Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Xinnfanin: A certifed Literary Quack

Abtigiis   

Mr. ‘Peace-Cravan’ is a troubled man trying a nimble walk on eggs. He is limping and bleeding and the rescue team led by his chief image-minder –Ayoub- is at loss. It is not too fair to engage a man in such delicate circumstances, a man so distracted. But just a small pinch is not too much. It keeps him awake, well away from the reverie of buffeting circumstances.

His latest tomfoolery on the harmless abused marriage metaphor I stated above is a sign of confusion. It is a tragedy, indeed. And when the man we all knew to be a firm dweller within the perimeters of Somali cultural ethos morphs into the persona of the imbecile Mr. Somalia, with an IQ level of between 25 and 50 and the age of between three to five year old, it is not a sight true friends of Xinn will find pretty. It is troubling when the man we knew to stand his ground on defending traditional norms takes a route that denigrates all that his culture stands for. That a man who, even when banished out of his comfort area, used to make a surprising comeback, now looked for salvation from invoking abnormal sexual allusions augurs a bleak future for his sanity. The Xinn we knew used to attract attention even when saying really nothing. Who cannot visualize how he falsely clears the throat, shifts in his seat, cranes his neck, continuously adjusting his fading jacket affectively, all to trim into a figure of princely deportment from Mudug, even when he runs out of ideas?! :D :D :D

But much more worrying and immediate than Xinn’s foul carrion is the important matter of Blessed’s pre-emptive rage and the underlying triggers of it. The rage comes from a false belief that if you let A&T go on chat with you, you will end up licking your wounds because he can’t miss an opportunity to abuse women. It is a reputation given to me without any need to substantiate it. It is a painful alien skin I wear and I can't tear. The truth is no man in SOL is as tolerant and big-hearted as I am when it comes receiving the wrath of women who get upset with me –some for real reasons, others for manufactured ones. Yet, instead of winning the record for the ‘most abused SOLer of all time’ I live with the infamy of being the ‘most abusive SOLer’. But the time shall come when a proper accounting of who abused who will take place.

That is a digression. What I wanted to say is that I understand Blessed’s pre-emptive strike and I duly take the blame for inviting it in the first place. I have since talked to her people as she suggested and the matter is settled. Needless to say where a suppurating wound bursts open, puss splatters, often landing on unsuspecting lips and even tongues. So those that got hurt in the process were the collateral in this must-do job of exposing those who want to gag free discussion. I am sure she will understand this. :D :D

AYOUB   

^ You know what; I'm going to enrol Sh. Xiin to the madhouse section's Hall of Fame with much kinder comments than I was planning to. Give me a few days to dig up the thread and learn how to use the new features. Thanks to you Moh_C.:D:D

Blessed   

My 'rage' stems from no false beleive, ya Abtigiis. Edeb darroda aad meesha la timi iyo abaal xumadaada ayaan la yaabay. Waxa ka sii daran laakin qof leh i caafi hadana sii dhuryamaya?! Blessed kaama baqaysee, sidi nin oday ah ula dhaqan bay istidhi. Adna waxaad keentay inaad igu daba dhuumatid ood raga islaameed iskaayo hor keentid. Rage yaa isla gaadhay ba? Bal orod oo isla hadal..

*goes in search of her wagar*

Abtigiis   

Haye Blessed walaal. Mar kale raali ahoow hadaan wax bi'yey. Waan calaacalay uune ma caytamin. Hadaadan adigu iga baqayn anigaa kaa baqaya. And I have no intention of upseting you. Fadlan iska kay cafi for everything, waan edeb daranahay. It doesn't matter if I really don't know waxaad qonsatay in the post above, I offer sincere apologies sister.

Ayoub - It is not secret you are one of Xinnfanin's many image-minders in SOL. That is how the man survived despite being found wanting on many occassions and fronts.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;682615 wrote:
It is troubling when the man we knew to stand his ground on defending traditional norms takes a route that denigrates all that his culture stands for. That a man who, even when banished out of his comfort area, used to make a surprising comeback, now looked for salvation from invoking abnormal sexual allusions augurs a bleak future for his sanity.
The Xinn we knew used to attract attention even when saying really nothing. Who cannot visualize how he falsely clears the throat, shifts in his seat, cranes his neck, continuously adjusting his fading jacket affectively, all to trim into a figure of princely deportment from
Mudug
, even when he runs out of ideas?!
:D

Nin waalan baad tahay wallahi. I love the way you spoke about Xiin being a traditional man who does not veer away from the popular habits (which is a praise of sorts, though he may not have seen it that way) then go on paint an image of the traditional man's traditional way of dressing. I'm already picturing the fading jacket. :D :D

Hunguri   

Assalamu Alaykum,

Dadku Af Hangariisi ayay waxku wada qoraan. Aniguse, Soomaaligaygaa ayaan wax ku xoogsadaa. Waase fahmaa Hangariisida markii wax lasoo mal-malluuqo. Almuhiim, intaasi waa (Affeef). Waxaan, horta marka u horraysa dadka ku salaamayaa Qosol iyo Dhoollo caddayn :) :) . Waayo hadii kale dadka qaarkii waxay i moodayaan Oday Maakhiri ah, oo xabbad yaroo Kalluun ahi ku qalloocatay. Intaasina, waa (arar ama Hor-udhac).

Haddaan usoo laabto, arrinka meesha ka socda. Waxaa iiga muuqata Odaygii Xiin-Faniin ahaa oo Abtigiis iyo NG Jihaad ku qaadeen :). Ninkii Ayoub oo aan is idhi, xoogaa dhex-dhexaad ayuu noqonayaana, Odaygii wuxuu kusii sheegay ( P I S ) :). Hadaba, anigu inta aan Xiin-Faniin ku aqqaano ayaan sheegayaa. Waana iga daacade, igama aha wax kale :).

Xiin-Faniin waa Oday Soomaaliyeed, waa nin hadalkiisu miisaan leeyahay, buuxo, oo markuu wax qorayo hadalkiisa huffa, shaandheeya oo Gafka iyo Deel-Qaafka ka dhawra. Waa nin kaftama, oo dood yaqaan ah, Golaha iyo meeshan aynu xubnaha ka nahayna ka dhex muuqda. Uma malaynayo, inuu yahay Nin hadalka iyo Qoraalka ka arradan, ama Af-Garooca. Anigu, intaas ayaan ku aqqaanaa :).

Waxaanse, rabaa inaan Abtigiis iyo NG suaal waydiiyo. Suaashu waxa weeye, waar horta nimanyohow sidii Xabashidii maxaad dadka isugu tagtaan :) ? Maxaadse, isugu jiibisaan ? ( Kaftanku waa furanyahay ) .............

It is an unspoken maxim of writers that if one cannot enchant, one had better enrage. Needless to say, if you neither enchant nor enrage you will be ignored. Whatever the literary merits of Abtigiis’ stories, they are not ignored, even if his stories are often deplored. This recent rivalry and brotherly banter between the avuncular xiinfaniin and Abtigiis has been, I confess, a source of sinister delight. It sort of recalled to my mind a reenactment of the acclaimed literary duels of past eras, only without the fireworks. Ridiculing Hemingway’s bland and simple style of writing, Faulkner contemptuously quipped ‘he was never known to use a word that would send a reader to the dictionary.’ To which Hemingway incredulously retorted, ‘does he think big emotions come from big words’? But that rejoinder accomplished precious little in silencing Hemingway’s critics. A decade after his death, Nabokov, the Russian literary giant, was asked about the former’s fiction. The Russian novelist’s disdain was truculently terse: ‘I read him for the first time in the early forties’, he reckoned, ‘something about bells, balls and bulls, and loathed it’. Indeed, such barbed criticisms would prove to be mild, as literature is littered with more pungent put-downs. Virginia Woolf described the writing of James Joyce, the famed Irish writer, as the work of a ‘queasy undergraduate scratching his pimples’, conjuring up the mental image of a foul and discomfited little beast. And who doesn't remember the more recent squabbles between Gore Vidal and Norman Mailer? Or perhaps Harold Bloom on Harry Potter. The Yale professor of literature savages these popular books. And rightly so.

Such clashes are often an exhibit of intellectual vanity, personal pique, and artistic egoism. No matter. The reptilian side of our brain lights up like a Christmas tree when another person is so brutally skewered. Any defense of aesthetics should be applauded. How could you read Mark Twain's sardonic piece Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offenses and not guffaw at his merciless review of the book? Literary brawls are an odd mixture of erudition and insolence.

This brings me to xiinfaniin's criticism. The old man was rather restrained. I read him as critiquing the literary merits of the story, not its morality. The charge of sanctimony is exaggerated, if not contrived. A little eroticism is fine, though it must be used sparingly - perhaps as a form of comic relief. But the grotesqueness of this particular story is not found in its obsession with erotica. Its ghastly nature stems from the stumblebum style of writing. It is hard to discern if it is a serious attempt at a short-story, or if it is a spoof of the addled writing of Dan Brown and Stephen King. I have said before that Abtigiis has the genes of a good, perhaps a great, writer. Alas, it seems that all-too-often he equates plot with promiscuity, humor with harlotry, and imagery with innuendo. Awoowe, maybe I’m getting too old for this, but such stories are the writing equivalent of pubescent masturbation. If you must do such things, do them in private. This was the spirit of xiinfaniin's graceful taunt.

Abtigiis   

What made a man whose religion is ‘logic’, whose God is ‘reason’, whose prophet is ‘rationality’ to forsake the faith of his first-cousins –the Greeks - with the fallacious ‘if you can’t enchant, you must enrage’ false dilemma, boggles the mind! Only the story of ‘Dues ex machina’ can explain the uncharacteristic knee-jerk reaction of Prometheus to the distress call of a creature of his creation -Xinn. The Greeks found themselves in a bit of invidiousness once upon a time. Their playwrights knew how to create complications that would drive given pieces of drama. Often, they would get carried away in the process. They would create such entanglements or complications as would require the hero to be sacrificed one way or the other. And of course once that happened, then the play would end a total dramaturgical failure. Heroes must live right up to the end of the play, and with them the good they embody which is triumph over evil.

Realizing they had created too many great a complication, a conflict only resolved through the death of their hero, the Greeks invented the notion of dues ex machina, ‘a god from a machine’. Through the device, a miraculous being would descend from the roof of a theatre to whisk away a hero from mortal danger. That way the plot would be resolved, with the hero and the message saved from sure death. God-like, this being would spring from a wonder machine to rescue the hero but also the playwright who will have written himself into a corner. The issue of causality was suspended. Prometheus whose grand-grand uncle is Zeus, whose thought hero is Socrates not Yamyam, Plato not Abdullahi Timacadde, is one of the playwrights who invented an immortal but a false hero in Xinn, the other being Libax-sanka-taabte! I hope the reader will figure out the rest!

“Ala!al!ala!ahhhhh, Charles Bronson, ala Charles-soow! Don’t die please!” would always groan one of my many girlfriends, each time I take her to a movie. Half-tinged with envy, half-moved by embarrassment at the behavior of this lovely thing by my side, a thing too beautifully naïve to sift fact from fiction, I would bury my sharp elbow into her rib cage, urging her to behave where there are others! “naa dee naga aamus, Yustur! Waa ku side!” She would always remonstrate with me. In between the commercial breaks, she would swear that Bronson would be killed by the ‘evil ones’. “No darling! Charles of yours can’t die, won’t die, if this film is to last three hours”, I often cut in, chewing my popcorn with evident fury, to dissipate my anger. Xinnfanin can’t die if this social forum of SOL is to exist, and the ‘dues ex machinas’ must give the duel few more hours and days to contiue until the anti-climax comes naturally.

But the real mystery is what made God and devil join hands and dance in dalliance for a common moral cause! How would Xinn live with the painful knowledge that he got a helping hand from a man who rebelled on God, when he is a representative of God’s religion on earth, and certainly in SOL after Sh.Nur? He is in an untenable dilemma: can he thank the devil without displeasing his God? :D :D

AYOUB   

Hunguri;682911 wrote:

Haddaan usoo laabto, arrinka meesha ka socda. Waxaa iiga muuqata Odaygii Xiin-Faniin ahaa oo Abtigiis iyo NG Jihaad ku qaadeen
:)
. Ninkii Ayoub oo aan is idhi, xoogaa dhex-dhexaad ayuu noqonayaana, Odaygii wuxuu kusii sheegay ( P I S )
. Hadaba, anigu inta aan Xiin-Faniin ku aqqaano ayaan sheegayaa. Waana iga daacade, igama aha wax kale

:D:D:D

Waar niyow gari Ilaah bay taqaana. Af joogana looma adeego. Xiin ha ceddeeyo meeshu qaddiyaddisaa iyo xidhiidhkiisa udhaxeeya isaga, Faroole Jrs, Ugaandha, PIS iyo Saracen International. :D:D Xiin waa wax-garad oo weliba wixii dantiis iyo jeebkiisa ugu jiraa sifiican u yaqaana! :D Haddi sheedan A&T uu maanta ku maageeyo dani ugu jiri lahayd wuxuu odhan lahaa "Aw-Tusbaaxleh at his best, well said!!!"

If I'm wrong sorry in advance, I know good Xiin will forgive me ;)

Prometheus;682949 wrote:
Alas, it seems that all-too-often he equates plot with promiscuity, humor with harlotry, and imagery with innuendo. Awoowe, maybe I’m getting too old for this, but such stories are the writing equivalent of pubescent masturbation. If you must do such things, do them in private. This was the spirit of xiinfaniin's graceful taunt.

Waxay Xiin iyo Pro isku raacan ciyaari maaha!!!!

AYOUB   

NGONGE;682842 wrote:
Nin waalan baad tahay wallahi. I love the way you spoke about Xiin being a traditional man who does not veer away from the popular habits (which is a praise of sorts, though he may not have seen it that way) then go on paint an image of the traditional man's traditional way of dressing. I'm already picturing the fading jacket.

Remember when A&T claimed he saw Ibti on UTV? The same week there was this Mullah geezer from the US on UTV who sounded very familiar but I could not recollect where from. Then he called Shabaab "Kelligii Muslims". I jumped off my chair and shouted "Ahaa, I know you!!". A&T must have watched that programme as well because that's whom he's describing up there. :D:D:D

...Always in tow, or running beside, will be an un-robed ruffian -
Mr. Somalia
types, clearly grateful and fixed to the helm of this dark "Puntalnd oracle" — literally by step, symbolically by talk and false smile.

... it seems there is no dispute that Xinn's appendix -
Mr. Somalia
, is an irredeemable out and out knave who delusionaly believes he is the originator of Shakespere's words !

And when the man we all knew to be a firm dweller within the perimeters of Somali cultural ethos morphs into the persona of the imbecile
Mr. Somalia
, with an IQ level of between 25 and 50 and the age of between three to five year old, it is not a sight true friends of Xinn will find pretty.

I am sorry, A&T

I realize you want to drum up some readership for this here lackluster thread of yours, by liberally dropping my name in it--but seriously dude, why bother when everyone in here knows that I am a SOL superstah... or has wallowing in your own faeces in the pursuit for Xiinfaniin emboldened you?

Tell me, must I always have a fresh batch of caanoboore ready in hand for every-time you try to drag me into the deep trenches of your most abject drivel? Which is it gonna be, compadre?happy0006.gif

Abtigiis   

loooooooooooooooool@Ayoub's man on Universal TV! We saw the same thing Ayoub. :D :D Ayoub is a clever thief who knows when to betray his friends-in-theft and jump the boat! :D

In my rush to address the faithless man who is one of the sponsors of Xinnfanin, I forgot to address the charcoal-burner from Makhiir with penchant for rustic recommendations to urban entanglements. :D :D Hunguri should stay out of this debate because it is neither about marine resources nor about forestry and deforestation, something he is better qualified to talk about than me. Nor are we dealing with issues that concern widowed women and aspiring suxul-baruur Carmal whose salvation legend says lies in the coastal waters of Makhiir. :D

The pirate kid is a simple amplifier of a bigger pirate, and I see he is still chriping with the monotonous 'powder-milk' jingo but he is unlikely to get me distracted from the big prize, which is the man behind the microphone. Xinnfanin is in his last convulsion before an inevitable interment and his death will silence nuisances like Mr. Somalia!

Which leaves us with the problem called Promethues and his insolvent 'logic is God' project.

^

A&T:

Your meandering fulminations are reminiscent of an inept public speaker I've had the misfortune to endure recently: He would ramble endlessly describing what he was going to say, and then, as if what he had to say was actually relevant, he devoted minimal time actually explaining what he'd promised he was gonna explain, which was as pointless in its explanation as it was in its initial agonizing description.

In short, what have you said?

To prattle about your alleged talents here, A&T, is ALWAYS far less impressive than if others were to discover them on their own without you incessantly crowing and prancing about them.

In your case, you've preened about how you were going to verbally master Xiinfaniin, and for that matter, anyone else who dared attempt to come his aid--yet, you've rambled pointlessly without laying a single glove on your first victim-- Xiin, and you continue to congratulate yourself on what you truly haven't accomplished.

But in any case, enjoy your thinly disguised veneer of self-doubt... I know we have!happy0006.gif

Abtigiis   

:D :D :D

Because it is hard to imagine an amplifier would speak where there is no speaker behind it, your talk above is a proof that Xinn indeed is alive and has not died of the wounds inflicted upon him. It is a proof that like the last days of Saddam Hussien, he is hiding in narrow underground holes, testing the literary temperature of SOL by engaging in a war of attrition with me, and sending delinquent juveniles from Tikrit to blow themselves up, instead of leading the fight himself.

I can forvige you for misunderstanding what this thread is all about on account of your IQ. This thread is about Xinnfanin's continuous failure to divorce characters in stories from the story-teller; it is not about whether the story-teller is a good story-teller or the story is a good story. Of course dimwits are not supposed to know this, but Xinn should have known.