Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Computer scientists corner (ccc)

Johnny B   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

NewfieComputerGeek.gif

What! What! What!
:D

The drawback of beeing a geek is not that we wear those ugly glasses , it´s rather that we look so deep into everything , even NGONGE´s joke wasen´t funny when analysed word by word.

Prove beeing

The worker thread went into a loop after his input, The masters of mulithreading seem to have forgotten a Peekmessage function.

Somebody should take NGONGE by the ear ( prolly his wifie ) and take him to a "hare krishna Hare rama" Template (temple) for Carisma upgrading and Once more RAM in his mind ask him WHAT exactly does this thread explain? :D

Bro complicated , feedback, we´re intrested in how it goes!!

Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

Tool box = sanduuqa qalabka

Status bar = calaamada lagu garanayo asdaantaada (?)

view = Muqaalka, Eeg, daymoo, fiiri, arag

undo = ku soo celi (?)

paste = ku dhaji

link = iskuxiraha, Isku-xir

object properties = asdaanta u gaarka'a/ Asalka walaxda

replace = ku badal

print preview = muqaalka hore ee daabaca/ Eegmo hore

tile = isku sin / Mutaneelo (italian)

cascade = isku daba xidhiidhi/ Biyo-dhac

arrange icons = isku hagaaji asdaamaha/ Qaabee sawirrada

Setup = diyaarin

Hope to see the Somali version of Windows soon!
redface.gif

Thanks girl !! that helped alot.

I think we´re all set for the new Somali OS :D

anybody got a Kernel ?

Salaam guys.... Am back, still at heathrow airport, but I am back, thanks for all the feedback guys, I am sorry that I did not update you on the progress of my Project (it aint easy using dialup connection in Africa, and the worst of all, they installed key loggers on most of the internet cafe's so I could not trust my username/passwords with them).

Once I get home I will fill you in, and hopefully will try and reply to every comments made towards my question.

Castro:

Horta your information was very helpful and thanks for taking the time to reply to me. When I made the initial post I was thinking of a stand alone application since everyone does not have an internet connection at home, that is not to say I dont intend to create a website for it (in fact I already have written the script and it is ready to be published on the net) but I am still thinking of the best way I can package stand alone application.

I have considered using the following, 1. RDBMS, XML or CSV to hold the data, however these options have dhibkooda u gaarka ah.

1. The the downside to using RDBMS is that one has to have the server installed on their machine, this in my view would restrict me to use Ms access (since most of the people have Microsoft products) and as a result of using access would loose the portability between different Operating Systems.

2. CSV or XML seems to be the only other options I have, however one would be able to modify/delete the file that holds the data, this again is another limitation.

Hadaba Mr Caano Geel sida aan ka arkay qoraalkaaga (I may be wrong) balse I believe inaad tahay programming guru ee what other options do you think are open for me?

I know Foxpro would be an option balse even though I have not used it before I believe I can crack it if I browsed the net for 1 or 2 tutorials on it is sytax ee ka waran?

Mar kale Waad wada mahadsantihiin.

O yea Ramadaan Kariim everybody.

Hey people, I am currently doing this database project on MS Access and I seem to have little problem. I dnt know if any of you are familiar with access but ima ask anyway. Im trying to do this update query that would update stock on another table as soon as a sale is made from one table. It all sounds simple but found quite difficult. I'd like to ask fellow sol users if they have some sorta advice for me. Thanx

Dhubad.   

What a great discussion...! I am new this forum and this is a useful section of the forum.

I shall be comming here more often.

Ciid Wanaagsan.

PEace