Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

^Not good enough. Give Chelsea it's fair due. They're the best team in the world at the moment. C'mon, say it!

Didn't see the game, no show in Canada which I consider a crime of first order. Heard Drogba scored , again!!!, another goal of the season contender.

Oz   

Drogbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! i like it ..

yo football fans been a while...its good to be back!

SoMa_InC   

^^^Welcome back.

Drogba is proving to be worth the millions Jose has paid for him.

Socod, what a goal he scored! I am sure it is going to be a contender for goal of the season. Actually, Lampard and Ballack's strikes were also magnificent even though they counted Ballack's goal as an own goal.

I think Jose should quit the diamond midfield as we are superb when we play 4-3-3.

Omer   

Manchester United still will win the title but it would be a close one Arsenal and Liverpool are not consistent enough for me

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

Socod, what a goal he scored!

Here is the goal: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tb5_-Tggtw8&mode=related&search=

I think Jose should quit the diamond midfield as we are superb when we play 4-3-3.

I'm with Jose on this. All we need is a true blue #10 to play behind the front two... a playmaker to unlock defenses. The fact is with the diamond formation we retain possession much better. We are even able to get into very dangerous positions around the 18 yard box before the requisite final killer pass or play undoes us. I know Ballack plays there now but he aint a playmaker. In my eyes, he's more technically skilled Lampard... but all this is academic; the current stock of players produce our best team with 4-3-3. Lastly, I really like to see more of Robben. Remember that time two seasons ago when anytime he touched the ball he seemed either to carve out a chance for himself or others almost at will. Here is some compilation of that Robben:

Viking   

Gunners eliminated L'pool in two cup competitions and put NINE past them in the two games at Anfield...

Where is North? :D

^^^ Norf, I'd like to apologise for the embarrasment of losing in the great Anfield stadium and letting in 9 goals in 3 days, what's happening? Isn't Rafa supposed to be notorious for having good defences?

SoMa_InC   

Rafa claims that the Premiership is what matters for Liverpool this season and I think he can still continue dreaming.

Northerner, The takeover by the Dubai Billionaire is imminent according to your Chief Executive and might happen anytime within the next weeks.

187, Do us a favour and trash Man Utd on sunday and we'll try and deal with Liverpool. :D

Good to be back

N.O.R.F   

Big weekend coming up for the big 4! We may well be the richest club in the world by the weekend.

187, i dont watch football anymore saxib. I prefer the NBA!

Well Gents Arsenal have bettered the bigger clubs this season it is the nagging small clubs that give us the problems....may be we underestimate them.

But I tell you, gents, The Young Gunners are coming of age. Next season it will be a whole new game...No wonder Moanin-ho is trying to run before the Arsenal volcano errupts :D

Cheers

Originally posted by Al Burcaawi:

What could he do at a smaller club one wonders.

UEFA CUP and CL cups. A feat he accomplished in two years in a row while operating at shoe-string budget. smile.gif