Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Juxa   

waadhyee JB south-bashing session in FB mala soo xirey waadigan adigoo qawaafsan halkan maraya eh! wallee shaah iyo cakeba laguma siiyo, you are evicted from southern hospitality

Ngonge quraan hala saaro

massive wave with bingo wings@Raula, how is your sijui self huuno? Rahima waa ku kacsaneed oo few cirbad kusocda oo waalan baa ka xanaajiyay

NGONGE   

Why Norf & Juxa? Anigu maxa iga galay Hassan Sheikh or whoever is flavour of the month for Somalis dee. The idea itself is "badownimo" wax fahma. :D

Otherwise, I hope you're all having a great morning.

loooooool@Juxa ... South-bashing ka siyaasadda waanu isku leenahay dee .... not the people-bashing though .... Xamar way shidnayd to be honest :D

Juxa   

oldka naga daa, shabaab cirowday beynu nahaye

JB xamar wanted baad ka tahay waxaan kugu xukumay kiilo muus ah inaad cunto within an hour

Rahima   

Juxa- there are so many threads/posts that offend my sensibilities. The number of sexist, qabiilist and/or islam bashing posts are getting out of hand.

Stoic- not sure if i like that picture. I have heard of the failed expeditions of some nomads from the West but i've also heard of many success stories. Anyway, more interested in the lifestyle and security.

Good evening all.

STOIC   

Rahima,

The lifestyle in Kenya depends on how much your pocket can afford. You can literally live a sheltered lifestyle. You can live in a good neighborhood and have your kids attend the best schools. But this is beyond the means of the common citizen.As often in life there are pleasant and not so pleasant aspect of life you have to put up when living somewhere.Life tend to be slower in Kenya.You could easily sport the distinct inequality of lifestyle. People are either rich or poor.Rarely do you see middle class families.This is not to say people are not comfortable. It seems like many people are living comfortable life within Kenyan Standard.

The sprout of Somali malls in Eastleigh is testament to the consumer culture of average Kenyan.I have been invited to homes of rich Somalis and I can say that they live better life than I do in the West.I was able to suss out the secret of their Kenyan success and it seems that they were hard working God-fearing business men. The Islamic atmosphere appealed to me and it was great to hear the five daily adhan on loudspeakers. Even though they stole my shoes at the masjid I still never missed a jamaa since they were masjid everywhere.

I’m not going to lie to you and pretend that it was heaven. I was really bored to death after the second week of getting invited in different homes for lunch or dinner.Kenya is known for its treasure of animal parks and Safari expedition, but THIS is something way beyond the means of the common citizen. One thing I found about myself in this trip is that I can not live in a city that has no accessible library.I was disappointed to have to drive miles and miles to buy a book or find a nice cup of coffee (thanks to JAVA cafe for nice coffee).This is something that made me realize that I love my books and coffee.

The security was good.I didn't experience any threat or was I harassed by the Kenyan police. Even though I speak the language fluently I still think anyone can be comfortable here without feeling like outsider.Things have changed and people are more free and roaming freely.

Juxa;966317 wrote:
oldka naga daa, shabaab cirowday beynu nahaye

JB xamar wanted baad ka tahay waxaan kugu xukumay kiilo muus ah inaad cunto within an hour

LoL...labadaan berri kelimada shabaab waaba la isku haystaa...

JB - maana koobiyo ayaa dhowr habeen lagu xiraa....

STOIC;966333 wrote:

One thing I found about myself in this trip is that I can not live in a city that has no accessible library.I was disappointed to have to drive miles and miles to buy a book or find a nice cup of coffee (thanks to JAVA cafe for nice coffee).This is something that made me realize that I love my books and coffee.

Whoa! You don't use Kindle? crime!

Kax Kax Kax

STOIC   

The smell of new book and the tactile feel of turning pages still appeals to me. It's a habit but I think I'm moving more and more towards kindle though

nuune   

Stoic's failed mission in Eastleigh turned him into a self-declared mucaarad of Eastleigh, waryaa, if you are not familiar with Eastleigh then get out of here, don'tr come near Easteigh and call it hell hole shidh, even badownimadaada fiiri, let me tell you that there are more than 10 libraries inside Eastleigh, modern, well organizaed, all have internet access, can borrow books too, something you couldn't find in other parties of Nairobi, the fact they are owned by Somalis would not appeal to you, marka naga daa cayaarta, sxb, meeshaad necebtahay lama tago lamana calaacalo, now I think that is enough before Ngonge tells me to stop issuing fatwas on this lost sijui hehe.

the amount of times you mentioned JAVA, war ma ina adeerkaa baa iska leh, acuudu billaahi, okey, now I stop

STOIC   

Nuune,

Ninyahoow jinayaal baat Qabtaa...I only mentioned Java café once and it was in reference to their nice cup of coffee and good business model.I have no affiliation to that place just a nice business establishment. Why do you assume Somali owned library will not appeal to me?

I have been to Eastleigh many times and really loved being among the Somali people.I even became a good friends with many Somalis with shops and internet cafe. Guess what they told me? American diaspora Somalis are humble than the tight- jeans wearing European counterparts. I used to get free internet because of my social interaction with the guys.Only time I shut my mouth when they started talking about Jubba, a very divisive hot topic.

You and AT&T refused to invite me for a cup of coffee, but guess what the TOLKA was made up for through an invitation to a wedding that belonged to one of the richest Cagdeer guy in Nairobi (Somebody Yaleeh)..Nice wedding with good food and I enjoyed it…So you and AT&T are sheegaat Caagdheer...which by the way are my grandmother people