Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

A day to remember: 26th anniversary of the ugly genocide in burco

Hunguri   

First of All, may Allah rest in peace all of those lost their lives and loved ones. What amazes most, is the fact that a brutall, racist, regime who did every evil thing to the very citizens of South Africa who are the Black majority indeginouse of that countery have forgiven and forget what ever the whites did to them, simply to coexist in peace and harmony. What's wrong with Somali people ? Every one was part of the problem in some way or another. Xasuuqii Dawladu ka gaysaty Waqooyi, Gobollada Dhexe iyo Koonfur waxaa la mid ah dad Civilian ah oo Saf inta la galiyey Taayir la mariyey in the North it self. Waxaa la mid ahaa wixii ka dhacay meel walba oo Somali dagto. Markaa (Halaagii dhacay looma kala hadhin ).

Waa laba mid uun:

(A) In ninkii Ciil qabaa aarsado, oo intuu hadda duulo qof walbaa oo maamulkaa u shaqaynayay uu gacantiisa kaga ciil baxo.

(B) Inuu wixii dhacay iska illaawo, iskana caffiyo Wanaaga iyo Ajjar-ka Aakhirona iska sugo, dadkaana u duceeyo.

Laakiin, dad dhintay ayaan maalin walba laffahooda soo gurayaa ama sawiradooda SOL soo galinayaa, hadhawtana Qof walba oo wax ma garato ah ayaa ku daacsanaya, aniga waxay ila tahay ma waafaqsana sharafta Muslimiinta iyo Gobanimada Somalida. Arrinkaa Jacaylbro waaku khaldantahay..

Nabady

Ducaysane;682424 wrote:
SNM criminals who were killed in the war are not civilians. have some decency folks and do not bring dinner table conversations here. The only regret I have is that Siyaad Barre was not brutal enough like some Arab leaders. if he were, We would not have been this situation walaahay. If the victimhood and bitterness that some reer waqooyi folks displays here everyday is shared by the people in NW regions, then I am afraid 1980 incidents may repeat itself.

what about the jazeera massacre when they were killing off our intectualls , proffesors , bussinessmans were they also SNM i never knew SNM soldiers were operating in xammar at that time what about the mass murdering of civilians do you consider civilians SNM soldiers but oke i don't mind, you worship Siyad bare according to you afweyne was a saint.

General Duke;682397 wrote:
First of all May Allah forgive the dead and bestow his mercy on them. May he also forgive us of our sins and bestow his mercy.

Zack said it correctly, he and the Somali people as a whole did not kill anyone. The remnants of the hated regime are today top leaders in Hargaysa . Including Siilanyu who was a top Minister of Siyaad Barre for 9 years, that’s nearly half the dictators rule. Riyaale who was an NSS commander and tasked with capturing and dealing with SNM supporters. Faisal Cali Waarabe was also a well known spy.

Thus its absurd to attack the flag, Mogadishu and all the Somali people while rewarding the same members who directly took part in the massacre on behalf of the regime..

However no one can excuse no wish away the tragedy that took place against our people in NW Somalia. The regime was brutal and the poor innocent civilians in Hargaysa, Burco suffered as did their brethren in Galkacyu before them and Mogadishu, Baidoa and the south after..

Lets never forget the tragedy, but lets not blame those who did not partake in it while protecting and rewarding those who did..

Using Allah name in vain? You're trying to pin the people of SL together? :) I'm ashamed for you duke. If anything, I been told the most horrific killers of them all were not from Mogadisho, but from your backyard. No one takes you seriously old man.

NGONGE   

Hunguri;682429 wrote:
First of All, may Allah rest in peace all of those lost their lives and loved ones. What amazes most, is the fact that a brutall, racist, regime who did every evil thing to the very citizens of South Africa who are the Black majority indeginouse of that countery have forgiven and forget what ever the whites did to them, simply to coexist in peace and harmony. What's wrong with Somali people ? Every one was part of the problem in some way or another. Xasuuqii Dawladu ka gaysaty Waqooyi, Gobollada Dhexe iyo Koonfur waxaa la mid ah dad Civilian ah oo Saf inta la galiyey Taayir la mariyey in the North it self. Waxaa la mid ahaa wixii ka dhacay meel walba oo Somali dagto. Markaa (Halaagii dhacay looma kala hadhin ).

Waa laba mid uun:

(A) In ninkii Ciil qabaa aarsado, oo intuu hadda duulo qof walbaa oo maamulkaa u shaqaynayay uu gacantiisa kaga ciil baxo.

(B) Inuu wixii dhacay iska illaawo, iskana caffiyo Wanaaga iyo Ajjar-ka Aakhirona iska sugo, dadkaana u duceeyo.

Laakiin, dad dhintay ayaan maalin walba laffahooda soo gurayaa ama sawiradooda SOL soo galinayaa, hadhawtana Qof walba oo wax ma garato ah ayaa ku daacsanaya, aniga waxay ila tahay ma waafaqsana sharafta Muslimiinta iyo Gobanimada Somalida. Arrinkaa Jacaylbro waaku khaldantahay..

Nabady

Waan ku salaamay ya Hunguri. :)

Lakin kolay waad ogtahay that I disagree with you here. South Africa had a period of reconciliation and the grievances were aired, saaxib. In Somalia, the fighting is still ongoing, the injustice still being committed and the people are still dying. The minute the bullets stop, every last man and woman will demand retribution for all the transgressions committed against him and his lot. Somaliland's case is different. It was built on these grievances and regardless of any reconciliation, they have become part of the fabric of society. Yes, it is Somali against Somali but no, it is not a case of let us go out and take revenge. It is similar to the former Somali Republic memorising the days of the Sayid, the Allies remembering WW2 dead or the Arabs talking about the 67 war. It's what countries are made off and it is one of the things SL uses to fortify its nationhood, saaxib. It is not and has never been a case of "our dead are better or more important than your dead".

264397250_5474e0dbbb.jpg?v=0

1.1255358382.mig.jpg

Nugul   

Comparing the people who fought against colonialism with clan based insurgence with all their traitorousness is beyond belief. No Somali will accept that.

NGONGE   

Nugul;682437 wrote:
Comparing the people who fought against colonialism with clan based insurgence with all their traitorousness is beyond belief. No Somali will accept that.

That's not what I was comparing, dearest. Pay attention now and read my words again.

^

That's hilarious - you're actually trying to defend the digging up of the graveyards of these Somali people by comparing it to the commemoration of Sayid Cabdille Xassan's struggle? Sadly, I'm not as surprised as I wish I were, although, I honestly expected more from you Ngonge, than your average Hargaysa hokum.

Your argument, of course, is an incredibly weak one - because the historical record clearly shows that the atrocities suffered by these folks, like all the rest of Somalis who suffered under that regime, was not unique to them alone. So try again.

Also, tell us if as you say, these crimes have become an integral part of the "fabric of society" and are therefore unforgivable---tell us why it seems always that former officers of the very same regime that you say committed these atrocities always rise to the upper echelons of power in Hargaysa?

Oz   

Admin, I think in my opinion - This Thread needs to be closed otherwise its turning into us vs us. its not helping the young ones on this site.

NGONGE   

Mr. Somalia;682460 wrote:
^

That's hilarious - you're actually trying to defend the digging up of the graveyards of these Somali people by comparing it to the commemoration of Sayid Cabdille Xassan's struggle? Sadly, I'm not as surprised as I wish I were, although, I honestly expected more from you
Ngonge
, than your average Hargaysa hokum.

Your argument, of course, is an incredibly weak one - because the historical record clearly shows that the atrocities suffered by these folks, like all the rest of Somalis who suffered under that regime, was not unique to them alone. So try again.

Also, tell us if as you say, these crimes have become an integral part of the "fabric of society" and are therefore unforgivable---tell us why it seems always that former officers of the very same regime that you say committed these atrocities always rise to the upper echelons of power in Hargaysa?

I know you clearly understand where I am coming from but choose to play the fool here and carry on peddling your silly take on things. But I’ll bite, saaxib, I’ll bite. :D

Most of those that find this thread tasteless are looking at things from the Somaliweyn point of view. To them, like it is to you above, it is unacceptable that one group should commemorate or remember its own dead. “We all lost loved ones” is their response. It is a good response, an acceptable response and one that makes sense IF the comparison did exist. But there really is no comparison here. SL is not part of Somaliweyn anymore (as any SL supporter will tell you) and does not view things along those lines.<O:p</O:p

Nations are built on communal suffering and achievements. The Brits, French and Americans still commemorate WW II. They still talk about defeating a fascist tyrant and saving their worlds from subjugation. Both Serbs and Bosnians have memorials for the dead of the Balkan wars. Rwanda has memorial sites for its dead. South Africa (that Hunguri quoted above) has an apartheid museum. And let’s not mention the Jews and their holocaust sites.

<O:pAll these stand as symbols of the past and defiant messages reminding those that experienced them that no such things should ever happen again. Yet, the Brits have good relations with Germany, the Tutsis live side by side with Hutus and the South Africans are all living as one happy nation. Somaliland is following the same formula and using its own memorials to remind itself that it should never again be controlled from Mogadishu. It is never a case of saying that the SL Cabdi that was unfairly executed in Hargeisa in the eighties is more worthy than a Somali Cabdi that had an AMISOM rocket fall on him in 2010. It is a totally different story, outlook and aim.

Where you and I differ, Mr Somalia, is that you view all our dead as traitors who went against the government of the time and deserved to be killed. I understand your point and would even agree with it had I been in your shoes or were a Somaliweyn proponent. Fortunately, and to be extremely blunt, I won my war and I am in total control of my destiny. This is why I am free to commemorate the countless people who died in order for me to win my freedom and create my state. It is what free people do and it was what the old Somalia did when it got rid of colonialism. They are all commemorations of gigantic events in the histories of nations, adeer.

<O:p

As for the nonsense about former officers of the regime, that is neither here nor there. De Klerk was in the Mandela government. It is the nature of politics, saaxib. The one thing demanded is that they follow the script and oh how they all followed it!

So if you oppose these commomorations, do so from a Somaliweyn angle and try to keep up with Jacaylbaro's aim when he posted this thread. Rise above the calaacal, adeer. Jb is not crying for dead people here. He's sending a much stronger message. Wax fahan. ;)

^

Or so now you speak for JB, do you? happy0006.gif

Sorry to break it to you, Ngonge, but you won no war saaxiib. Somalis from every corner of the country rose up in turns and fought against the oppressive regime of the time. These are facts, backed up by overwhelming evidence, and are not subject to debate(If your weak attempts at historic misrepresentations and revisionism can even be considered "debate.") You can't win an argument against reality, but please....keep up the good work with the pretentious braggadocio, we really don't care to see the wasteland which lies beyond.

NGONGE   

Mr Somalia, I shall ignore the these last throwaway comments of yours, saaxib. It would be unfair not to allow you to wriggle a little. But I'm sure that my message was loud and clear. :D

^

Au contraire, your message was VERY loud and clear(who could have missed it with all those bold fonts that you deployed happy0006.gif)-- but unfortunately it has no basis in reality whatsoever. So please, do not extend this travesty any further. Let those dead souls rest in peace!

Malika   

It's what countries are made off and it is one of the things SL uses to fortify its nationhood, saaxib. It is not and has never been a case of "our dead are better or more important than your dead".

Nationhood or tribalism - a fine line when it comes to Somali conflicts. Dont you agree? - Perception, perception, sometimes its exagurated and that is where I have an issue with..