Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Juxa   

Norf that is what i was thinking, he should have at least 2 weeks off soomaaha?

Ibti, hambalyo to your sister, kheyr iyo barwaaqo insha allah. have a safe trip

N.O.R.F   

He should get 2 weeks but going by his salary I can understand their reluctance to give him all that time and STILL pay him :D

NGONGE   

^^ By law, they don't have to pay me anyway. I can have the two weeks off if I wanted to but maxaan ku sameeya dee? At any rate, I just managed to negotiate the three days I took off. They're going to be treated as exceptional leave and I don't have to take them from my holidays (meaning many more half days to take). Heh.

NGONGE   

^^ It's not the accent that you have to worry about. It's the pidgin English (very hard to shake that one off, ask Norf). Heh.

Norf, they do pay you (a mere £135 per week or 90% of your average weekly earning, whichever is lower). However, it's not really pay from their own pockets as they can recover it all from the inland revenue anyway. Some employers are more understanding and would carry on paying you your normal salary whilst you're on leave.

Juxa   

haa, what ngonge said waa runtii, although many companies are now giving 2 weeks paid leave to fathers.

guriga jogidiisa waalagu waalan

Hi faheema, how is the new shaqo?

Faheema.   

^:D did you know there is a shop in Dubai Mall called "Same, Same"

Hi Juxa, it's going well alhamdulilah... although I feel i like i am working in an office in the middle of bombay. :D

N.O.R.F   

Faheema, you will find that your English deteriorate, words will take longer to come out and you will become accustomed to being called 'maaam' everytime you walk into a shop or petrol station :D