Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Muslims face forced conversion to secularism in Australia

Khalaf   

it's very sad to see that the supposedly "evil" West treats some Muslims better than Islamic countries.

Juba these so called islamic countries, are aided, endorsed, and kept in power by the West. You should know that. Whenever there is community of muslims that want to uphold islam-they are presecuted by these governments.

And for the muslims in the west-we are easily disposable, we are not threat. THe real threat is the muslims in the muslim lands they must be kept in check for as long as possible.

Haneefah   

I really pondered on the message you were trying to convey and to an extent understood where you were coming from, but ultimately I must dismiss what you said as a case of preferring to maintain an illusion of luxury.

Ma anaa waalan baa la yidhi, misa Cadan baa laga heesi. Sis, if all you were able to deduce from my entire post is such a sweeping and nonsensical judgement, then you really have not understood where I was coming from at all...in fact, I don't even think you gave the slightest earnest attempt!

What is this 'illusion of luxury' you speak of? Are you somehow insinuating that all the Muslims in the west who don't exactly share the belief that it's absolutely necessary for Muslims to make hijrah in order to be righteous Muslims are only concerned for their own selves and are seeking material gains? Of course eh, why else would they reject the idea of moving to a country where they can hear the Athan yet where human rights are continuously violated, where equal rights are unheard of, eminent scholars of Islam are either sent into exile or detained if they don't conform to corrupted government laws/leaders, oppression and injustice are ever more common (among many others)...yea, why else. Seriously dear, as Juba said, do you even know of the reasons why most Muslim (esp recent influx) immigrants came here, exactly how many do you think came here to seek and live the 'American dream'? While I don't doubt that some deluded ones might have, the truth is, the vast majority of us came here as a result of highly extenuating circumstances (ie war, tyranny, persecution, injustice etc.).

Though we enjoy privileges here that were lacking or even unheard of back home or in some Muslim countries, the Muslims here (rich or poor) are nonetheless still struggling; whether they are trying to establish their lives here, maintain their Islamic identity, or collectively working to enfranchise the Muslim community as a whole. Therefore, bacause of this ongoing struggle (both internal and external-personal jihad as I said before), they are far more in touch with reality than most minorities in the west that I know of and thus are very far from this 'illusion' you speak of.

What is this, the all or none law? If all the sharica is not impeccably implemented than the west it is !. Seems like a naive notion to me.

That, my dear, was a direct response to this comment of yours:

the reality remains the
only means
of ensuring that we as Muslims can maintain our Islamic values is the full implementation of our beloved law sent from the Almighty
is to practice in an Islamic nation

First, which country fully implements the Islamic Shariah? Second, exactly what is preventing you from maintaining your Islamic values and acting according to Allah's commandments in any other land (mind you, still belonging to Allah, The Almighty)?

I came to a non-muslim country at the age of four and do not blame my circumstances on anybody, I am (Alxamdulillah) extremely grateful of all the opportunities I have been exposed to. But, sadly that does not change anything. Although I acknowlege I am completly accountable for my actions, this is not the kind of environment where I would like to start a family (when the time comes; Inshallah).

Well, I'm glad to hear that you are grateful for what Allah has blessed you with in the west. However, you're only one of millions of Muslims in these lands, some of whom are extremely unappreciative and will use the first chance they get to start cursing and ridiculing the west for their own lack of hard work and underachievements (Islamically). While I do understand your justifiable concern of not wanting to raise a family here and even support it, the truth is society does not raise a family for you (as some might want to believe): at the end of the day, it all boils down to your own abilities as a parent and the methodologies you employ to raise a strong Muslim family. Now, that is not to say that society doesn't have an impact (be it +ve or -ve), but I'm simply saying that it is YOU that has to initially and continuously instill and reinforce the foundations laid down by our religion. Walee, waxaad beerato umbaad guran! Hadaad indhaha dhiig ka keeneysidna, waxaadan u shaqeysan heli meysid. So let's not kid ourselves, pls. ;)

But once again,
you oversimplify the reality
. I think of my daily routinue and by all means do not feel burdened by it. But as a Somali proverb goes Qofaan waxa soosocday garan waxa jooga ma garto. So i guess anticipating the future is what makes me slightly uneasy.

I'm not even sure if I'm following you here. What reality have I oversimplified? Again sis, my whole post was addressing Muslims in the west in general terms and looking at the bigger picture, beyond you or me. As for the maah maah, right on, it's only expected of an intelligent Muslim to have a good foresight. This is exactly why I'm saying that we need to strategize and think long-term, plan ahead as a community and not limit ourselves to our own lives and our immediate families. Do you think the Muslim communal life that you so happen to enjoy today just created itself, the institutions (masjids, schools, MSA's, Islamic centers etc) that you benefit from everyday? No. It took some determined righteous Muslims who were able to think ahead and care about the well being of fellow Muslims and who took it upon themselves a responsibility to make a difference. And today, we are enjoying the fruit of their hard efforts. Therefore, it's our turn as younger generations to continue this plausable effort by the Muslims who preceded us and do something about our plight in the west. We need not run away from our problems here but instead face the challenges and work to solve them, work to make it better for the next generations of Muslims in these lands!

In any case dear, the point I'm trying to make in this post and the previous one (if your still unsure) is not to oppose the concept of Hijrah, subhannalah. Any true believer would do anything for their deen. However, what I'm asserting is that this should be done only when it becomes an absolute necessity, and that's not our case yet alhamdulilah. Therefore, we shall be more pragmatic and focus on how to make our lives here more meaningful and live according to the tenets of Islam as much as possible while supplicating to Allah to guide us and to make our affairs easier and inviting others to His way.

May He Who knows best guide us all to the right path.

Haneefah   

Abdulnoor, Allah ya cizak bro, you received my message as intended. As for your question, hidaya is from Allah (SWT) walal. Though we have the Qur'an and the Sunnah alhamdulilah, some Muslims unfortunately know nothing of what this deen entails and its all-encompassing nature, let alone implementing it. Many Muslims are just born into this religion and could care less. As our beloved prophet (SAW) says, knowledge of this deen is absolutely fard on each and every believer; this is what I think is truly deficient in our ummah and this very deficiency is what I believe renders some of us powerless and directionless regardless of where we happen to reside in this world. Taqwa only comes with knowledge.

So in essence, we need a revival movement of sort, one that focuses on the inner aspect of Islam (Iman) first...once that is accomplished, then the exoteric aspect will follow Insha'Allah. I really do believe that this movement has somewhat begun here in North America by the mercy of Allah (SWT), so we should be optimistic Insha'Allah. smile.gif

juba   

Originally posted by AbdulNoor:

Juba these so called islamic countries, are aided, endorsed, and kept in power by the West. You should know that. Whenever there is community of muslims that want to uphold islam-they are presecuted by these governments.

so the West told these corrupt islamic states to use the money for vice? The islamic states may be "aided" and "endorsed" but they do the evil out of their own free will instead of using Western money to better their subjects lives.

Jamilah   

Abraar,

You support the message conveyed by the proverb and recognize the significance of foresight:

As for the maah maah, right on, it's only expected of an intelligent Muslim to have a good foresight.

yet you maintain that:

However, what I'm asserting is that this should be done only when it becomes an absolute necessity, and that's not our case yet alhamdulilah.

Just to make a clarification the word foresight means Perception of the significance and nature of events before they have occurred. So the word 'yet' is not required in your statement if indeed you recognise the importance of insightfulness. If not, wouldn't the context of the article (which was afterall the point of this topic) give you an indication of the changing state of affairs. And thus disabuse you of the notion things are good and only getting better :confused:

Sis, if all you were able to deduce from my entire post is such a sweeping and nonsensical judgement, then you really have not understood where I was coming from at all...in fact, I don't even think you gave the slightest earnest attempt!

This sentence is written to give the acknowledgement and credit you desire. Although in all honestly you have raised good points particular in your earlier post. :D

May He Who knows best guide us all to the right path.

Ameen Ameen, Ameen Allahyo

Salam

Haneefah   

Oh my! Dear Jamilaay, you have no idea how I was desperately yearning for that generous acknowledgement of yours. Like, you sooo totally made my day :D

*Back to my usual self*

Now what I really genuinely desire (if you care to know) is to exude loads of Islamic love...so in that spirit, how about a big, warm, sisterly cyber hug ;)

Peace!