Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

Its not a multi-million advertisement as people make it out to be, they paid around 500,000. Honestly I was slightly disgusted when i found out about the deal.

SoMa_InC   

Liverpool have Luis Garcia

True, how can I forget him. He dives, wins a penalty then starts licking his thumb. :D

Eboueu is a bit of a diver

Did you see his reaction the other day when Arsenal were playing Bolton in the league? Kevin Davies pushed him and the way he went to the ground was a real thriller. I wont call him a diver but he is coming out of the shell with some attitude. Typical Arsenal player, I think Henry has been training him.

BOB   

its not only Arsenal FC that's now owned by Jewish. What about Man Utd & Chelsea...I am not sure about Liverpool & Aston Villa but the advertisement of Israel as a holiday destination puts me off every time I see it and I don't support Jews but a football team.

and as far as divers are concerned even Gerrard dives when he sees it fit, remember the penalty he won against Sheffield Utd on the opening day? What about Rooney? Oooh that incident comes to mind...when Utd beat us at Old Trafford to prevent us making it 50 Not Out...thanks mainly to his dive.

I don't care what excuse you guys may come up with but Once A Diver Always A Diver...Full Stop.

Ljunberg doesn't dive but Pires yes and lately Ebue...SoMa_InC My brother, Come On We both know that Henry doesn't dive as he doesn't need to, its understandable that you don't like him and I respect that as I don't like Lampard either and everybody knows that he's overrated unlike Gerrard who will always be better than him but that doesn't mean I dislike him to an extent that I will accuse him of something that he's not.

Whatever Happened To Fairplay?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Sxb, I never said Henry dives but all I said was that he has an attitude.

Here is what I said about Eboue,

I wont call him a diver but he is coming out of the shell with some attitude. Typical Arsenal player, I think Henry has been training him.

I meant Henry has been training him on how to develop attitude. :D

Bob, Why you hating on my boy Lampard? I agree that he is overrated just as much as Henry is overrated. ;)

Soma, check this video out, you can rate him yourself then and don't have to listen to other people "overrating" him. For the sake of it you might aswell check out the drogba one aswell and make your own judgement.

Sensation

Drogba

NGONGE   

Henry DOES dive. He doesn't do it often enough because he usually doesn't need to. But he does dive when the opportunity presents itself.

As for the Israel advertisement, flip the coin and think what those poor Israelis that support arsenal feel every time they see that their beloved team’s ground is called Emirates! It’s a one-one draw methinks.

Ps

I used to think Lampard was overrated but looking at his record in the past three seasons I don’t think anyone could begrudge him his position amongst the best midfielders in the world. I’m a Liverpool fan yet I rate him higher than our captain fantastic. Gerard is a better runner, tackler and leader but he lacks Lampard’s guile and positional sense. Ever see him at the edge of the penalty area? It always seems contrived and laboured. He seems to be appearing from five hundred yards back and wallops the ball as hard as he can hoping that he’ll score (which he luckily does). Lampard on the other hand reads the game better and almost all of his goals look effortless. They are not of course. It’s all about movement and positioning. :D

It’s a one-one draw

Exactly.

I used to think Lampard was overrated but looking at his record in the past three seasons I don’t think anyone could begrudge him his position amongst the best midfielders in the world. I’m a Liverpool fan yet I rate him higher than our captain fantastic. Gerard is a better runner, tackler and leader but he lacks Lampard’s guile and positional sense. Ever see him at the edge of the penalty area? It always seems contrived and laboured. He seems to be appearing from five hundred yards back and wallops the ball as hard as he can hoping that he’ll score (which he luckily does). Lampard on the other hand reads the game better and almost all of his goals look effortless. They are not of course. It’s all about movement and positioning.

You right, no-one can say lampard is sh!t, but saying he's better than gerrard in positioning is kinda wrong. How many times have seen stevie stand outside the box in a perfect position ready to kick the sh!t out the ball. They have different roles at their clubs. Chelsea focus on Lampard and make sure he gets enough help as possible. He'll hav the strikers/wingers occupying the defenders and essien and makelele takin care of the midfield, so he's just left alone to shoot. But thats not taking anything away from lampard, you need the right skill and power to handle that kinda game. Whereas stevie g doesn't have that cover and thats where his skill needs to be better than lampard and thats why we see him do those amazing things we all see and thats why he's better than lampard.

MLS club Colorado Rapids owner Stan Kroenke is looking to invest in Arsenal and the two parties are close to striking a ground-breaking deal.

Kroenke is worth an estimated £1.02 billion.

According to the Independent, the deal will focus on the Gunners' push into the North American market.

The report was inconclusive as to whether current shareholders David Dein (14.9%), Nina Bracewell-Smith (15.9%) or Daniel Fiszman (25%) were looking to sell their stakes in the club.

Kroenke's MLS club will be renamed either Arsenal Colorado or Colorado Arsenal. There are also plans to change the colour of the team strip to match the historic maroon strip Arsenal wore last season.

Both the proposed names have been trademarked by Kroenke's Sports Enterprises firm, and their website domain names have been registered to KSE headquarters in Denver, Colorado, in anticipation of the deal being signed.

Tell me another team that has renamed another team to its name, its shirt and trading name. People love the arsenal!

BOB   

Well said Koyoti...

My brother Northerner..what are you expecting from the Geordies today...remember the game is at St James Park and not Anfield...the game will kick off at 17:00 my local time while 19:00 at your end...Good Luck Bro.

SoMa_InC...my brother...i am not hating on anyone but at the same time i can't sing the praises of some one not worthy of it and i am afraid Lampard (at least in my opinion) isn't worthy of any praise never mind mine.

I will see you all on Monday Insha Allah...

PS. SoMa_InC, All the best against Boro 2day my brother.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Well Bob i'm planning to watch tonights game at 7pm after a visit to the beach with the family :cool:

I will also have an eye on the Sheff Utd vs Villa game, gotta support my home town club!

I predict a 6 goal haul for you guys tomorrow vs Wigan.

Its all about the Barca game on wed nites!

Oz   

Should theiry henry publicly apologise for the incident with chris kirkland wigans goal keeper ? i thought that was unsportslike of such a talented player.

N.O.R.F   

^^The guy has a big head and he French!

Angry Eto'o hits out at Rijkaard

Eto'o was La Liga's top scorer last season

Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has hit out at Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard for saying he refused to play in Sunday's 2-0 win over Racing Santander.

Rijkaard claimed the 25-year-old "didn't want to" come on as a second-half substitute.

But Eto'o said: "Telling a news conference I didn't want to play is the behaviour of a bad person.

"I've always thought about the group first. If anybody has balls, they should tell it to me face-to-face."

Rijkaard had asked Eto'o, who recently returned to action after four months out with a knee injury, to come on in the closing minutes at the Nou Camp but the striker apparently rejected the request.

"Eto'o warmed up but afterwards told (assistant coach) Eusebio he did not want to come on," said Rijkaard after the game.

"I think it's a shame because every minute, every moment, can be important... I haven't spoken with him but I'm always prepared to talk to the players."

There's a division in the changing room between two clans

Samuel Eto'o

Ronaldinho was also critical of Eto'o after the game, suggesting the striker had been inconsiderate to his team-mates.

But Eto'o responded: "If a team-mate says that you must think of the team, it's up to him to think of the team. Personally I always think first about the group and then money."

Barcelona's victory over Racing Santander, thanks to two goals from Ronaldinho, saw them open up a three-point lead at the top of La Liga.

They are also through to face Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League, with Rijkard's side hosting the first leg on 21 February.

However, Eto'o, last season's top scorer in La Liga, said a major rift had developed at the Catalan giants.

"There's a division in the changing room between two clans: one is the president's and the other is someone else's," he said.

"This is not my war, this is a war. I'm in the middle of a war between two people and I'm the one who is taking all the punishment. But I will return and return to play."

Reports suggest the rift is between supporters of president Joan Laporta and those of former vice-president Sandro Rosell, who left the club after a disagreement with Laporta.

Laporta earlier spoke out in support of Eto'o, denying the striker had refused to play on Sunday.

"His knee needs time to warm up and he didn't have enough time. He preferred to be careful," Laporta told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"He didn't do anything inappropriate or wrong. There is no way it can be deduced that Eto'o refused to play soccer for Barcelona."

Eto'o did not attend training on Monday, choosing instead to work in the gym - apparently because of a painful knee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6353861.stm

BOB   

Originally posted by Farukh:

Should theiry henry publicly apologise for the incident with chris kirkland wigans goal keeper ? i thought that was unsportslike of such a talented player.

Henry should publicly apologize to whom?

My brother Farukh first & foremost Salam Aleikum W.W (great name by the way) secondly, are you kidding me here?

I find it funny that you accuse Henry of unsportinglike behavior and completely ignore Kirkland's blatant & annoying attempt to cheat since they went ahead with a cracker of a goal...I give Danny Landzaat to that....Wasting time is also Cheating..isn't it?

Are you saying Kirkland was right to waste time? and what amazed me most was the referee didn't utter a word to him and Lehman tried to follow his cheap stunts once and what does the referee do? book him and thanks to him tonight he will be out of the crucial F.A CUP tie away to Bolton for collecting 5 yellow cards.

You know, I also had a United fan complain to me about him taunting Gray Neville and he even went as far as calling Henry "A Disgrace|".

Now, I would have criticized Henry if he did it to some one else but he did it to Gary Neville, the same guy who ran more than half the pitch across to Liverpool fans just to taunt them when Ferdinand scored the late winner last season at old Trafford and to be honest I haven't heard or read one United fan condemn his tasteless taunting and for me that is called Double Standards.

I agree with Wenger 100%, Henry didn't do anything wrong , in fact I would've preferred him to have done it when we scored the winner..Kirkland got exactly what he deserved and I hope he will learn from his mistake and remember that Honesty is the Best Policy.

I don't know why Jewelinho is complaining about..What penalty? That donkey called Heskey should've been sent off (just to spare him the embarrassment of missing so many easy chances that even my granny could've scored) for elbowing and breaking young Djourou's nose ( I bet you didn't notice that) and how come no one ever mentions Adebayor's legitimate goal ruled offside by the same linesman who forgot to raise his flag when Flamini was clearly offside (a friend of mine who's Arsenal nutter joked that the linesman was so amazed & delighted at Arsenal's move that he felt he would commit a crime against football if he did deny us an equalizer) or when Gael Clichy was tripped in the box by one of their defender (or are we gooners, the only once to have seen it?).

if you are looking for the slightest of contacts..then even Henry should've had a penalty!

My point is there's no way Wigan should blame the referee for their players' failure to defend and to blame the poor Ref for losing 50 Million if they go down?..now I found that sickening because he's enticing their fans to repeat the same thing that the Chelsea fans are accused of doing and that is against the spirit of the game.

I understand if you argue that Wigan didn't deserve to lose but then again we lost 5 games already and tell me anyone of those games that we didn't deserve to win, never mind losing them...my brother football is a funny old game and we've all had decisions go against our teams one ay or another and all we must do is say 'Tough Luck' and move on.

If I were Jewelinho I would have aimed my anger & frustration towards Heskey, the man who truly cost Wigan all the 3 points and not the poor ref.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Peace.

Bob, I never replied because I knew sooner or later you would and theres no point in both of us pointing out the obvious.

I do think Phil Dowd won't be refereeing that much in the premier league, jewell will complain and claims that several top prem managers are behind him, if thats the case, the referee association will as usual turn against their employee to satisfy the media b4 it escalates.

It's amazing how last season, when all these kinda decisions were going against us, people were saying stop moaning, this is football. When we blame the refs, you hear same old arsenal, blaming everyone but themselves. Now other teams know how frustrated we were last season.

PS: Great game tonight wasnt it. ;)