Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Rahima   
Thank you rahma for coming to my aid:) i realise i am surrounded with either kuwa afsomaliga dhibayo or dad indhaha faraha kaa galinaya.

/QUOTE]

I grew up in a house with where one parent is reer mudug to the core and the other born and raised in Boorama, so i've been exposed to many differences- but i must say that i still get taken aback by how strong some accents are, not to mention that they sound like they're fighting.

nuune;914246 wrote:
Norf
Abu Salam,the region hasn't embraced yet that level, all government controlled, as in the case of Ethiopia and Djibouti, for Somalia, you really need to have the suppport of few ministers to have such projects

Ethiopia is different but Djibouti always allowed airlines or private investments (now booming with better codes etc) though of course it's much easier to have local partners; we can enrol key ministers in Sland don't worry about that if the business is viable in theory (as in Nairobi flight schools).

This wadaad was re-doing his degree via distance learning in that field and it seems it's quite established/ in demand a program: http://www.cavc.ac.uk/en/coursepage?uio_id=75537

nuune   

Abu Salman, my only sources in Djibouti are two people, and they always tell me there are good opporutinies there, but they ain't experienced in the area as you are, they are both returnees from the West and living here permanent.

Whom do you think the future students will be if such projects are implemented, in terms of who can afford it since cost of training might be higher, maybe there are some folks who are loaded or the elite groups who want their children to have brighter future in aviation.

What about private hire/rent, sightseeing etc, this can be good as you bring people to see the countryside, tourists as well as locals who want to see and experiencethe beauty of the landscape and important places such as mountains etc.

What is the market need anyway about the flying schools, don't you think more elementary courses would be good for start-ups first and progress, starting with aviation management & airport management etc, don't think such colleges exist in Somaliland, or even in Djibouti, there are few at Nairobi but are all bassed At Wilson airport and South African businessmen are well placed in that market.

Aircrafts such as Cesna, Piper can be easily obtained, either by leasing them, or can be bought off in one go.

How is the Voip technology in Djibouti, is it controlled by the goverrnment like Ethiopia?

Voip via google OBi100 or with computers via skype is gaining growth and work perfect, I think even the OBi100 is not as much as a threat given Djib Telecom recent drastic tariff cuts.

They just prefer not to open too much Djib Telecom to direct phone concurrence however but individuals etc do as they please, esp with the high speed optic fiber internet.

Yes, there is a dearth of aviation management skills training now albeit needs will increase with tourism and airports boom.

Tourism aviation is promising as tourism is a national focus now taking off (world unique geology, islands etc).

The elite, those whose kids study in Malaysia etc (at a cost of $3-5000/year and more), may be 5-10% or 45000-100 000 people very roughly without going through statistics etc (roughly 3 times more may be ok, esp. with current drastic change).

Ain't really experienced in it bro, just curious and relevant sources. Was just wondering whether cheap local flights and training may make sense and how many students is the minimum, costs etc (I just know bare minimum of $30-50 000 for ab-initio pilot training and thousands euros for ppl);

I'm sure Guelleh is always pro-investments (he even lets Sland bottled water into the local market) but others may not be as welcoming without shares/bribes but that is putting the cart before the horse since if the ideas are viable there is always a way.

Ps one of the few overall accurate article by Fellow Africans about the drastic change and demand in the sector:

DJIBOUTI: Investing in the knowledge economy of Djibouti (save for stating that there was no higher education before 2000, there was actually few degree courses credited by French unis; of course now the education budget is soon geared towards $200 millions, there are high schools everywhere, uni and full research with the CERD that distinguished itself in Somali & linguistics resources, applied sciences or local projects etc).

NGONGE   

^^ Hello Juxa, hope you're having a great morning.

Where is everyone else? There is no point me rushing in to be the first only to end up talking to an empty room!

Juxa   

you want your readers to be present and ready for your arrival miyaa?

sadly it is friday and they are having relaxed day

NGONGE   

^^ Don't be silly dee. If they were present and ready for my arrival, I would not be the first in. :D

But they should be here by now nooh! :P

nuune   

Abu Salman, thanks for the feedback, I think Tourism Aviation might be a viable business, others can follow such as aviation management college, and training at a later stage, marka hore magaca waa in la dhisaa then stage after stage everythign else will follow.

About the telecom sector, well as long there is a higher speed of internet, then I think there is no way governments can know if individuals or businesses are using voip.

I have a voip system that provides termination, traffic, and other features, can be used by anyone anywhere, with internet connection, mainly existing businesses can easily switch to this system, nothing changes, the way they make calls are same, but the benefit to them is huge, as international calls are the cost of less than local calls, options of making calls other than using the normal handset are many, mobile phones with interrnet can have mobile app, computers can have pc2phone app downloaded to it, so not only you are connected to a physical office but on the move, anywhere, can make calls and receive them.

NGONGE;914612 wrote:
Another day, another first!
:D

Good morning all.

although my activities on this thread are rare these days since i've set up shop somewhere else. see here: http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/67859-Alpha-s-Troll-and-Cantarbaqash-Corner-LOL?p=914870#post914870......i do occasionally browse this thread to see the latest happening. i've noticed NG's silly little ''first in'' comments.

several questions for NG

1. how do you define 'first in'? bearing in mind the different time zones of the different posters.

2. do you literally mean you're the 'first in' here among a select group of trollers?

3. question 3 is a two part question:

a) suppose someone else was 'first in'? what then?

b) would you still claim 'first in' honours?

Al.

We started google OBI100 based VOIP within the family, it's neat and free for US/CA/30 countries or so, the central subscriber has to pay for all calls though; straightforward save the few tools to send to each home/central set-up (the gvt is no worry/hassle).

More sophisticated system may be good for business dealing with Dubai, France etc but only bigger ones may justifies costs over $50-100/month (our unique subscription costs roughly 40 plus the paying calls; mobile calls are the core costs problem). Very interesting indeed if you have full data.

Solar panels/ efficient ACs are the next ideal solution with almost immediate recovered costs given local conditions, it's mostly delivered by japanese/Koreans etc to projects but it would suit greatly businesses/individuals since air cooling or power represent their main expense.

It seems there is always such a gap between what can be done and when people realise it; thought that with ever cheaper panels, solar would have been widespread by now.

Rahima   

NGONGE;914612 wrote:
Another day, another first!
:D

Good morning all.

I'm always the first in, i just let you have it ;). Even if i log in midday, i still beat you- so faanka naga dhaaf please.