Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

SoMa_InC   

^^^^lol.

Henry is still crap though, the magnificent thing about the goal he scored was the quality of the cross. Any average striker would have finished it. ;)

187, I agree sxb, I think the young Arsenal team is underrated. Fabrigas is exceptional!

BOB   

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

^^^^lol.

Henry is still crap though,

Salam Aleikum W.W

:D:D:D:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

^^^ Soma, ur a funny guy, I'm sure ur just sayin to back up ur words, but I agree the one-two and the cross made the goal.

SB, if ur being real, welcome to the right side of football.

BOB, our team is loved by all now, mission accomplished.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My brother Villa...its nice to hear that but tell them that there's no place for them in the Goonerdom as we have more than enough LOYAL fans around the globe.

by the way Villa who's your fav Gooner? let me tell you about me & my gooner buddies..amongst my friends ONLY two support other teams in Chelsea & Man Utd but the rest are Gooners and they are four and their fav players are...Van Persie, Kolo Toure, Henry & Fabregas and they wear their numbers with their names proudly on their backs come every game day! do you want to know who's my fav gunner? after you Sir.

it used to be "The Lion" our Captain (i still refer to him as our captain) Patrick Vieira and i still have his old number 4 with his name on the back and did i ever tell you that i met him together with Henry & Wiltord when they came here to play a friendly?

one more thing..did you know Arsenal have more fans than any other team in SOL and our female fans in SOL are more than the entire Chelsea fans put together? :D:D i bet SoMa_InC never knew that.

Let me give you the names of few ladies who are Arsenal fans..they may not be around mind you but they are still Arsenal Fans and here are their names.

Confirmed:

1-Dawaco (Fav player..Dennis Bergkamp)

2-Raula (Fav player..Thierry Henry)

3-Juxa (Fav Player..Patrick Vieira)

4-Pacifist (Fav Player..Kolo Toure)

5-Ilham (Fav Player..Gilberto)

Unconfirmed but rumoured to be Gooners:

-Serenity-

Valenteenah

Wiilo

Rudy

Baashi

The Admin

now how many teams can boast the loyal support of all these great SOLers? smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

^^^I didnt know we had so many loyal followers here in SOL, because we always seem to be the minority in all the discussions here, its refreshing to see this.

My favourite player has to be Dennis, he is the reason why I even began following Arsenal. In Holland as a kid I was Dennis mad, when I heard he moved to Arsenal it seemed strange to me, but after solely following Arsenal because of him I began to love the way football is played at Arsenal and became a gooner 4 life. My current fav player's are Kolo and RVP, whilst our captain was here he was definitly my favourite, I even have a the 2005 blue shirt with his number at the back but without the name, I prefer to put my own name on shirts. I have the current shirt and soon the number 5 and my name will be printed on it.

As for people around me, I made my whole family, from my mother to my youngest brother, all loyal arsenal fans, and all my friends who follow football like I do are Arsenal players, but I do know some liverpool fans and utd fans but I have yet to meet a loyal chelsea follower who followed chelsea b4 the takeover.

SoMa_InC   

Waaleykum Salaam Wr Wb, Bob

187, Why does everyone think Chelsea FC to have been non-existence before the takeover? Chelsea has been there before Abromovitch and will be there when he leaves. Remember during the time of Ken Bates, the stadium used to be sold out. What does this tell you; Chelsea Football Club had passionate fans before Abromovitch invested in the club.

I became a Chelsea fan during the times of Ruud Gullit, who I think was one of the best Chelsea Managers.

Be back later on, Insha-Allah.

Foxy   

Gunners being down 2 nil in the curling cup against the spurs isnt good news. still a few good minutes left in the game to turn things around

Foxy   

Go on gunners, 2 all in less than a few minutes........all we have to do is win the home game on the 31st on wednesday against the spurs and we are on our way to the cup.

cheers

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

SoMa_InC..How are you my brother...a friend of mine also began supporting Chelsea in the days of Ruud Gullit and he says Ranieri was instrumental in laying down the foundation for Chelsea as he brought Lampard & Makelele and don't forget gave Terry the opportunity to play week in week out and named him as vice captain.

coincedently his name also happens to be (Guess What?) and he used to hate Arsenal with passion and i used to give him hell every time Blues lost to Gunners (which was ALWAYS :D ) but lately he sees Utd as the enemy and not Gunners and he went ballistic when Henry scored the winner against Utd last week!

He hardly agrees with Mourinho's tactics and believes Ferrera, Geremi, Bridge and Hilario aren't good enough to play for Chelsea and most importantly he says Ballack & Sheva's signings contributed to Chelsea's down fall as they disturbed the team balance...Do You Agree?

Foxy & Cara...glad to know you two are Gooners..as you already know we kicked the behind of our pathetic neighbours called Spurs and Wenger said he will field the same youngsters that got us to the final and i say WELL DONE...because these kids deserve a shot at the limelight and i sense a mighty upset on the cards....SoMa_InC Be Warned Bro.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Salam Aleikum W.W

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Brother Villa..this is for you as you will now know that Arsenal are OFFICIALLY the team with the most celebrity fans in the entire UK. Enjoy it Comrade :D .

http://www.arseweb.com/other/celebs.html

PS. The funniest thing is..i hardly recognize any of the names mentioned let alone their backgrounds and which team they support...maybe you will as most of them seem to be Brits. smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity

Trish Johnson

Lady Pro Golfer. Has a habit of getting in trouble with the LPGA for wearing Arsenal leisure-wear ("inappropriate clothing") while playing!

^^tru gooner.

Fidel Castro

We've had Castro on the list since it started, but how he came to be on the list had got lost and I was starting to wonder if I'd made it up all those years ago. Then Ed Hall emailed to say that Castro's Goonerdon was revealed during the 94/95 Cup-winners Cup campaign: "At the time of the away leg against Auxerre, Fidel was touring that part of France, and declared that if it wasn't for the inherent security risks involved, he would have given anything to watch in the flesh the team that he had followed passionately since the double season of 1970/1!! "

is this tru?

Chelsea's Ashley Cole has suffered knee ligament damage - but skipper John Terry is expected to return from injury on Saturday.

Cole damaged his posterior cruciate ligament when landing awkwardly during the win over Blackburn on Wednesday.

But the club say he does not need surgery and the 26-year-old is expected to play again this season.

Terry, since 13 December, had surgery on a back injury and his rehabilitation was complicated by a calf injury.

Interview: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho

But he is expected to play against Charlton, with manager Jose Mourinho saying: "Terry is an important player for us. We've missed him and it's important he's back, especially in a period when we keep losing players."

Cole had a scan on his injury on Thursday and it had been feared that he would be out for the rest of the campaign.

It is the latest in a line of injuries to key defenders at Chelsea, with Terry only just set to return after more than a month out and fellow centre-back Khalid Boulahrouz also injured.

Mourinho said: "We are doing so many things to have a team to compete in all competitions and we must compete without Ashley.

"Khalid Boulahrouz will train with the group for the first time on Thursday and maybe in one more week he can play."

I never wish bad luck on a player but I have been praying for this since he moved. Payback is a b!itch.

I have little bit of a challenge for you guys, since everyone in here supports one of the big four, who can name their eleven outside the top 4.

-------------------Given---------------------

Neill-------Campbell------King--------Gardner

Lennon-----Malbranque--Barton-------Pedersen

-----------Anelka-------Kanu-----------------