Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

Globalization

Salaam to ya SOL users..

i would to share simple question with ya that came into my mind after i read the essence of globalization, What do you think " globalization" will shape the world to ? ......is it kind of new colony ?..the world will be as one village?

globalization is already shaping the world. almost everything is made in china now. its very rare to see anything that is made outside of that country. WTF. globalization is just one sided, because you have one country flooding the world with its cheap products while driving so many others out of business. i think in this type of situation, the chinese are in better position than US/EU because of cheap labor. thats about all i know about globalizations. i am sure we have others that got degrees on it here.

YA YOU ARE RITE NIN-YAABAN..BUT AGAIN IN EVERY-INDUSTRY THE MOST DOMINATING MULTI-NATIONAL COMPANIES ARE EITHER FROM NORTH AMERICA OR YURUB, JAPAN IS THIRD ..CHINA's surplus EXPORTS WILL NO BE LONGER EXIST IT IS ONLY FOR SHORT TIME..THOSE CRAZY-RICH MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES CAN TAKE STEPS AGAINST CHINA'S SURPLUS EXPORT...THE REAL ISSUE IS THAT THE WORLD'S interdependence ECONOMIC ARE INCREASING CUZ OF GLOBALIZATION..IN MY OPINION THER WILL ONE TO 7 COUNTRIES WHO WILL COLONIALLY MANAGE THE WORLD'S ECONOMIC....I MEAN THERE ARE SOME REASONS BEHIND GLOBALIZATION

Ismahaan   

The essence of globalization is both spatial and synergetic. In my opinion, globalization may well be one of the most serious challenges ever to the integrity of human civilization. The essence of globalization is the shrinking of the globe through technology, and the subsequent merging of modes of life-including economics and beliefs. As we all know, the speed of globalization has been accelerating, particularly in financial markets. Apparently, this is evidenced by the significant increase in foreign exchange transactions and international bond problems over the span of the past 8 years.

the world will be as one village?

No doubt, the statistics are both irrational and daunting. The share of the poorest fifth of the world's population in global income has dropped from 2.8% to 1.7% over the past ten years. The percentage taken by the richest fifth, on the other hand, has increased from 75%- 90%. In the third world, over 30 countries have lower incomes per head in real terms than they did five years a go. In many less industrial countries, safety and environmental regulations are very low or almost fictional. Some trans-national companies sell goods there that are controlled or banned in the developed countries - poor quality medical drugs, destructive pesticides or high tar and nicotine content cigarettes. As S .o.l_AnalYst put it, rather than a global village, this is more like global pillage. Globalisation thus is a complex set of processes, not a single one but in the end, we cannot avoid the challenge of globalization.