Sign in to follow this  
Sharmarkee

Anyone knows where i can download ??

Salaam All,

Anyone knows where i can download freely the programming languages C/C++ compilers for developing puropose.I was trying to get and if Java also will be better but for time being I desperately need those C/C++

Any help please most welcome.

sharmarke

if your programming/learning, use linux as your OS (ubuntu is very very user friendly), all the development tools are free and easy to find. If you like IDE's then kdevelop is very good and mature.

If your wanting to go 'old-timer then emacs, gcc and ddd (a gdb frontend) should give you the skills to be able to program on a papyrus.. i.e. emacs (once you get past the learning curve) has modes for every language you can think of .. and with use quickly becomes indispensable

p.s.

GCC is the defacto C/C++ compiler for everything from embedded systems like device drivers/mobile phones to big software like the linux kernel and the apache web server that keeps SOL online ;)

^^Caano Geelo

As this project is coming to end in 2008, my help desk work(fancy name is systems engineer)is coming to end in 2008. this is the best time to take my old forgotten C/C++ skills on the road and to the test.

Now i know the guru is in house smile.gif

^^Since I left North London Uni(With Discrete maths and computer science) I dont know where that science gone, all i was doing microsoft products and hardware maintaince, i have done post grad diploma in artifical intelligence programming in leonardo, but not completed .. when i got ajob in west country i just vanished.

Now my IT skills are scanty, here and there, i decide either to go to networks - Cisco, or revamp my lost sillks(Algrorithms designs) - here is my battle plan --> C + UNIx + C++ and Java will make me a Guru like Caano Geeel, and JB, what you say Camel Millk? I choose the latter. smile.gif

its all about re-educate. so what u suggesting to go for Delphi and Visual basic( I dont know neither of them) but C/C++ i got some background and find my way much esaier in the loop. :D