Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Did We Thank Almighty Allah (s.w)?

BOB   

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way."

What he had written was: "Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it."

Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?

Of course both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

"It is He, Who has created for you (the sense of) hearing (ears), sight (eyes), and hearts (understanding). Little thanks you give." [surah Al-Mu'minun; 78]

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Ninweyn...Glad to hear you liked it bro.

Howdy Ms London...oooh where's your old avator? A friend of mine had a crush on that pic. lol

Kamaavi...dariska ka waran?

Aaliyyah   

What a beautiful story thanks Bob. It is amazing how we are not thankful for our sense that are more precious than anything else this world can provide...

BOB   

What is this 'Rating' you guys are talking about?

Peace, Love & Unity.