Sign in to follow this  
Urban

Automotive design.. (includes degree shows..)

Urban   

Salaam. Why is this section DEAD? There’s no traffic at all, and since Conspiracy was appointed as a moderator here.. why did he disappear..? Cons.. where art thou?

There was an exhibition last week in my uni, showcasing the work of the Master’s graduates in automotive design.

I don’t think a lot of people know that Car design is a profession, an extremely competitive one in fact. And one I’m hoping to get into. Automotive design degree is a specialized course which only a handful of universities offer, and Alxamdu Lillah I am in arguably the best department of them all.

The reason I’m posting this here is just to share my passion and what I love doing here with everyone. I’ll start posting degree shows (a massive end of course exhibition) starting from last week’s MA show (masters). But InshAllah after a couple of years it’ll be my work you’ll be seeing here in this thread!

Basically this is what a car design degree is like in most cases..

1st and 2nd year: Self development, research projects.

3rd year: placement year – spend 6 months working in a studio

Final year: Self-set Minor and Major Projects includes making a qtr-scale model of own design > Degree show > hopefully employment

Anyways, the pictures..

exhibition1vfn2.jpg

exhibition2vnl9.jpg

Some cars from the Transport Museum (where the show is held)..

exhibition3vfn0.jpg

Coming next inshallah will be the typical work of a car designer, and I might post my personal work.

Hope you enjoy the pics and find this thread informative in some way.

Till next time..

interpol   

whoa. those are some sweet designs. that white one with the chrome lining around the body and the black tinted windows...woooo-wee!

but yea,thats a cool degree choice. i've heard of how competitive it can get. Good luck & more power to ya:)