Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Maaddeey   

NGONGE;797558 wrote:
I am in now.
Whoever wants to stand up for me
'1', may stand up. Whoever wants to turn their face away, may turn their face away. For the rest, waan idin wada salaamay.

You've got to have geel jire tendencies to understand that, Maaddeey. A&T would have got it in a flash. Kuwa kale 'is tuska' jecel would have also got it and saw themselves in it. Adiga se,
mullah lunsaan
'2' baad tahay, saaxib. JB na waa iska reer magaal.

p.s.

What's the hump of the camel called and how many words are there in Somali to describe it?'3'

1) You may have said that without intention, but as you grew up and live now between two very arrogant nations, I will have to remind you this Hadeeth: ' Can Mucaawiyah can al Nabi scw: 'Man axabba an yatamathala annaasu lahu qiyaaman fal yatabawwa' maqcadahu min an Naar' xadiithun saxiix.

2) Haddii jacaylka ku dhaqanka Sharciga Alle & iska difaacadda cadawga soo duulay 'lunsanaan' tahay, aan iska lunsanaado!

على غرار قول الإمام المطلّبى: ,إن كان رفضا حب ال محمد فليشهد الثقلان اني رافضي،

3) Thats not even funny, I was expecting more like the following:

Mid reer Magaal ah aa la waydiiyey: 'meeqa naas aas geelka leeyahay?' 'Halkoo xabo lee, oo weliba saan u qalloocsan' :D

NGONGE   

^^ Wakaa! Miyaanan ku odhan waad lunsantahay, saaxib! :D

War I was JOKING (a play on "waa la idin wada salaamay") and really didn't need to be slapped across the face with that hadeeth or be given that gabay. Xamaasada guurmaad joojin, saaxib?

As for the funny and not funny, dee I didn't expect everyone to find it funny (though I found yours funny). Naga daa dee.

NGONGE   

^^ No sorry between saaxiib and nothing really to say sorry for dee. In fact, markaan ku tilmaamay 'wadaad lunsaan' waa baan amaanay (in the context of the topic).

Thank you for the correction (I was typing in a hurry :P).

Maaddeey   

^ :D

Guul jeclidaa!

Horta, Sxb adigu Jumcada ma tukataa?

Ps. which one you were joking about, the standing up or the 'wadaad lunsan'?

NGONGE   

^^ Labada ba. As for Jumca, I do when I can get away from the office (which is, luckily, most Fridays. I usually go to shiisha afterwards. :D).

Anyway, sounds like you want a step-by-step explanation, so here goes:

"Wa la idin wada salaamay" in my eyes is the stuff that someone with too much 'kibir' would say. Therefore, having seen you posting here when I posted my words, I had to play with words along the same theme and came up with "stand up". Kow dheh.

"wadaad lunsan" was to say that you are not interested in the show-off things that normal Somalis would worry about such as being experts on Somali culture and nomadic life styles (xasuuso, I was talking about camels). And, in my exprience, Somalis always like to show off about their linguistic abilities and geel jire knowledge. It's as if they'll look "bila asal" if they don't boast to each other about knowing the obsecure name of something to do with geel or other treasured Somali posessions (just like the Arabs having beauty contests for camels, waa is tus uun). Fahantu mise turjubaan baan o yeedha? :D

p.s.

Guul waan jecelahay lakin runtaan ka jecelahay saaxib. In here, there was no offence to be had. Wax fahan.

Juxa   

^^ Still raali ahow adigoo dhahda laguu qaatay as aad ku qaldaneed your wadaad-lunsan comment

stop madaxa aad dhulka la dhacayso and man up:)

ps: is cafiya oo hawada nooga baxa, you overshadowed Serenity's return

waves@serenity

NGONGE   

^^ "Sorry" would mean in aan khalad sameeyaay oo way ii qornaanaysaa. Dee khalad maan sameen oo danbiga ma qaadanayo anigo "misunderstanding-ka" fasiri kara. Xaasidnimada jooji oo wadadka ha igu dirin dee (xamaasada yaanay hadana la tegin). :D

Maaddeey   

^^ :D

Sxb, I benefited from your step by step explanation.

The reason I asked you of Jumcah, is I like you (don't know why, though :D) and I know it is difficult to be away from your desk for more than an hour and a Masjid may not be around the corner. I'd suggest you make a congregation of at least three male Muslims (I am assuming here that you have Muslim staff in your workplace), and you do sermon 'khutbah', so you can brush off your Arabic and khataabah. What do you think?.

NGONGE   

^^ There are two masjids within walking distance from my workplace, saaxib (four if I take a short bus ride). It's more to do with being able to leave than distance. Heh@I like you..hada ma aniga ku neceb? Lakin aniga ha ii sheegin dee..Juxa o sheeg (she's the first lawyer I've ever seen who consideres the word 'sorry' acceptable). :D

Maaddeey   

^Inaad Toab-kaaga la soo baxdo (Moroccan style) ama koofiyad (Pakistan-Hindi style) eed shaqada dadka ku tujisid maxaa kuu diiday?.

Juxa Walaal, waa maxay: 'hawada nooga baxa'?. Maanta hawl la'aan baan ahay maxaad ii burinee aan kaa qaraaxeystee (ha u fasirin NGONGE) :D

Ps. I don't easily get angry -at least- online!.