Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Self-Employment

Blessed   

Insha Allah in 15 months, I plan to have my own business. I'm not very good at working for others and I want something that will allow me to spend as much time as I can with my princess....

Guhaad   

interesting,

One night after an Cisha prayer, i caught up with some friends. during the chit chatting, some laughs, stories, and happenings, I spotted one guy who was quietly taparing with a laptop he had, busy as we were, sitting at the other end of the mosque. it was interesting that none of us really noticed him until we were all through, and decided to go home. i remembered the guy was a local somali business man who happens to have ran a growing maktabad business (this could have been anything else, like the 100 stores that sell the same dhar, and still manage to listen to the BBC calaa waqtihaa :D ). surprised, i walked up to him and asked him how everything was going, especially in regards to his business.

instantly, after the question, the guy started to give me couple of hints about investing, owning, and how to run your own business. the most important distinction this rather successful entrepreneur cautioned me about was not to have a business that is not designed after or for all people, that is well-thought, and includes close netted investors, friends, and collaborators. In short, we must think outside the box, and think in engaging/investing in businesses that reach beyond one ethnicity, community, etc. but I guess competition in a small growing local market hammered with a small community/costumer base forced the guy out of business. In a jokingly manner, since the guy was in a non-food business, I asked if he was suggesting that 'if the business is not hilib, it is not halal'. anyways, I was glad he had other things going on for him, and bringing his labtop to the mosque was enough to convince me he was on top of it. fa'idaa faraqta fansab

Sophist   

Zakina, what is wrong with the website; how ould you improve it. Let me know and I will be happy to pass the suggestions to the MD.