Sign in to follow this  
Rose

Is it worth going back to Uni?

Rose   

with the economy diving like a lead penguin, its not surprising that there aren't enough jobs for graduates. with 2 million people out of work, my chances of landing a dream job right now are as low as a limbo dancing ant LOL

i'm considering the option of doing a master's degree in quality control (dream job). That way, hopefully i'd get some LABORATORY EXPERIENCE. i personally found that it was lack of experience that made it hard for me to find a job as opposed to my degree mark (got a 2:2). a lot of places seemed more interested (and possibly rightly so) in experience and potential as opposed to qualifications.

so is it worth going back to uni to study for a masters?

It's worth it especially at this time, try to find a masters degree that has an 'internship'/placeme nt aspect to it, instead of just research. That way you get some experience as well.

I know for engineering degree's they have those(Meng).

Good luck.

this is the best time especially if your unemployed to get all the degrees, and certificates you can. volunteer if you can't get internship, and do anything you can to get your foot in the door. good luck, hopefully things will get better for everyone insha'allah.

Rose   

Thank you both that really is helpful. I think I was kind of expecting this but I'm finding it so difficult to find voluntary work in the laboratory also.

Insh allah it will all work out in the end.

Herer   

I would suggest to do Executive MBA in any field or Specialization.

(EMBA) will promote u to higher Position.

Taleexi   

Waa gartay... balse we can argue what college means to you. There street smart people but when you want to learn real stuff I think going a good college is not a bad idea at all.