Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

What do you guys think of having a Health/Science section

Ismahaan   

Science fits nicely in the General/Debates sections. Whilst Somali history is a special topic a Somali forum should have.

OOH YOU MEAN THAT I GOT IT NOW... :cool:

BUT I WOULD SAY SOMALI CULTURE AND HISTORY FITS IN THE GENERAL/ DEBATES. WHO WANT TO READ DISEASES, GENETICS AND STUFFFFFS,,, LIKE THAT IN THE GENERAL/DEBATES LOLS . :rolleyes:

Urban   

I agree with the science/health section, it would be good if it replaces an existing one. There are some dormant sections in the board, as a lot of the threads are posted in the general lounge even if they relate to another area.

Suad   

Salaams everyone!

Seems no one wants to open an actual topic, therefore I will ask you this question.

As many of you (especially females) know when you tell these westerns that you are form Africa they always ask you “Are you circumcised”. What do you answer them and are you for it or against it.

Know let me ask you the question in simple terms …..DO YOU AGREE WITH CIRCUMSISING WOMEN OR NOT!

Ismahaan   

Know let me ask you the question in simple terms …..DO YOU AGREE WITH CIRCUMSISING WOMEN OR NOT!

suad lols what is that to do with sciense lols

By the way i don,t agree with the circumsising part:D

Suad,

That has been a heavily discussed topic in the womens section. Answer to your question , NO Allah created us in a perfected fashion and biologically there is a reason those bits n pieces should remain there.

FGM is not allowed and for those in medical field who want to meet their career mates simply copy my name, put in your adress bar, add .com!

Regards

SomaliDoc

Mowgli   

Let me pose a question to you all...something I've been wondering about for the last couple of days. What came about first in terms of evolution...the eye or the brain?

Haneefah   

It's a wonderful idea actually, whether it'll materialize or not. There needs to be an appropriate forum where we can exchange health care information and update each other and others on relevant health/medical research outcomes and developments.

I'd promise to deliver my part!

Idil,

evolution is not targeted, it does not aim to create this or better that, so wrt the question about the eye and brain, you can assume that there was no grand plan, but a sort osmosis.

Evolution says that at one point, the muted genes that encode for very primitive light sensors and those that encode for light detect coincided and proved beneficial for the organism that had them.

and because they were beneficial, they were preferentially selected - i.e. the organism was fitter and reproduced more, and thereby passed on its characteristics - i.e. in the same way that we breed animals for color/shape/size etc...

hence the part of the brain responsible for analysing light and the eye co-evolved.