Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My brother Villa...i am not sure if all the names mentioned are Gooners but i am willing to take their word for it and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Leave Castro alone..what about Osama? whom i heard bought his Arsenal jersey from the Arsenal Shop the last time he was in London.

When i first heard that story which was after the 9/11 incident i shared with every friend of mine that i knew was an avid Arsenal fan and the funniest thing happened when i told a non-somali friend of mine whom i knew was a nutter and straight away he told me that he's going to buy a new jersey and put Osama's name on the back :D ..

I never thought he had the balls to do it especially him being a new convert but guess what? few days later he came to the mosque for duhur prayers with his new jersey and true to his word it had Osama's name with number 1 and from then on he never put any other name on his jerseys...he now sports the new kit with Bin Laden 14 on the back and he even had the opportunity to watch Arsenal Vs Man Utd last season at highbury and told me how people sitting beside/around him thought it was creative of him to do that :D:D

PS. Villa maybe you should try with Castro ;)

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity

BOB   

Guess who i will be rooting for in today's Mersy-side derby?

Couple of hours to go..I can't wait.

Peace, Love & Unity.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Liverpool winning the premier league, that Spaniard is in a dream land.

How are you my brother...a friend of mine also began supporting Chelsea in the days of Ruud Gullit and he says Ranieri was instrumental in laying down the foundation for Chelsea as he brought Lampard & Makelele and don't forget gave Terry the opportunity to play week in week out and named him as vice captain.

Bob, I am good bro, doing great with the grace of Allah (SW). I agree Ranieri, the tinkerman, was instrumental when it came to laying down the foundations of Chelsea FC. Remember he is the one who also finalised the deals for Arjen Robben. Good manager but Abromovitch and his crew stabbed him in the back. The way he was sacked was bad. But at least the guy who took his place was also instrumental by winning us 2 league titles and the carling cup.

I never wish bad luck on a player but I have been praying for this since he moved. Payback is a b!itch.

187, Sxb, even though I am not a big fan of Ashley Cole, it is really sad for you to say such a thing. Every club experiences transfer dilemmas; remember how Arsenal got Sol Campbell? How did Tottenham fans feel losing their top defender on a free transfer? I am a big fan of William Gallas and if I had the chance, will never sell him for any money and matter of fact, Arsenal fans are forgetting how much money Ashley Cole made them considering they got Gallas as well as £5 millions. You guys should appreciate and congratulate him and stop hating on him.

I have little bit of a challenge for you guys, since everyone in here supports one of the big four, who can name their eleven outside the top 4.

187, your team looks fishy Sxb, sup with Kanu, Anelka and Campbell? Does that ring any bells? All former Arsenal players. :D

My selection:

...................Jaaskelainen (Bolton)...............

.........Richards (Man City)...Campbell (Portsmoth)...Woodgate (Middlesbrough)....Volz (Fulham).........

.........Arteta (Everton)...Bentley (Blackburn)...Huddlestone (Tottenham)...Pedersen (Blackburn).........

................McBride (Fulham).......Berbatov (Tottenham)......

Subs

----

David James (He has been inspirational this season and I think he should be England Number 1, Robbinson is disgrace!)

Derbishire (Blackburn)

Garry Speed (Bolton)

Kanu (Portsmoth)

Gareth Barry (Aston Villa)

The whole of reading team expect Hunt because he had such a bad intention for injuring our goalkeeper. The team has been a surprise package this season, Wigan of last season.

Soma, what would you do if John Terry went and secretly met with man u over a possible transfer, knowing John Terry he probably wouldn't, but even if he did and got caught at it, he would immediately apologise and I'm sure the chelsea faithful would forgive him. Ashley Cole betrayed us and then came out launching an attack on everything to do with arsenal. You don't understand, most Arsenal fans were rooting for ashley cole for a possible captaincy, and a player we thought so highly of did what he did and now all I'm sharing with you is what probably every gunner is thinking, but since we are a club of class and prestige, Wenger did the diplomatic thing and thanked him for his services.

My team, yes has a lot of Arsenal players, but come on, Anelka has changed bolton from a long ball team to half-passing team and a gunner wouldn't put him in because he did score 2 goals against us at the reebok. Kanu was top scorer for a while and he's having a cracking season. Campbell, is the reason pompey are where they are, and for me, sol should never have left. I forgot completely about Jasskelainen, and he would my number 1 ahead given, since given spends most if his time on the treatment table these days, Jaaskelainen has taken over from him as the top goalie outside the big four and I'd jump at the chance for him to replace Lehmann next season.

N.O.R.F   

^^I still cant believe Sol left! How can you say Lehman should go after what he did for you last season?

I cant even think of any decent players outside the top four. I havnt seen 10% of games this season. But i will try

Given

Jimbonda

Quadrue

Woodgate

Stubbs

Diouf

Nicky Butt

Steed Malbranque (Tony Blair's fave player)

Lennon

Berbatov

Anelka

NGONGE   

^^^Only Berbatov, Lennon and Butt have been consistent enough this season. The rest were blowing hot and cold throughout. Barry's been great too. And don't forget Everton's top man. They're not top four after all, only a small club :D

^^^calm your nerve northerner, i simply meant when he retires, i mean come on the man is 36 years old and I dnt want the same thing to happen to him as Seaman.

Why is it that every1 likes berbatov, I'd prefer mido over him.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^Only Berbatov, Lennon and Butt have been consistent enough this season. The rest were blowing hot and cold throughout. Barry's been great too. And don't forget Everton's top man. They're not top four after all, only a small club
:D

lool, Rafa is in a bit of hot water i hear :D . I would replace Stubs with Sol.

187 36 is OK for a keeper ninyo. The best young keeper is Scott Carson (Liverpool).

NGONGE   

^^^ I was talking about Andy Johnson by the way. Stubbs is rubbish really. :D

ps

Rafa is great. The way he spat out that 'small club' comment was classic :D

N.O.R.F   

Lool, i've been reading the reactions from Carsley and Moyes :D

^^So do we have a junior Ngonge to turn out for the junior reds anytime soon?

ps where is your outside top 4 team?

NGONGE   

Heh. As far as I can see the nearest to football that boy is going to be will be a bloody hooligan. I’m not sure how ( :D ) but he’s already a Liverpool fan.

I’ve already done a team there. Well, at least a spine of a team. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^What about Almunia? :D and Jerzy Dudek won us the CL. Lehman lost you the CL icon_razz.gif

NG, Good to know hes a red! But can he play is the big question. I'm not sure about his fathers playing skills (ever scored a goal? :D ) but if he needs some coaching send him here. He will return with a fiesty attitude on the pitch ala SG and with the skills of Johnny Barnes!

NGONGE   

Of course I scored a goal. I scored plenty of goals. It’s not my fault that the football clubs were not paying attention when I was in my prime (between the ages of ten and fourteen). It was truly their loss not mine. :D

Don't worry about the boy, he's got football running in his vains. ;)