Sign in to follow this  
AbStraCt

I feel intimidated

AbStraCt   

My profile reads that i've been a member for about a year and some odd weeks; that's a lie. I come in here maybe 3 times out of the year and look around, and to be honest i'm a bit intimidated. You lot always speak about things i dont think about. I mean, do you guys actually sit around, drink shaah and discuss current events? I usually sit around with a bag of cheetos watching Law & order all day.

Should i pick up a book?

Katrina   

Trust me, you don't need to pick up a book to argue with this gang. All you need is the arrogance to believe your always right. Ooh, Somali genetics might have something to do with it. :D

I don't think picking up a book would help you, Abstract. There's no medicine for certain ailments.

I watch L&O as well. Especially SVU and Criminal Intent (when will the new series start anyway? Am tired of the repeats!).

Haneefah   

Originally posted by AbStraCt:

I mean, do you guys actually sit around, drink shaah and discuss current events?

The older you get the more often you'll find yourself doing just that, you just can't help it really :D

But don't feel intimidated at all, this crew takes a bit getting used to and before you know, you'll have found your own comfort zone.

muunad   

i don't think that we sit around just that the issues come to us on thier own or they find us on somaliaonline ;)

as for the shah the opposite applies, the older i get the less i drink...

Arawella   

I am also new at this site and completely awed by the discussions. I believe that partly is your view of the world and partly knowledge gained. Hence readying intellectual books and the newspaper on the odd days might help.

Baluug   

Katrina's right....If we look like we're intellectuals philosophizing on.....um.....things, well, it's mostly just our opinions and doesn't necessarily mean we're right, or that we're even smart, for that matter.

Shyheim   

Yea I hear you, i'm a newbie myself and this site so far seems to me as if it's only for real discussions which include essay writings. I'm not yet ready for that, acutally never, but yea sounds like people in here take this site a little too seriously, relax...it's just a site!

AbStraCt,

I had the same feeling like you. But over

the time, you will see yourself being glued

to this site. I am not reached that level yet

but certainly, for some nomads here in SOL

waxa SOL u qabta sidii shaaha ama jaadka camal!

:D

am