Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

Viking   

North,

If the team I support conceded 9 goals in two games, were out of all domestic competitions and were relying on beating Barca in the CL... forget the NBA, I'd start watch curling looool.

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

UEFA CUP and CL cups. A feat he accomplished in two years in a row while operating at shoe-string budget.
smile.gif

SB,

A very weak Man United in the quarters, Deportivo La Coruna in the semis and Monaco in the final. What a tough way for Mourinho to win the CL! Let's see how the others went...

- In 2002/03 Milan beat Ajax, Inter and Juve

- In 2004/05 L'pool beat Juve, Chelsea and Milan

- In 2005/06 Barca beat Benfica, Milan and Arsenal

N.O.R.F   

lool@Viking

We are about to be the richest club in the world mate. Give us a year or two and we will see. But i like Arsenal's way of playing football no doubt!

SB, why is Jose crying about no funds? Can he not make do with what he has at his disposal?

SoMa_InC   

Viking stop hating on Jose. :D Monaco were class that season as they eleminated Chelsea who were one of the favourites. Man Utd were also strong but Benni McCarthy was on form and made them pay. I think Porto deserved to win and Jose deserved it as much.

UEFA CUP and CL cups. A feat he accomplished in two years in a row while operating at shoe-string budget.

Viking, if Champions League was easy, how come Porto won the UEFA cup the season before? Was it coincidence? Jose sometimes hits the nail on the head of which many people dont like it but please give him the credit he deserves.

Look at how Real Madrid are, the world's best players play for them but have they won any major trophies the last 3 seasons? No! They recruited lots of Managers but still can not win? Sometimes money cant buy success but with Chelsea, Jose has been a class act!

Northerner, Sxb, our defenders and goalkeepers have been sidelined due to injuries and Jose can not get a replacement as Peter Keynon has auctioned the sale of Robert Huth and Gallas and the only replacement that we had was Khalid Boularouz who is out of touch at the moment. Furthermore Jose was right to critize the Academy as they were not producing young defenders who can be counted on. The only option he has is to bring in new players and I totally agree with him.

How come Liverpool have so many midfielders and why does Rafa still want to buy Mascherano? It is because he thinks he has lost Mohamed Sisoko to injury and want a replacement for him and I tottaly understand that.

Whats your take on the big games this weekend?

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Arsenal Vs Man Utd

N.O.R.F   

^^Good point Soma. I dont know about Mascerano, i think he is not even a class player (never really watched him).

Big games this weekend and the title race could be wide open again!

Man Utd should be scared, because we can now safely say Henry is back, and we did beat them at OT without our captain, so everyone, expect a @ss-woopin' to be given to Utd.

Viking   

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

Viking stop hating on Jose.
:D
Monaco were class that season as they eleminated Chelsea who were one of the favourites. Man Utd were also strong but Benni McCarthy was on form and made them pay. I think Porto deserved to win and Jose deserved it as much.

Soma,

Man U were not at all strong, wasn't that the year Arsenal went unbeaten all season and won the Premiership by a margin (keep in mind that Chelsea came second that year and Man U a distant third)? Monaco did beat a strong Chelsea but it was more because of Tinkerman. This game lost him his job remember? He played a disastrous looking Veron and tinkered with the game a lot. This made the game easy for Giuly, Morientes and co.

UEFA CUP and CL cups. A feat he accomplished in two years in a row while operating at shoe-string budget. Viking, if Champions League was easy, how come Porto won the UEFA cup the season before? Was it coincidence? Jose sometimes hits the nail on the head of which many people dont like it but please give him the credit he deserves.

UEFA cup is not something to brag about for a top team! At best, it is a consolation for missing the top prize. That is the reason the teams that drop off the CL are let to play in the UEFA. Porto played Celtic in that final (I watched it and Mourinho's players were very not being sportsmen, diving all the time, wasting time etc.) and both teams got in the UEFA after they had been knocked out of the CL.

Valencia won the UEFA cup the year after, but does that make them great? Not really.

Mourinho is definitely a good coach because he gets the best out of his players. But the way he won the Cl is NOT comparable to the other teams. His path was much easier. It was a CL trophy nevertheless.

Look at how Real Madrid are, the world's best players play for them but have they won any major trophies the last 3 seasons? No! They recruited lots of Managers but still can not win? Sometimes money cant buy success but with Chelsea, Jose has been a class act!

Real Madrid is another case altogether. They don't have the best players, they just brought together a bunch of divas and have now topped it with two aging players (Emerson and Canvarro) whom they hope will help them win trophies. The problem with Real Madrid is that they let the hard-workers leave the club (Makelele, the coach Del Bosque etc.) and collected a bunch of divas. The topping on their diva cake was Becks and they never won a trophy since he arrived at the Benarbeu. The arrival of Capello will probably help them win at least one trophy after a disastrous 4 seasons with no trophy.

Chelsea are a bit of the opposite if you disregard the last two players they bought this campaign (Sheva and Ballack). All the others are hard-workers with little flair. That is why you can be bored to death watching Chelsea play, even though they win most of the times. You can have more fun watching Man U or Arsenal draw 0-0 because there is a lot more flair in their game, especially Arsenal :D .

Northerner, Sxb, our defenders and goalkeepers have been sidelined due to injuries and Jose can not get a replacement as Peter Keynon has auctioned the sale of Robert Huth and Gallas and the only replacement that we had was Khalid Boularouz who is out of touch at the moment. Furthermore Jose was right to criticize the Academy as they were not producing young defenders who can be counted on. The only option he has is to bring in new players and I totally agree with him.

This is the worst excuse I've heard and only Chelsea can come up with this. Arsenal are withour three of their defenders from last season (Lauren, Cole and Cambell) and Gallas who was brought in has been injured for a long time. Gunners are playing with teenagers alongside Toure and you won't hear Wenger or the Arsenal fans lamenting on injuries. Man U played almost a whole season without Ferdinand (banned) for 8 months) and Heinze (knee ligament) but did they blame it on the defence?

Mourinho sold Gallas, Huth and Del Horno (two good defenders) and he replaced them with Boulharouz and Cole. Huth never played for Chelsea and that's why he moved, so two out and two in as far as the first team is concerned, innit?

How come Liverpool have so many midfielders and why does Rafa still want to buy Mascherano? It is because he thinks he has lost Mohamed Sisoko to injury and want a replacement for him and I tottaly understand that.

Whats your take on the big games this weekend?

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Arsenal Vs Man Utd

Macherano is a talented holding midfielder, a bit like Gilberto. I think he wants him to sit in front of the defence and Alonso and Gerrard will have a lot freedom to run defenses rugged. Chelsea always have difficulties when Makelele is not in the team because Lampard has to fall back a lot. England had the same problem, with Hargreaves they can relax and attack a lot more.

Chelsea were beaten 2-0 today and Man U knowing this, they will try their best to avoid defeat. Tomorrow's game? Brain says draw (0-0 or 1-1), heart says 3-0 to the Arsenal! :cool:

The game really depends on how Man U approach the game. Everybody knows how arsenal will appraoch the game, they'll go for it because their at home and want to reduce the gap. Man U have a healthy lead a point would do them well seen as chelsea lost, if chelsea had won yesterday this game would have been one of the most highly anticipated games of the season.

I predict a draw with not too many goals. The trend in these games is that the result will not be what people expect it to be. At Old Trafford people were saying that Arsenal would lose because Utd were taking the league by storm and The Gunners were lacking behind, it ended in a win for Arsenal.

N.O.R.F   

I'm rooting for the guuuners. A win will make things very interesting indeed with Man Utd and Arsenal to come to Anfield. Man Utd to go to Chelsea and Chelsea still to go to the Emirates. A few results and it can all change.

SoMa_InC   

^^ Very interesting in deed! Just what you anticipated. The league is tight now and any team between the first four can win it.

Well done to Arsenal. Yesterday's disappointment is history now, Arsenal did play very well. Fabrigas is proving me wrong, the guy is talented.

I wonder how Henry became the man of the match? Eboue was class, his cross was magnificent! Even calamity Sendoros played well. The whole team deserves a praise.

Arsenal dominated the whole match, Man Utd were lucky to be ahead and were not threatening at all.

As for Chelsea, I just hope that the likes of Terry, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Robben, Boularouz and Cuducini will be back otherwise the chance of winning the title will be slim unless new players come in.

The premiership is the best league in the world!

N.O.R.F   

^^What are you doing in here lady? But you are welcome Arsenal fan!

Didnt see the game xalayto but will catch the highlights later IA. A good weekend for Lpool and Arsenal. Big game at Anfield to come!

Well done to Arsenal. Yesterday's disappointment is history now, Arsenal did play very well. Fabrigas is proving me wrong, the guy is talented.

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. It's good your finally seeing what a talented player he is at 19. The little dude didnt have gilberto behind but still managed to overpower the leaders' five-man midfield, personally, I think he should have got man of the match

N.O.R.F   

Arsenal are now more confident and know they can perform against the big boys. It used to be a big win against teams like Charlton and then crushing defeat to a big team. No more!

Where is Benayaal ? I used to enoy winding him up (as i do all Arsenal fans). I know he views these here pages. Where you at son?

Where is Winger? Come out of hiding ninyo!

Believe it or not I'll be sporting Arsenal wear all this week and championing the arsenal cause. I'm Arsenal fan through-and-through. To Theiry Henry: sorry for knocking you down earlier. You are the best par none!

I dare anyone slight Arsenal and I swear I'll strike you down like mighty Zeus on Mt. Olympus!