Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

I'm still smarting from Arsenal's drubbing in the hands of our bogeymen BOLTON but I would like to raise an issue here, why English referees and linesmen are so error prone compared to their fellow Italian or Spanish (Mind you it was a Spanish referee who ruled out Henry's goal against Moscow for handball)?.

Kevin Davis should've been sent off when he pushed Ebue right in front of the referee as the rules of the game clearly states and the third goal scored by Anelka was a clear offside, I know some of you would think I'm only raising this issue because my Gunners got beaten, not at all, in fact every Premier league I watch there's always a controversy involving the referee or the linesmen.

before the big match I was watching Newcastle against Portsmouth and guess what? The linesman ruled out a legitimate Newcastle goal for a nonexistent offside when it was blatant clear that Obafemi Martins was onside,(sublime finish it was, i tell you) now what I want to know is, do they actually know the rules of the game to officiate? And the worst part of all is that, I hear they are the only professional referees in Europe which begs the question, do they deserve to be paid all the money that they are being paid when they can't do their job properly and how good is the knowledge of the guy who actually picks these ridiculous referees and finally how long is it going to be before we see an Italian or Spanish official refereeing in the premier league?

Surely England can do without the constant embarrassment that they endure come every big tournament caused by the likes of Poll, remember the 2006 world cup or the one before that, the game between Italy and Croatia?

My brother SoMa-InC, I'm afraid you were watching a different match if you believe Man Utd were lucky but I believe 1-1 was a fair result as both teams gave their best and genuinely tried to win the match and every Chelsea fan should be happy with a draw as I'm convinced Man Utd would drop points in these coming December fixtures considering the teams they are facing while Chelsea only have to worry about the true Kings of London in The Gunners.

PS. is there anyone who saw Ronaldinho's goal against Villareal on Saturday? If you didn't, you missed one of the greatest goals you will ever see in your lifetime and I had to stand up and clap for him, Poor Cygan (our old Gunner) had no idea what was happening until it was too late, you lot should see that goal.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

SoMa_InC   

Salaam Bob & Northerner.

Seriously, when Saha scored and the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs and Rooney were having fun in the first half, I thought thats the end. Remember last season at Old Trafford, Man Utd worked hard not to concede after Fletcher's lucky header.

We were not making chances in the first half and our midfield was packed with the likes of Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Makelele; we were not playing wide enough. This has been the story of the first half. But the second half we changed the system, brought it Robben, dominated the game and scored and we were unlucky not to get another.

Dont get me wrong, Man Utd had the first half on lockdown but slept on the second half. Ashley Cole was briliant and Richardo Carvalho was superb.

I agree with you lot that a draw was fair.

Kevin Davis should've been sent off when he pushed Ebue right in front of the referee as the rules of the game clearly states

Bob, brother that was the rules of last season. This season it is a yellow card to push a player on the chest and a red card to push/touch the face. The referee was right on this occasion but as for the general referring in the premier league is predicament. Graham Poll is disgrace and I wonder why they dont want to sack him.

before the big match I was watching Newcastle against Portsmouth and guess what? The linesman ruled out a legitimate Newcastle goal for a nonexistent offside when it was blatant clear that Obafemi Martins was onside,(sublime finish it was, i tell you)

I agree with you, that was a good goal. By the way, did you see how Dyer was flying, glad to see him on form.

PS. is there anyone who saw Ronaldinho's goal against Villareal on Saturday? If you didn't, you missed one of the greatest goals you will ever see in your lifetime and I had to stand up and clap for him, Poor Cygan (our old Gunner) had no idea what was happening until it was too late, you lot should see that goal.

That was a wonder goal.

For those who did not see, here is a link from you tube

N.O.R.F   

Man i spent the whole day looking for that goal thanks Soma!

Bob, your just a bad loser like all Arsenal fans, players and coaching staff. You lost accept it matey.

SoMa_InC   

Today's premiership results:

Blackburn 1-3 Newcastle

Bolton 4-0 West Ham

Liverpool 4-0 Fulham

Man Utd 3-1 Man City

Middlesbrough 1-1 Wigan

Portsmouth 2-0 Everton

Tottenham 5-1 Charlton

Watford 0-0 Reading

I would love to see Alan Padrew sacked! His days are numbered.

Kanu is the premiership's leading scorer with 9 goals, what a reborn player.

Anyways who do you think will win tommorrow's game, Chelsea vs Arsenal? Arsenal are without the overated Henry, Classy Kolo Troure and not forgetting our former world class defender, William Gallas.

I got a feeling Arsenal might suprise us.

Great game, Norf, seems like ur as bad in your predictions as ur manager is in buying strikers. I think if this doesn't prove that the Premiership is the best league in the world nothing else will. All the so-called big games have lived up to their hype, as Andy Gray would say, its agreat advert for english football.

Those of you who were watching it on sky, was I the only one who wanted to knock the remaining teeth out of drunk Paul Merson's mouth, he's just bitter because he was the first to go as soon as Wenger came. Even last year's CL final, he was exactly the same pessimistic self. He's probably used to not thinking much of himself and drinking his sorrows away and tries to apply that to The Arsenal. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that, as all commentators did. If he does supposedly 'represent' Arsenal again on TV, I'll send a complaint myself to who ever picks these has-been id!ots.

N.O.R.F   

lol, my predictions are not worth the paper they are written on!

Good game, not as good as the commentators make us think (it was a scrappy 20mins in 2nd half). But, but, WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!! Essien!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GOAL!!!!

SoMa_InC   

Great game indeed! Essien's goal is a contender for goal of the season. He could have had at least 3 or 4 goals. As I predicted, Arsenal suprised us and they even suprised the likes of Merson who envisaged them to lose.

I am so proud of Chelsea, very very proud. Essien, Ashley Cole, Robben, Makelele, Lampard and the rest of the team were outstanding except that useless and disaster waiting to happen aka Hilario; any good goalkeeper should have saved that goal.

You will never see me complimenting Arsenal, but the young guns were superb and Gilberto was magnificent.

What is your opinion on Drogba and Lehman's Stance.

N.O.R.F   

^^^looooool, Lehamn and Drogba are what? 6ft 5" and they fall at the slightest contact.

A Good ploy by Lehman to get a reaction from Drogba which worked. But i'm sure Drogba got booked in the first half for mouthing at the ref. If that was the case then it would have been a 2nd booking.

I think the ref handled it well

That goal was worthy of drawing any match, I suppose your players can do that when the're worth 25 mill each, props to Chelsea, any other team would'ave lost morale and hope.

Soma, good to see you being positive, gilberto was great. Looks like your wishes and mine have come true, Dancing Pardew is sacked, not doing hios chicken dance now is he?

Curbishley will probably get the job.

SoMa_InC   

^^Sxb Drogba was not booked in the first half and the Ref didnt do a Graham Poll :D .

I would love to see Alan Padrew sacked! His days are numbered.

My prayers have been answered! He was at last sacked! I am sure the Arsenal fans would be glad to see his back.

SoMa_InC   

Chelsea 3-2 Everton

West Ham 1-0 Man Utd

So does Alex Fergie still think Man Utd will win the league? I am sure they will drop more than 2 points this season!

The league is getting better and better. Liverpool are third, their best position so far this season. Arsenal are not left behind as well, just one point behind Liverpool.