Sign in to follow this  
Gordon Gekko

Seeking students for a future project

I'm a somali student living in Sweden, soon to start at Sthlm School of Economics. My point with this thread is to gather other somali students worldwide specialy in the fields of law, economy and engineering for a project I had in mind. To start with my short-term plan was to change ideas and thoughts, visualize and calculate briefly on wins and losses that can occur etc. regarding this project. Later on if our sessions succeeds with a positive outcome I should be taking care of the financing part (wich I have a decent assurance of at the moment).

This project deals with in short the following:

- To overlook the potential of implementing an industry in northern Somalia, and later on appoint one. Industry fields can vary from mineral, oil to agriculture and fishing.

- To get local and regional decision makers willing to the projects goal; discuss ways of reaching this goal.

- Point out and oversee potential hindrance to development or setbacks that can occur while dealing with this project.

I hope you all will take this inquiry serious and realize that now is the time to act. We (somalis) don't have time to wait until warlordism will sort it self out, or until government will restore order. We somalis living in the diaspora can't just look back at our country and get satisfied with the neverending decadent-arted work of aid-organisations. Now is the time to act.

I would be more then happy if you at least could pinpoint or get me in touch with persons that fulfill the comitted requirements & that you might find interested of this issue.

*Pardon me for eventual grammatic mistakes.

Thank you /

TSE

N.O.R.F   

waar waa nabade!

Sound interesting and is along the same lines as myself and a few others have had in mind for a while now. We have a hardcore of Engineers (Construction and Petroleum), accountants, IT geeks and influencial elders in Somaliland :D

We have been looking to set something up for a while now but due to life and what it brings we havnt quiet gotten down to formulating anything concrete (excuse the pun) ;) .

I'm actually late in drafting something up, pm me with your ideas.

Peace

uchi   

Sounds reasonably plausible in the long run, once you set a up a session, i will be more then happy to participate.

Khad

Haseena   

Bismillah

Salamu Calaykum Wa Raxmatullah

Walaal what if one is intressted in this idea of yours but is not in those fields specified when it comes to education? I am doing joint honours in my uni. Media and Education studies, I am really intrested in this idea of trying to bring about some kind of change in somalia.

Faktum är att jag och några ungdomar från stockholm sysslade lite med att göra något, eller så tänkte vi i de banorna men inget blev av. Alla flyttade eller hade något annat för sig.

wa calaykum salam wa raxmatullah