Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

RIS Canada 2010 trailer

Great trailer! Have you been to RIS before? so many friends are coming in from out of town... I've never been - I feel like I'll stick out b/c I don't wear a hijab :P

p.s. "all of Islam revolves around two things: sincerity to your Creator and mercy to His creation." that's brilliant.

Aaliyyah   

Dont worry hun you gonna have good time. And, you know islam is more than hijaab? like hijaab is important. But, slowly you will get there and inshallah you will wear it for allahs sake instead of wearing to fit in or what not...alacmaalu biniyaat which translates to what you do is mainly about your intentions. Besides, you can cover for that event if you are too uncomfortable with standing out (I hope you start wearing hijaab soon enough...take baby steps..wear it sometimes see how it feels..).

salaam

Ismalura   

Maanshalah ! So beautiful. I love how the sheikh says "It is about contribution not about integration."

I would love to go but I am too broke and I have to work as may hours as I can over the break :(

Aaliyyah   

oh Ismalura it would have been fun if you could make it. Oh well theres always a next time :)

All the solers that can make to this conference. I would highly recommend it...

salaam

The Zack   

Aaliyyah;680973 wrote:

All the solers that can make to this conference. I would highly recommend it...

salaam

Are u suggesting a SOL outing? JK

On a serious note, The Culumaa are trying so hard to tell the west that Islam doesn't equal to argagixiso but the question is are they being listened to.

Aaliyyah   

maybe I was, or maybe I wasnt hahah..

They surely are putting so much efforts in this event. Even saw their ads on the train. Trying to put the word out. Masha'Allah...

I was downtown on Dec 25 (going to see the Tim Burton exhibit) and I was shocked to see so many muslims at Tim Hortons (in practically every seat!)...then I remembered RIS was happening just down the street :)

It was amazing! I wish I went but maybe next year inshallah.