Sign in to follow this  
Azmaya

Any somali medical students, residents here?

J.Lee   

Well there is one nomad (My role model and Insha'allah a future sister-in-law ) I know who is in her 2nd year of Med School. smile.gif

I'm still flirting with the idea of being pre-med or going into field research: But either way I plan to obtain a professorship insha'allah.

NaaiMa   

::waves hands:: there is actually a good number of people here who are pre-med/health care, the student section isn't as popular as the others tho.

nemo   

Sorry am not one.....but am also looking for anyone who is doing accounting, usually they doing something to do with health/medical feilds (nothing wrong with that). But I have only find one somali person and they go to same place as me.....doesnt accounting interest the somalis?

When somali ladies ask me what I do, they like why are you not doing nursing and stuff.

Didn't we have accountants back home?

Azmaya   

J. Lee walaalo,

congrats to your "future sister in-law", inshaallah may she make it, and all of us in this struggle. I can't not say enough how much we need our people in the health fields-our peple die daily on preventive diseases, malnutrition, unacceptable i say! If we don't help our people, who will?

J.Lee walaalo if this is your passion, I say pursue it. It wont be easy. But where there is a will there is way.

I was trying to network with somalis in medical field. In all of the US, I just know of one brother who made it. Inshallah in the future there will be more of us. Good luck to all the students out there, finals are almost here.

Nameless-accounting does interests some malis. Walaalo u have one life to live, do what makes u happy and work hard in your education. Salaamz

SB-How cute.