Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Windows 7

Som@li   

Anyone tried Windows 7 ? it is now free to download from Ms and it will work till sometime in August.

I put it on Vmware, and used my Windows Vista as a host, the whole process took less than 20 minutes.

So far, it looks much better than Vista, and has now more drivers , less bugs, than WIndows 7 beta,

So grap a copy and enjoy.

Actually, its just Vista with bugs fixed! lol. Hey bro, have any idea how to re-gens after it expires? or do u know where i can download the student version. thnx

Ms guys always wishing for the next windows O/S that will be better then OS/X !!!

peasant, all the changes in snow leopard are under the hood modifications .. a faster osx yuppie!!! already upgraded!

@complicated: waryaa you know you xp slave!!!

Developing Window 7 it is no doubt that Microsoft was inspired by Apple! more like iPhone's GUI and enabling users to interact with the PC using touch. bling bling...

peasant   

Reminds me Apple vs Microsoft joke i long ago read from somewhere. Microsoft copies ideas from apple but they never quite fully understand the idea very well and they wind up making a lame version of it in the end. In windows 7 they copied the apple dashboard of tiger and leopard and they tried to combine Spaces which is another apple idea . The end product is shitt and nothing compare to apple's dashboard or spaces which does far better managing application windows than windows 7. They have also copied the screen touch technology of ipod/iphone and they are not quite there either.

I bet if apple launched a pc version of its OS they could push Microsoft off the shelves but i dont think stevie is ready to confront Microsoft in an open manner like that.

____________________ _____

Three Microsoft engineers and three Apple employees are traveling by train to a computer conference. At the station, the three Microsoft engineers each buy tickets and watch as the three Apple employees buy only a single ticket.

"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks a Microsoft engineer.

"Watch and you'll see," answers the Apple employee.

They all board the train. The Microsoft engineers take their respective seats, but all three Apple employees cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Ticket, please."

The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes the ticket and moves on.

The Microsoft engineers saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Microsoft engineers decide to do the same on the return trip and save some money.

When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Apple employees don't buy any ticket, at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asks one perplexed Microsoft engineer.

"Watch and you'll see," answers an Apple employee.

When they board the train the three Microsoft engineers cram into a restroom and the three Apple employees cram into another one nearby. The train departs.

Shortly afterward, one of the Apple employees leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Microsoft engineers are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please..."

i just downloaded via wi-fi. i jumped on some ones wi-fi, started the download, went to town, now just got back and its down. I dont pay for no more internet.

One q's thought, its in dvd format so i guess i need to burned to a dvd...correct?

^in some countries it is illegal to use someone else's wi-fi dunno USA tho. Another bad thing with this kinda network is the unpredictability especially when you need it most ...it is OFF ama adigoo meel fican ku mareysa aa laguugu daminaa!

Now that you have Win 7 downloaded and in a DVD format, probably image, all you need now is use a CD/DVD image utility like magicISO to extract and burn it on DVD disc. Or if you have VISTA you can freely download it form Microsoft as an upgrade that is when Win7 is officially launched by MS somewhere in Oct.

Guys, Windows 7 is nothing but an upgrade of Vista. Just Vista SP2 with no clutter and the same heavy graphics. I remember when I was using that beta which said something like this:

Insert your password and hit enter to proceed

But there were no password field at all. Thats what kids call 'an epic fail'.

- Windows XP was the best windows product.

- Linux is the best OS.

- Mac is nothing but kids' choice.