Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Music

Aaliyyah   

I have finally came to the decision to stop listening to music, especially somali music (since i really listen to arabic/english music at minimum). I literally listen to somali songs when I'm cooking, cleaning, heading to work, heading to school, relaxing..I spend good portion of my time listening to wadani/love songs. But, it finally hit me that music is haraam I mean I knew it all along but I guess it is time that I take my deen more seriously and practice it fully.Besides, had pakis give me funny looks on the subway do I blame them hijaabified sister listening to music on her blackberry/Ipod quite inconsistent lool.....Dont they say the best jihaad is the jihaad maca nafsak (struggle with your soul)..just wondering those of you solers who dont listen to music how did u guys came to that point???!! InshaÁllah I hope that Allah swt makes it easy for me and all those muslims who are trying to get closer to allah swt by staying away frm what he Allah swt prohibited as tempted as it is...

Thanks ...

salaam

The Zack   

^Are you for sure though? I mean many have made this same decision many times and failed to fulfill it. It is just hard to quit it completely. I am just saying, u know.

Aaliyyah   

Yea I am sure Zack and stop reminding me that is its not easy. I happen to be one of those you mention who tried many times bt inshallah this time I will be more serious abt my efforts tan kale dnt they say hell is surrounded by desires (things that the nafs wants) where heaven is surrounded by struggles..we have to struggle to get into heaven aint it? nobody said it was gonna be easy. Thanks for your 2 cents thou laakin waxan rabay dadka sol ku jira ee hesaha dhageesan say heesaha u jojiyaan..I guess no one around here doesnt listen to music :( lol...

salaam

Ismalura   

@ Aaliyah I tried and failed many times before lakiin for the last few months caadi baan ka dhigtay oo maba ka fikirin in aan iska daayo. You have definitely made a good decision but I think you should start off gradually; first minimize before you stop it all. I trust God's mercy that He will forgive us and hope that we have enough good deeds to balance the bad ones with.

I know it is doable because one of my friends hasn't listened to any music for the last few years. I do wonder how he does it but it is possible and that is good to know.

Aaliyyah   

Inshallah May Allah swt forgive us, it is funny how we underestimate some things such as music gossiping etc..I personally dnt gossip I hate ppl who yap abt other ppl (and in the quran it says its the same as eating ur bros dead flesh) but my point is praying payin zakat and wearing hijaab deentu kuma dhamo...as they say Islam is a way of life...How abt that story where a lady was a prostitute yet she fed a cat and she was rewarded heaven, (not that I am implying it is ok to lead such life but shows how merciful allah swt is and how good it is to apply islam in your way of life in this case the lady was kind even should she led her life in the worst way possible) and the other story where a lady went to hell simply because she mistreated a cat (didnt the prophet csw said arham man fi alard yarxamaka man fii samaa which translates to have mercy on those on the earth then the one up high or in the sky will shower his mercy on you) so definitely Allah swt forgives his slaves even if their danbi is as deep as the ocean but we have to ask for forgiveness before our time is up......May Allah guide us to the true path.

The Zack   
Music is like Cigarette, once you are hooked with it, it is hard to quit it. If you try to quit it overnight, you will completely fail. Make a transition period for yourself.

Aaliyyah   

One of my friends suggested a song to me couple hrs ago and as soon as we listened baan so xasuustay my VOW...I think I need to change my friends too khyr leh kuwani LOOOOOOOOOL...

nuune   

Waan ka faraxashey heesaha Soomaaliga 2 years ago, completely, even my Qaraami collection of more than 7 thousand songs waan wada daadiyey, keydkii Radio Mogadishu xataa ee ahaa heesihii hirgaley gidigood waan wada hayey, hees carabi iyo mid shiinees toona ma dhageesto, big relief, Alxamdulillaahi.

Aaliyah, you can do it, just maskaxdaada wax kale ku xaree

Good luck Aaliyah! you made the most important first step by setting your goal to stop/decrease listening to music. I'm not an expert on 'how to quit listening to music' but something tells me if you ditch your music player it should be downhill from there, no?

Aaliyyah   

^^Thanks Grasshopper. I actually dlted all the songs frm ma phone (thats where I usually listen music from)...so alhamdulilah it is working so far :)..

Nuune mashallah huuno I am so happy for you. Inshallah may allah swt make it easy for me :)..

salaam

Ismalura   

Aaliyyah;681210 wrote:
^Thanks Ismalura for your advice. y dnt u link me up with ur friend..khyr buu ifari laha. Kidding
:P

;) LOL

Good luck abaayo. Ilaahey ha nagu hagaajiyo jidka toosan kuligeenba.

wyre   

The Zack;681253 wrote:
Music is like Cigarette, once you are hooked with it, it is hard to quit it. If you try to quit it overnight, you will completely fail. Make a transition period for yourself.

I don't agree with you that dear zack, sababtoo ah aniga waan isticmaali jiray, haddana waan joojiyay oo muddo 7 sana ah ma isticmaalo, niyaddeydana kuma jirto inaan isticmaalo :P but music, careless baan ka ahay coz am not auditory:D I'm visual

Blessed   

I used to be like you Aaliyah, fartaan taagoba hees baa ii wehel ahayd. I haven't given up completely but I seldom listen to Music now. I once heard a story about will isaga oo Music dhagaysanaya gaadhigu la qablimay, markay dadku arkeen in ay nolosho ka baxayso ayay ku yidhaahdeen ashahaado. Laakin wuu kari waayay oo hesstii uu dhagaysanayay ayuu ku soo celceliyay. Hada inaan baabuurka music ku dhagaystoba waan ka baqaa, warka ama nasheedo islamiya ayaan gashadaa. Laakin meel kasta noloshu way kaaga go'ayasaa markaa waan in ayu ku dadaalono khayrka marwalba, Insha Allah. Thankfully aroosyo iyo parties ma aado, my only problem is song recommendations online... Music effects my cibaadah directly aniga maalmaha aan heeso dhagaysto salaadaan ka raaga, khushuucdu baa'ba'. Waa wax lala jihaado runtii... Illahay hainoo wada sahlo, walaalo.

p.s Ka waran hadaynu labadeenu iskaashano. Bil walba waan ku intaaxmi ana adigu i intixaan. LOL. Hadaan adoo leh 'this song is so heart breaking leh, dhegtaan kuu jiidayaa.. LOL.

Aaliyyah   

Blessed subhanalah sis I heard that story too abt the guy who died and couldnt say the shahada infact I heard it numerous times...waa wax laga cabsado in adoo muslin ah maalinta dhimato shahadadu carabkaaga kasoo baxeen sabbato ah wax mala yacni ah baad dhageesan jirtay intaad noleed..Ilaahow jidja sax na tus ameen andyou are right it does affect our ibadah...ma kushuuci kartid the same level as someone who doesnt listen to music...thats for sure....saladuna haday tahay devoid from any fear and sincerity ilaahay baaba og sida loo aqbalayo ilaahow na cafi..

That idea sounds good blessed diyaar baan u ahay in dhagta la ii jiido hadaan hees la iga maqlo lol...

salaam