Sign in to follow this  
Ariadne

hey Art fags!?

Ariadne   

Ary there any art students, aspiring artists of any media or discipline on here?

sculptors, drawers or paintors, videographers, cinematographers, filmakers, printmakers, installation artists, performance artists,

Designers of any discipline or curators on here?

come out come out whereever you are!

ElPunto   

^Well, you certainly won't attract them with the title of your thread "hey Art fags".

On second thought, maybe you will.........hmmm...

Ariadne   

an art fag is just someone who falls into the categoryof ppl who eats breathe and sleeps art and a have a pretensious streak as well as a moody streak. They know everything about every artist of every media even the most obscurest.

lol

I'm not an art fag...well maybe I am ... no no just sometimes.

I will start off then... I guess

I am a toronto based video artist, performance artists. I paint and sculpt and make dolls all with it as a side to my insomnia. yaya!

ElPunto   

^well Kreepy - you learn something new every day. I've always wondered - how on earth one survives as an artist? Is that why they turn to drugs of all sorts - to dull the hunger pains? :D

whats the purpose of this topic? or is it just self-advertisment? and watch your language with this art fags thing.. damn kids these days!

Ariadne   

Conspiracy: The point in this topic is exactly the question that I asked which is is there any artists on this website?

Most of the studenst are in academics

or IT technology on SOL... I've noticed anyway.

So I was wondering if there were any fine arts students.

Allow me to clarify this is not self promotion ....(ethnic folks don't buy art lol)

It was just a call out to art students or design students...to hopefully see if there's other members here.

The topic does not need to have any more of a purpose then to see if there's anyone else on here studying art.

Art Fag is not a bad word.

Seriously the word fag has many different meanings

when used alone it is to describe a flamboyantly gay man.

When used with art it means something different alltogether.

If your offended by the word fag... then don't bother reading a post about it.

End of the line.

Thepoint: hello most artists have other jobs.... such as teaching... or working as a dishwasher.... or selling... stuff

the whole turning to drugs is soo first year art school or high school even. Actaully scratch that it's so circa 1986.

And besides everyone knows the substance abuse that is popular in the art world is alcohol.

And its very lovely mistress mental illness ....

sigh they are such a dreamy couple :D

K. Kid There are several filmmakers, and many graphic designers on this website - they might be offended by being called fags - and although as you mention art fags might have a different semiotic connotation.

I am a toronto based video artist, performance artists.

BTW, where can your work be seen, and what sort of performance do you do?

Nephissa   

Wow, that's creepy, Kreepy! :D I'm not an Art fag, but an admirer of Art. (Picasso is my fav.)

I'd like to have an artist paint Will Smith on my bedroom wall, I'll supply whatever it is you need, paint etc; even air fare. Watcha think Creepy? Drop ideas of what you can do, yea? ;)

I'm also in need of some actual structured lessons, on my own part to focus on what I'm shooting. I love shooting in black and white. And 3/4th of the time they turn out missing half of the image. Ama il is missing or af baa maqan.

Anyways, please do tell where/what art gallery your work can be seen?

Ariadne   

Animal farm and Bishita:

It is proposal season yay!... I am in the process of submitting to motionflicks, newbandtv, the art for social justice festival, x.space, warc gallery and the OCAD student gallery.

I am trying to do way mor shows this summer than last summer.

For now I do show my videos and do video performances where I interact with my videos at the Rivoli for an interdisciplianary cabaret. Its twice a month... so the next one is happening in june. Here are some links to some of the work I have done this year.

snarlingflowers

stills from animations and pics

did a topic on this a while ago, and there are quite a few arty people out there. Lots of writers too.

Me = a film student/filmmaker, studying at uni in the UK. At the moment I'm only doing music videos, but I'm busy setting up a production company with some people, and working on short films and a couple of possible features/documentaries.

I do webdesign on the side, as well as some graphic design.

winnie   

i used to be a theater geek until i joined the taliban gangsters. i'm now looking for a role that will accomodate my lifestyle, perhaps a ninja.

Cawralo   

War ma waxaa tidhi inaad bombalayaal samaysid..um huh thats "kreepingly faggy" icon_razz.gif

Naww..but I know one, my personal artist superstar, she once sold a sculpture for 15,000 SEK (about 1700 dollars)..but she's iranian, does that count?

Anyvaaay, do you have stuff on the net? I'm an amateure art critic you know (I'll be nice) ;)