Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2006/07 Premiership Thread

SoMa_InC   

Asalaam Aleikum Brothers/Sisters? I hope everyone is doing well.

The season started yesterday, Liverpool and ArsenaL drew their games, Chelsea on the verge of making history once again, Man Utd trashed Fulham....lets get ready to rumble...Here are the results:

Arsenal 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Bolton 2 - 0 Tottenham

Everton 2 - 1 Watford

Newcastle 2 - 1 Wigan

Portsmouth 3 - 0 Blackburn

Reading 3 - 2 Middlesbrough

Sheff Utd 1 - 1 Liverpool

West Ham 3 - 1 Charlton

Chelsea 3 - 0 Man City

Man Utd 5 - 1 Fulham

WingA   

Lovely result today, i think its gonna be a good season if we could get ma boi Owen Hargraves.. and maybe another striker too.. that would be sweet..

nuune   

Faanoole fari kama qodna, ciyaar waa galin danbe.

Soma, thanks sxb for the topic, good stuff.

My Predictions on the big 4.5 ( tottenham is da half)

Chelski: What can you say, excllent signings and i can't see them finishing anywhere but 1st

Red Scousers: Benitez has assempled a good squad .. again will do well cup competition. they don't have the beleive they can win the Premier so i predict 2nd at best.

Red Devils: Fergie is doing it again, bilding a young team again, but unless they get a replacement for Van the Farasta i can't see them making much of an impersion.

Kids' Club Gunners: very young and very very light-weight, these kids will play entertaing footy but they will be bullied out of games .. so fouth at best.

The Half: who will be the suprise team this year i wonder, not Tottenham, maybe Hammers ( hope they do well)

ScarFace   

Originally posted by Hizb_UK:

Red Devils: Fergie is doing it again, bilding a young team again, but unless they get a replacement for Van the Farasta i can't see them making much of an impersion.

Kids' Club Gunners: very young and very very light-weight, these kids will play entertaing footy but they will be bullied out of games .. so fouth at best.

The Half: who will be the suprise team this year i wonder, not Tottenham, maybe Hammers ( hope they do well)

The red devils eyeing Tevez since he has fallin out with his coach and losing the captains arm band.....But as for Gunners finishing 4th highly unlikely...The big guns need to be blazin this year....watch out now

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

WingA   

its looking pretty good for United as they beat charlton with ease and chelsea dropped points which good news to the rest of the title contenders..

BOB   

Salam Alaikum W.W

Greetings to all of you my fellow footie nutters and comrades, my brother from another mother SoMa_InC, my cricket loving mate from down under aka the land of the Kangaroo Masa,(by the way what do you think of Darell Hair?) my Irish pal Nuune. (I promise i'll try to be good to Liverpool). My Man. Utd loving cousin Winger, Hizb_ Uk Welcome to the club of the gentlemen and last but not least our new friend Scarface, Welcome to the club my brother...it's been a long time since i last wrote something here, but that doesn't mean i didn't read what you had to say, you know i'm faithful to my football smile.gif

I just watched my beloved Gunners lose to a team that we've never lost to in a long long time which is of course Man City, I hope I am not being a bias when I say we didn't deserve to lose, however, lately Arsenal became a one man team and whenever Thierry Henry isn't his usual majestic self the whole team seems to suffer and Adebayor & Van Persie they seem to be trying almost too hard to impress and Fabregas, well, I never said he can replace Vieira as in my opinion Vieira is irreplaceable when it comes to dominating the midfield and inspiring the whole team along the way, I know Fab is a young player who, without a doubt some day will be among the top players not only in the premier league but in the world but right now he isn't ready yet for that massive responsibility we place on his young shoulders and not to mention all the expectations we have of him as Gunners fans is too much a burden for him which brings me to where I’m expecting us to finish come the end of the season. I am not looking further than the Champions league spot.

Chelsea, once again spent tons of cash on players and I think they paid too much money for Sheva even if he's a proven goal scorer and Ballack, well, in my opinion, I don't think Chelsea needed a midfielder as they already had few world class midfielders in their disposal but for me the best signing they made without a shadow of a doubt is John Obi Mikel as he's one for the future and right now Chelsea needs to look at the future as age is slowly catching up with the majority of the team, my verdict? it's their title to lose.

Liverpool spent and bought wisely, arguably the best squad they've had in ages and this year they are well prepared and well equipped more than ever and without a shadow of a doubt they pose the most threat to the boys in blue more than my Gunners & Man. Utd..my verdict? I wont be surprised if they upset the odds and win the league for the first time since when?...I don't remember..honestly. and I will be surprised if they finished lower than second at their worst.

Man. Utd? Do I really give a monkey's behind about where they finish..? NO. I know they wont win nothing AGAIN, you don't consider Worthington Cup something now do you? I am sure even Arsenal reserves wouldn't want to win that rubbish cup and Man. Utd hired a bus so that they could parade the lot to their ignorant fans that know NOTHING about football, sorry Winger, no pun intended of course. ;)

PS.My God, I'm getting tired of almost always getting my prediction right...come on guys..pull your Macawista up.

Peace, Love & Unity.

WingA   

^^ its alright dear cousin BOB, arsenal are sitting 4th from bottom and am not even gonna predict where they will end up as i really dont care.. and if you could kindly remind me what they won last season too..

3 out 3 games = 9 points

one more game without rooney and scholes. Heinze is due back soon and also Alan Smith..

Results speak for themselves, the season is long and its looking good for Man United..

Winger, nice start but can u last the race? Arsenal, Arsenal, what can I say? Lets just wait for the next game.

Soma, why dont you have a word with your russian partner in crime and tell him to offer the damn 25 mill we all know he has and gallas so that we can get rid of that ****** little brat called Cashley Colemoney.

Reyes to Real Madrid, Baptista to Arsenal.

Apparently Wenger is in Germany God knows why, probably watching the U-11s tournament.

Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham, are you kidding me? Am I dreaming this?

WingA   

well, its 4 out of 4 so we'll see bro..

as for arsenal, they sitting 4th from bottom and its looking pretty sheepish for them at the moment with henry out..

Can some1 tell why Flamini was not on the left and Glass in centre with Toure .. umm i just don;t their formation.

Why is Glass on left-bak when cited the reson he left Shleski is because he not wanna play on the left or right bak ...

ScarFace   

^^^hizb till Clichy gets fit gallas will stay on the left.....

Come on my beloved arsenal time to pick up and show your trully talent... :D