikel was trying to play the football instead of Baptista's balls...you play football and I'm sure you know when a player is trying to hurt you by going over the top and when he accidentally grazes your kneecap with his studs.

If Mourinho once told his players to kick an opponent (Thanks to Crespo) there is every chance he would do it again and who knows...maybe young Mikel was only following an order just like he was following orders when he was told by none other than the special one, not to play for Nigeria against Ghana and feign an injury or something which resulted his family receiving a death threat from the fans in Nigeria. (I don't know if you've heard it but it was on all the sports papers here in Africa)

Edmilson from Barca once said "The worst part of playing against Chelsea is listening to all the stup!d things that Mourinho says"...

by the way tonight I will be watching the CAF Awards Insha Allah at 20:00 GMT...the African equivalent of FIFA world player of the year award gala where your two boys Essien & Drogba will come head to head with the winner of the last three editions, the Lion King...Sammy Eto'o...Drogba is the hot favourite and I hope he wins it because he deserves it more than any other African player on the planet right now...

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Apparently the FA is investigating the fact that Arsene called the linesman a liar. The linesman put in the match report that Adebayor hit Lampard, Lampard came out and said he didn't including the whole chelsea team. Now, the FA are claiming that the linesman said that Ade "aimed" a punch at Lampard. Now I'm not exactly einstein but isn't that the same thing? Instead of focusing their attention on the video and apologising for their official's mistake, they are more concerned about what happened after the game. All Adebyor did was try to calm the situation down and got sent off, any player with a right mind would react to that kind of injustice.

bob,

i agree with you in a sense that mourinho does sometimes come up with utter garbage that dont help but i think so does wenger or whinger as some of the media are calling him these days. for that matter so does ferguson. i actually think the sole purpose for doing it is to 'piss off' the opposition and get them to loose their cool.

SoMa_InC   

Actually Liverpool never deserved to lose! They had the best chances and controlled the whole second half but were unlucky with the finishing. Sisoko didn't have one of his best games but was still winning the ball even though his final pass was poor therefore why did Benetiz substitute him with Crouch? Craig Bellemy also looked threatening up front, he looked to have been the player who could snatch a goal anytime.

I still believe the race is not over yet! We still have a chance. Man Utd did not play well today against Liverpool and the same against Fulham game, where they both scored last minute goals. So it is not over yet until mathematically proven.

To start with, we need to win todays match against Portsmouth.

Northerner, I was couting on your team, they did let me down big time.

nuune   

^^^ Typical Man U always gets away with a late goal, these guys should be tactically maneuvered, I mean they play bad, they score at the end, and they do that every game.

This was one match I had full hope with that Liverpool could win easily as we dominated the whole game with simplicity.

Soma-Inc, bro, it seems the race for the title is loosening out of hand from Chelsick and notably from Liverpool's point of view!

N.O.R.F   

Soma, sorry bro we huffed and puffed but to no avail.

They will lose a few points and you must win your games against Arsenal and Man Utd.

nuune and northener,

a couple of my friends who are liverpool fans blamed reina and your defense for your loss but i feel it was bellamy's, in the majority. if he had waited a little bit longer to pass it to the onrushing Kuyt liverpool would have scored for. sure or am i being a bit too harsh on him?

as a chelsea fan it is hard to stomach and to say it but i think united have just about wrapped the title up. mourinho and the players wont give up but its all in man utd's hands.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Dont give up Sxb until it is mathematically proven!

Remember 98 season when Man Utd were 12 points ahead of Arsenal and later on lost the league. Alex Fergie knows it that's why he can't claim the race to be over.

notably from Liverpool's point of view!

Nuune Sxb, please tell me you didn't think Liverpool will win the league if they were successful against Man Utd. The race was over for you lot way before Xmas :D

Northerner, if we manage to win all the rest of the games, we have a chance. You know Arsenal are not a threat to us this days, so that 3 points is guaranteed. :D I hope this is not gonna put me on trouble with Bob and 187.

Peace

N.O.R.F   

^^Maybe not BOB but 187 might get annoyed at you (he gets annoyed easily just like most Arsenal fans)

Big CL week ahead!

Soma,

I never have and never will give up to the Manure but i was just saying that it is in their hands now and for them to loose it. I know Mourinho and the players will not give up until the end and i think we will make the manure sweat for sure

nuune   

^^ that was good stuff indeed, I was hoping Chelsick will get draw, and then they scored a goal at injury time, we need second place, that is enough for us.