Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

-Lily-   

lol@suicidal. I am just saying its not nice to be so old that you cant do much for yourself and are dependant on others.

-Lily-   

Listen, I am sure there is a dua not asking for death but requesting to return to one's Lord while you have your strength and mind? My mum always says it, I 'll check with her.

There are very fit 80 year olds. My grandad died at 80 but he looked more like a 60 year old. Very active and fit. Then you have 50 year olds falling apart. It is the suffering of old age one asks protection from.

Faheema.   

Afternoon all.

Lily, I also think it was due their 'lifestyle'. people back then led an active life and drank plenty of Caano Geel :)

NGONGE   

^^ Do your knees creak when you walk, Faheema? :D

Caano Geel causes shuban. Shuban weakens the bowels. Old people have weak bowels. Err..uuuf.

Faheema.   

^:D my knees are in working order now....no more creaks, must be the sun lol

Caano geel causes shuban only when it's drunk by amateurs like yourself :D

Lily, 90 is really not very old, certainely not synonimous with disability/alzheimer; read that book about Shangri La and other places 100 years old being the norm and looks like 120s is more the "natural limit"; my gdparents didn't/don't feel that old at that age, save the ill-advised knee replacement that weakened gd-ma.

Let's be realistic though, it would be extremely surprising and good to come close to even that in these days of unlimited food, little sunshine and omnipresent stressors/status anxiety.

The other extremely interesting finding is that plenty of good relationships/ tight knit extended families or strong community cohesion trumps pretty much all other factors and may be the single most crucial factor (Swedish minority in Finaland or the well-studied US Italian enclave of Roseto);

this explains probably well why nurses or others involved in often very stressful conditions, striving to educate, preach to or improve others seem more immune to usual cardiovascular/diabete-metabolic syndrome/cancers scourges...

raula   

^^^aah i see ileen "kurus"kaad shegysid hadaan fahmi...(wink wink)..JB i bet you can't even stomach a real kurus...waa sidey Faheema tiri..(like your 'pimped' GI track (as in qurbo-joog stomach) NGONGE can't even stomach some real caano geel)...naga daa shekadaa..

waryahee heelada hanaga qasin..bilaa edeb :D