Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

IT Graduate..!

Dhubad.   

I am about to graduate in few months inshallah and can't wait to blend in the IT market ASAB. Here in UK, the wage of an IT graduates is not that good, it is about 17k - 22k(if you are lucky, that is).

So would love to know, the wage of an IT graduate in US? And how is the market over there? Over here IT market is gradually improving and it has been widely predicted that it will keep growing steadily for the next few years.

If I don't get what I want in UK, will probably be migrating to US...!

First of all congradulations on nearing the end of your studies and good luck with the real world.

Did you say that you want to skip off to the states? are you mad? are you seriously considering destroying your life?

On a more serious note my advice is when it comes to looking for a job, forget the money concentrate on landing a job that will open doors for you...Experience is the key especially in the IT industry. Once you have the relevant experience under your belt you can hip hop to the states. IT degree gets outdated very quickly so take advantage of your given opportunities.

Good Luck.

when come to usa, get some experience in networking n active directory for about 6 months to a yr! then u set.

programing is outta of the window! its out source to asia! lil linux experience could put u over de the top! some how americans dont like it!

and that could give u an edge!! peace!.

when u come to usa, get some experience in networking n active directory for about 6 months to a yr! then u set.

programing is outta of the window! its out source to asia! lil linux experience could put u over de the top! some how americans dont like it!

and that could give u an edge!! peace!.

Dhubad.   

^ Thanks brov, that is really good news, am into networking and I have never liked programming although I still had to do some programming modules.

I have been exposed to Active Driectory during my placement las year and I kinda have some basic understanding, I will definitely learn more about it.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this topic.

Cheers