Sign in to follow this  
Katrina

Civil Liberty Summer Opportunity (USA)

Katrina   

Salaam,

If you know Somali male/students (freshmen, sophmores & possibly juniors) in the areas of law, politics, business, academics, and the ministry. Please pass on to those interested in building their portfolio and networking.

Great opportunity for African American males -- please share with others.

The Institute for Responsible Citizenship is currently accepting applications for its summer program at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Each summer, twelve of the most promising young minority male sophomores in the country are given the chance to travel to the nations capital and engage in prestigious internships while taking rigorous classes at Georgetown. The courses in government and economics are designed to provide these young men with the skills necessary to critically analyze the worlds problems while adhering to a deep respect for civil liberties. When the students are not in class or at work, they are often called upon to attend social functions designed to help them network in their field. Personal meetings with such leaders as Barack Obama, John Lewis, and Clarence Thomas are made possible by the intimate nature of the program.

The program runs from June 4 July 29 and is a two-summer commitment. Tuition and housing are paid for by the Institute, while students are expected to pay for their transportation and food. In addition, those not placed in paid internships will receive a stipend in the amount of $2500. While there are no major requirements, the program focuses on attracting young men interested in the fields of law, politics, business, academics, and the ministry. You should be a sophomore to apply, however, juniors are considered if they are committed to attending graduate or professional school directly following their senior year.

More information, along with the application, can be found on the web at http://www.i4rc.org. The application deadline is February 1, 2006.

Adam L. Barr

Institute for Responsible Citizenship

1227 25th Street, NW Sixth Floor

Washington, DC 20037

(202) 659-2831 phone

(202) 659-0582 fax

http://www.i4rc.org

SeeKer   

Oi Kat,

How come only males? You would think in this day in age everyone would be allowed to apply. By the way I am too lazy to PM, can u recall a conversation we had about tunnel of oppression? If you can, great! cause I was wondering how I could procure the items to get the thing underway.

Cheerios and Special K!