Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

N.O.R.F   

Allah dawil cumrak :)

Waar heedhe, af carabigii baaba igu soo noqday. I went to transfer my UK license to a Saudi one today. I was dreading going there as the driver was too busy and I wanted to get it in time for the weekend. Got pics taken, license copied, money paid, eye test done, translation into Arabic done and all without a word of English (af Somaali ba iga soo baxa for some reason).

Getting there.

Juxa   

masha allah indeed, it is happening too fast, mardhaw waxad noqon another carabeeti like ngonge

ngonge cumri dheer iyo cibaado san insha allah, i have a feeling dadka dhibka badan live longer

NGONGE   

^^ Maxaad o amaanaysa? He spent SEVEN long years in the Arab world and he still can't speak proper Arabic. Adigo you probably spent less time in Holland and your Dutch is (I assume) quite good. :D

Jeddah is a different place to Dubai. I expect Norf to be speaking fluent Arabic within six months.

(thanks for the duca).

N.O.R.F   

^Exactly. I have little choice here. Laakin qaylow badanaa dadkani :D

lol juxa xaaji casiir went to school here. Can't beat his Arabic.

Resolution: Cuntada carbs leh iska yaree (difficult)

Well, oats are great for many reasons; for usual pasta etc, besides drinking enough water daily, you can start with salad/maraq or switch to greens/fish on its own.

Chew calmly till it's liquid or almost and relax before eating/thinking food.

It seems simple yet so hard in practice with daily stress.

Had seen this mini size yet almost complete Arabic reference tool used by this revert friend:

Pocket phrasebook/dictionary/usage (handy, complete for beginners; those authors "mastering arabic 2" by Palgrave is another not boring hit, skip the 1 if you have very basics).

(the chunking method: from basic fluency to mastery, more general tips and memorisation software)

The Quran is great practice too (just the juzz Cama has around half of the 2000 words or so: 80percentwords) as wadaads learned and still learns it simply through their lectures and mutuun such as shafici concise fiqh intro etc.

Juxa   

not the best start of the new year, i am having horrible day at work, all that joy and cake wiped out within 6 hours:(

bal ii duceeya

waves@sayid, sanad wanaagsan to you and darawiishta

:D@darawiishta - I like that, I'm gonna start calling them that from now onwards.

Good Luck with the rest of day at work - the cake feeling is just sign of you already missing your cake buddy - horta has she fly out yet?

NGONGE   

What does "Seedigay ma noqon?" mean? Are you offering me a Qardhaawi way in? :D

p.s.

I had a deal with KK, she's bringing up the girls for my boys (well, the deal was for the one boy but now I think we can agree to do a package).

Juxa   

lol@Ngonge, KK's girls will eat your boys alive, maad ka joogtid oo mid yaroo carabeetiyad ah uraadisid since they welcome package deals

Sayid, no she is around, spending time with family and even more friends and eating cake. I think we have seen each other enough to last us next 18 months insha allah

Ngonge: Typical Carab :D Always has things upside down or back to front

War see baan kuula hadla - adiga uun baa seedigay noqon - same way juxa is my dumaashi ;)

Edit - Juxa, I thought she flew out today. Thanks

NGONGE   

^^ Warya, Norf iyo curyaamin badan ayaa meelahan marmara marka, fadlan, ha i kashifin dee. In other words, what are you talking about? :D