Deeq A.

Welcome to the new Camel Milk Threads

BOB   

LooooooooooooooooooL@ Borat....LooooooooooooooooooL. A&T Avatar kuu eg baa lagu siiyay.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

Prometheues,

Maantaan nin Afghani ah oon saaxiib nahay kaaga sheekeynayey. The poor guy is going through tough times. What Prometheues would call 'through rational thinking and reasoning'. He says he wants to find out about truth. Waaanu muranaa maalin walba. Sometimes, to an extent we do not talk to one another for few days. The issue is he says he wants to discover whether God exists and whether Islam is the right religion if indeed there is any such think as right religion. His problem is he doesn't know the ABC of logic. He is afraid he will lose his faith, he told me. So, he says he wants to discover the existence of God through rationl reasoning. I told him it is impossible and his approach is wrong. If you want to indeed find out about this issue using logic and scientific research, you should be prepared to accept any conclusions you reach and should not use unscientifc approachs and reasoning at any point of the search. He complains that the islam is basically good but interpretations by Mullahs is the problem.

I challenge that and told him that whatever you get by way of Mullahs is in one way or another what the religion says, as long as we are not talking about eccentric mullahs. He is selective about where Mullahs are right and wrong depending on what he likes about religion what he doesn't like. I tell him that although he has a point in that Mullah's interpretations could be wrong, what he is offering is also another interpretation of what the Quran and Xadiisis say and if he accepts what he says as the correct versions, it will not rest the argument. He will merely be one more addition to a growing list of sects within Islam. In short, the guy is doubting everything but fearful. I told him that there is a guy called Prometheus who can help him. I shall send him to you, inshallah soon. Educate him. I don't mean make him atheist, but show him the inconsistencies and the fundamental weakness of his approach. We agree to debate based on science and logic alone, by shelving our beliefs, and in the middle of the thing he jumps back to belief and says 'since the prophet could not have known about the fact that the deepest of the sea is the darkest, yet he said that in the Quran, it can only be that he heard it from God. "

I told him that is fine with me, a muslim believer. But if he goes with that argument to someone else who doesn't believe in religion, he can expect "since there is no precedent where any human being was told things from the sky and since such cases are yet to be verified by science, I think a human being who came to Mecca from other areas could have told the prophet". This is one of many other possibilities. I told him that when he is debating people, he should define the parameters of discussion from the outset. He was angry and said he wants to bring other people to arbitrate us, I told him that is unnecessary. he should just write to you, prometheus or to Nur.

On the issue of short stories, I don't want to boast and I have read Nuradddin's many books and stories. I believe I can better him for sure. Where I cannot reach is Chinua Achebe, a man I have immense respect for. Laakin thanks to Sol and You, soo kaad i qab jebisay eed tidhi "beyond scabrous bedside stories, Abtigiis has nothing else to offer". And I was surprised that a man who drunk logic would use such an argument to question my intellect and intelligence, oblivious to the fact that he was committing all kinds of fallacies along the way. One would expect a master of 'fallacy' list would avoid most of them. Palavar finish!

BOB   

I still can't figure out how to use a smiley...This is turning into a proper Moneky Business now.

Admin. you ought to explain this...there are many pensioners here like me who have no clue on how to use a computer but they're too shy to admit that...illeyn waa reer Xamare. lol

Kool Kat...lama arage intee ka baxday mise sideydoo kalee iyadana ku wareersantahay balaayadan isla wada iftiimaya ee halka mar nalagu gaaday? lol

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^^ War bootada jooji dee. You should have thanked him for his praise and pointed out (humbly) that "bedside stories" are not the only thing you offer. Halkaa hadaad ku deen laheed, labaatan qof oo cidla ka socda ayaa kuu heelin laha. Axmaq degdeg badan waaxid. :D

P.S.

Afghaniga ha waalin warya. Dadka way isqarxiyaan markay aduunayda af garan waayaan.

Abtiga, saaxiibkaaga waxa ka guuxaya wuxuu Ibraahin Hawd ku tilmaamay fulaynimada fikirka. Dhalinyaro badan baan garanayaa oo sidiisa oo kale moodaya hadday caqligooda yara adeegsadan oo su’aalo isweydiiyaan in dhulkaba lala goynayo. Mid baa mar walba lafteyda su’aalo i weydiiya, oo markuu su’aasha dhameeya subxaanallah ku khatima. Waxaan idhaahdaa adeer subxaanallah laynee, waxaad yeelaysaa geesinimo garaad iska baadh, waayo su’aalo lays weydiiyaa dembi maaha, oo inaad fekertaa xaaraan maaha. Waxaan kaloo idhi: Ilaahey ma su’aalaha adag buu necebyahay? Dee Faroole oo kale maaha. If anything, the Lord would welcome the inquisitive nature of a sincere skeptic.

Regarding your short stories, I think you would be more successful if you tempered your shock jock predilections.

Blessed   

Legend of Zu;680241 wrote:
Did you know, you have lost all the prev PM's you had in your inbox.

Mine have all come back as newbies (unread), confusing, much. I guess we're going to have some glitchs for the next few.. posting is a bit of a task.

Frist off, thanks for the upgrade. It was about time to bring 2001 web features to something close to 2011.

I was able to log in by using my xiinfaniin display name, and NOT my user name which I would normally use. That was a minor inconvenience.

The upgrade was not without drawback however. To begin with, please bring back following symbols/features:

The She-Camel and her offspring logo

The sorting by last posted/updated

War ciddii wax tabaysaay halkaan kusoo qora idinkuna

nuune   

There are more features for shukaansi oriented people, maybe it needs to be reduced hadii kale isma celin karno smileys.gif

Showqi   

Waa nalla bililaqaystay the Inbox are still empty........Where are the privet massages?,,,,,,,All my Shukaansis are gone. Wahy oo wahy oo wahy

Teeda kale some threads are missing pages....... What happen to them?

Isbadalka la sameeyey aad iyo aad ayaan ugu faraxsanahay. Waanad ku mahadsantihiin Yaa Adhmin... Please just give me back my PMs

Taleexi   

I think since the page is CMS based certain appearances can't be controlled. However, for me logging in was a tall order and lots of my posts went with the wind. Overall, I am for it the face lift plus I commend to those whose time and material wealth invested in the forum. With that said, I will come back with my sentiments regarding how the data migration would have been implemented for the sake of minimizing the data loss.