Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

I meant people used to beach, nature in the South etc find Hargeysa less appealing and more costly (and they are right in many ways). Jabuuti is an alternative but now it looks like Xamar will become the magnet for all Somalis again.

Norf, sounds great mashallah; of course, you'll be given inshallah a royal welcome when in xeebta (albeit you are almost as local as me).

Jabuuti is much bigger than many states such as Singapour Juxa, it's another misconception that the place is tiny (for what?)...

I guess you've seen the airport area at least; much change so quickly a bit like Hargeysa.

Juxa   

Norf I will write more as i kept a diary of my visits but you are right. I found people welcoming and funny. I will load pictures once I figure out how.

A lot of southerner have settled in boorama, including my own family and some moved their businesses to Hargeisa

Abu, jabuuti waa magalo weyn maasha Allah, very pretty kor markad ka fiiriso with neatly arranged xafado

Just upload the pics on Flickr, then get the ubb code for each pic to post it here (a code for each size option exists). Or get an anonymous account on Flickr and I'll post them for you.

As for Borama, very green with tall grass and cold climate; the change was unbelievable when out of the plane from xeebta as it's close to Jabuuti (whose Somalis are largely from Zeila and Borama areas etc).

Very welcoming, calm and patriot locals too, many Somalis settled there indeed.

Borama, jabuuti and Gabiley (Arabsiyo, up to W Hargeysa etc) are very local to each other as families are split accross towns.

Malika   

"Naftu doqonsanaa

Damac waalanaa

Waxay doonto beri

Ku didi ogaa"

La la la..cant remember the rest - somehow this lyric is stuck in my mind - perhaps my subconcious is trying to tell me something..haha.

Oh. Juxa! welcome back abaayadisa - glad you had a good time.

NGONGE   

Welcome back Juxa. I never thought I'd miss you that much. :D

(would have written this earlier but work got in the way).

Juxa   

Malika macmac lovey, hope work is still not driving you crazy.

I am dreading to go back, my old assistant moved away and her replacement quit so very worried at amount of work waiting for me

Hi ngonge thanks for the welcome, Ibti has diin-diin and she named him after you

Ps: anyone knows qof shawl raba, immediate start, LLB, ideally LPC as well.

Ibtisam   

Lol JB. Of course u agree with her!!!! Jaar ha iga tuuriba.

Juxa start making ur plans already will ya

Jumca wanagsan ppl

Juxa   

Is it Friday? I woke up at 4am and have been brain storming, unfortunately I am hungry and no laxoox in sight

Jumce kareem

NGONGE   

Am I the only one getting sick of all this praise for Ibti? :P

(this is revenge for calling her pet NG).

Salaam all.

Ibtisam   

Lol! Ngonge. You can't blame her- she didnt see anyone else but me for four days. JB naa he was suppose to take her out the two days I was working- asagaan siidu meel uga qooslay he run out of time. :P So everyone she met in the north was my friends and family dee, including chasing my two diin around the garden shouting warya Ngonge stick your head out and MOVE! lol

NGONGE   

Did Juxa not meet Jb? Marka maxay o leedahay I went to Hargeisa? This visit does not count if you did not meet the man himself. Heh.

Could you not think of a better name for your pet? At least call a cat after me not a lazy stubborn head. :D

Juxa, the audit finished but it was hectic this year. I'm still recovering.