Sign in to follow this  
Muslimah

You wanna get Allaah to answer your du'as inshaa Allaah? Read on.

Muslimah   

Bismillahi Ar-Rahmani Ar-Rahiim

All praises are due to Allaah. We praise Him, we seek His help and His forgiveness.

Ladies and Gents, I think Sisters and Brothers sound better...don't u ageee?... I was listening to a very good lecture that some of you kind souls may have come across. It's called Purification of the soul by way of du'a by Dawud Adib. Go to islamway.com if you want to hear it. It's under Audio Lectures.

To proceed:

There is a way or shall I say a sunnah to making du'a:

The Prophet (pbuh) used to face the Qiblah (the direction of which we pray) while making du'a.

It is better, but by no means necessary, to have your wudu (ablution) while making du'a.

The Prophet (pbuh) began his du'a by asking for himself then for others.

The Prophet (pbuh) used to raise his hands while making du'a.

The Prophet (pbuh) used to repeat a du'a 3 times.

The Sahabah and the Tabi'een (the next generation after the sahabah), may Allaah be pleased with them, used to make du'a for their brothers/sisters (we're not talking of only blood relations here) while their bro/sis were not present so that their du'a would get answered because the angels say "ameen and may you get that also" every time you make du'a for your bro/sis when he/she is not present.

The Prophet (pbuh) used to make du'a in his salaat in sujuud(when your face is on the floor) and just before he said tasleem (saying salaam while turning his head to each shoulder at the end of the prayer).

There are certain times where Allaah is more apt to accepting the du'as of His slave:

1) Last third of the night

2) Between each adhaan (first call to prayer) and iqama (second call to prayer)

3) When it's raining..even if it's a little

4) On Fridays between Asr and Maghrib

There are certain people Allaah is more apt to accept their du'a:

1) The person being oppressed

2) The traveller

3) The mother

Prerequisite:

Your du'a will not be answered if you ask for something haraam such as "O Allaah make it easy for me to find a girlfriend"....do not do that.

Ways that Allaah will answer your du'a:

He, the Almighty, the All Wise, will answer your du'a in three ways:

1) He may give you what you ask for in the dunya (this world).

2) He may instead prevent a harm that was to befall you.

3) He may provide you with something good in akhira (the hereafter)

This is a huge topic that may not be completely covered in one post so if anyone wants to elaborate feel free to do so.

If I have stated anything incorrect it is from myself and shaytaan. If I have stated anything good is it only from Allaah. O Allaah I ask you to accept this from me. Dear reader, please say amin.

Kamila   

Salaamu caleeykum ya ukhti Filaah,

Ameen,

Jazaakalaah kheer May Allaah Bless you.

_______________Kamila___________________________

Islaam forbids all ill manners.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Here is some sunnan with respect to making du'a.

1. Always start with the Bismillah and salwat

2. Read Sura Sura Al-Imran, V. 26

"Say, O'Allah Lord of power

Thou givest Power To whom thou pleasest.

And thou strippest off Power from whom

thou pleasest.

Thou enduest with honour Whom thou pleasest,

And thou bringest low

Whom though pleasest.

In they hands is all Good,

VerlIy over all things they hast power."

3. Read the Du'a

4. Close off with Salwat and sura Iklaas

The rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasalima) used to make dua with his hands in several ways:

a) With hands touching together touching his chest. This was made when the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasalima) used to asked something personal from his lord. Then hands should be extending from the chest and upwards to the sky, like a beggar, b/c you are the servant and you are begging your LORD.

b) Some times the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasalima) would hold his hands apart shoulder length (from the left should to the right-apart)

when asking for Allah's generosity.

c) Sometimes the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasalima) would hold his hands above his head, holding his hands straight up to the sky. This was the case in moments of real need and difficulty.

One more thing, there is a hadith that says that You should call Allah by his names (one of his 99 names) one making du'a e.g. Oh Allah the Provider (Al-Razak) please provide us with a roof over our head and food on out table.

If any nomads knows more, please feel free to post it.

Fi Amanallah