Sign in to follow this  
Centurion

What are you doing?

Not only do i think we can rebuild the country. I think Somalia would easily have the largest growing market in Africa, and one of the largest in the world

no somalia martket can't be largest growing market in africa also in world(lol), impossible man, what are variables you took into accounts for calling somalia market would be largest growing market in africa also one of the largets in the world?

Man in malaysia, i could discuss the topic of markets with you, but i'd doubt i'd get far with you.

Somalia, today, without a government, is thriving. Telecommunication business is superior to almost all other african countries'.

Imagine if the hundreds of thousands of skilled Somalis return from abroad?

We'll easily have one of the largest growing markets of the world, we are talking 8-9-10% annual growth.

No, youre question is fine, criticism enriches a discussion.

China has had a rapidly expanding market for the last decade or so, and will do so for a long time to come. So in general although there is a fall after a rise in the rate of market growth, it takes a relatively long time.

I'm no economist, but considering like i said the thousands of skilled people who could be returning to the country in the next two decades, and considering the yet unexplored mineral and fossil fuel reserves thought to be in Somalia; the potential economic future of our country is bright.

China has had a rapidly expanding market for the last decade or so, and will do so for a long time to come. So in general although there is a fall after a rise in the rate of market growth, it takes a relatively long time.

You cant compare chine market with somalia market. abti i dont think you have more knowledge in this field( as you stated "you are not economist"), sxb one of most important variable you have to consider is how large your population are.

One of your points(skilled ppl) can be considered as variable but again you cant compete in terms of K-ECONOMIC.

To short my comment somalia market can never be largest growing market in africa(abti in your points it can be largest market in easten africa) , but ppl's income might raise up,and country can be rich besause of it' natural resourses, given how small population are..

Listen, first understand that i am not saying Somalia's market will be the largest market in africa or the world.

What i am saying is that it will be one of the fastest growing markets, that in 2 decades we can more than make up for the time we have lost and continue to lose during this turmoil.

Somalia has the capacity to become the largest economy in East Africa, a title which now belongs to Kenya.

Who knows, Somalia could have the largest economy in Africa, but that won't happen for a long while, one of the reasons being the size of our population.

Somalia can never become the largest economy in the world, and i have never implied that.

I've used China's growth to counter youre point that economies shrink after a short while, so in that sense i think my argument is quite viable.

Aaliyyah   

I am doing double major neuroscience and psychology, this happens to be my second year. If allah wills I might go dentistry/medical school afterward.......Best of luck 2 ye all.

Wa salaaam.

Biixi   

" Medical Biochemistry" is very impressive and your dream of going back home and helping Somalia and somali is equally impressive. Thank you for sharing it in here and may Allah help you in that task.

In the mean time you can help your fellow Somalis in the following way...

1) Volunteer in your community, after school tutoring, tell parents about college preps, benefits...etc. If there is no such thing in your community start I'm sure there are a lot more brothers and sisters like you in your community

2)Be active in your local community, masjid, your home, your Neighbor, relatives...improve others education, hopes as much as you can.

Buuxo   

biixi , i found that when we tried to help our community and volunteered in offering after school tutoring , that the somali proverb " khayr ha suubin ,shar kuu ma imaato" rings true.

sorry i dont mean to be negative , but after being accused of getting money on the attendance of their children, i have reasons to be.i would advice those who are sincere and those who ask for it.

Biixi   

Buuxo,

Sad but true. I've experienced that myself.

In my case there were actually people that were making money from the number of people that sat in their center. More people meant more money. Kids that needed tutoring received none, and adults that went there to improve their English language skills eventually gave it up. So the suspicion is legitimate. But I found a way to overcome that and here it is...

1) Public schools will love to have after school tutor that the Somali kids/young adults can relate to it. That way you and your peers will not only help them with school but also be a role model. A lot of us didn't/don't have support in this area...our experiences will help them have a better future.

2) Local Masjids also offer youth programs...volunteering there will be an ideal if the school is not an option.

...may be practical may not