Sign in to follow this  
fellow

Would choose your major by how usefull it will be to our mother land one day?

fellow   

I have been in college for a while: my second year and wonder if my major which is Physics will not contribute much to rebuilding HOME as I will be working only to further explain physical phenomenons useful for modern WORLD. IT REAlly feels like my choice of study should reflect on the anticipated skilled work force shortages in somalia or am I loosing it? :D

you could become a teacher back home.

my specialization is hardly applicable in the event of a reconstruction effort.

but these thoughts started entering my mind in my final year.

that's why i admire people who choose their majors with 'how can it help my people in mind' ... people studying development related fields.

and there are some who go even further and tailor their thesis with Somalia in mind ... deserves respect runtii

fellow   

you are right bro GEEL JIRE, our major should some how prepare us to become as asset to our land in the event our country is salvaged is aha AALAH.

^^

We need to intergate in our host country or in my case adopted country! make the most of the opportunities here then think about somalia/land when you are in a position to do so. In the meantime, you could send them $100 a month through dahabshil. Invest in the motherland, create jobs!

Any trade you learn will be an asset to mother land regardless of specailty. You learn Physics and become a Physicist. Perhaps teach this subject to others as mentioned by GJ or collaborate with other scientists in the design, development, and testing of experimental, industrial, or medical equipment, instrumentation, and procedures.