Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Computer scientists corner (ccc)

Johnny B   

First of all i´ve to admit that am not a student , but as an old Student of computer science the lack of a corner for computer science students on sol haunted me for sometime, so hereby i lay the foundations of what is gonna be the brightest minds of the skinnies wrestling ground.

Ask questions, invent new technology , come up with outstanding algorithms, share the knowledge.

Ever heard of the Towers of HANOI? well, beeing Skinny is not always a drawback,

remember the " ri, caws and shabel" thing of our nomadic quiz. it help me understand the Hanoi towers.

(ccc) = see , see, see

Baluug   

Well,first of all the word "scientists" does not start with "C",it starts with "S".....Therefore,the room should be called "Computer Scientists Corner(C S C!!!!!!)"

furthermore, there are other computer related fields, im a student of computer systems engineering, and dont consider myself the same as someone who studied computer science, and let's not forget the Information Technology, guyz ....

i think cc (computer corner) is ok !

Johnny B   

Well well well ,,, we seem to have had our project kick off party already ;)

CSC or CC that is the question :D

Geel_Jire .. i think we can use this corner for all computer related fuculties and IT even IT seles management/salesmanship etc etc .

We may start with systems embedded or not , what do you think?

but Liibaan, What do u study ? mind sharing?

actually, bro im doing that course now,Microproccesser and Assembly Language.

i also hope to use, embedded systems, in my final year project, which is coming near ...,

hey, if anyone knows Assembly,i need a bit help.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

actually, bro im doing that course now,Microproccesser and Assembly Language.

i also hope to use, embedded systems, in my final year project, which is coming near ...,

hey, if anyone knows Assembly,i need a bit help.

Bro , unless you´re talking about an assaignment or that sort of help. shoot it .

it´ds be intresting to look back or get updated.

but if you´re in the middle of an assaignment or under time pressure .. i suggest you turn to other quicker sources, like books, examples etc etc .

Assembly books

a lil thumb rule : use pseudo code first then n only then push n pop .

master the Hex ,decimal equivalent.

have a clear picture of your code in your head b4 you typ eanything. ;)

Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One reporting.

Xiin, what do you do?

Johhny, I think you're the best man for the job. Thanks for starting this.

*Wishes Haddad joins the party*

Pujah   

Computer Science Corner...Hmm sounds great. I wonder what Mr. JB has in store for us.

As a former CIS student would love to joint the discussion once ya start discussing languages I am familier with. :D

Assembly you say, never understood why I had to take two full courses of that absolulete language :(

Sky   

Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

*Wishes
Haddad
joins the party*

Haddad is in Guantanamo doing time. Haven't you heard?

well, im new to Assembly language, although i have done many high level languages, Basic,c,c++,c#,vb6(havent tried out .net, yet !).

all the books i've, seen on Assembly, are very confusing, they spend more time, on computer Architecture & organization. then the actual language. and there is soo many variations of Assembly, i don't know, what directive is allowed under what compiler.

finally i've decided to with MASM,if u know about a book, that explains in a clear way, plz share, and i already have "The art of Assembly",which is a waste of paper. and marketing for HLA.

what i mean by clear explanation is:

-all input/output functions grouped together, with a few examples, in a generic 80x86 assembly lang. format

-all control structures,loops,jumps, a few examples maybe some programming problems.

-etc. ....

if anyone can add something ...

Salaam,

Oh Well, Compuer Science , did I remeber the Functional programming,the discrete maths, the propositional calculus,the program design, the algorithms, towers of hanoi, the Pascal triangle, the recursive Functions, the systems analysis.

That was hell of a course I tell you!!

Count me in though.

Originally posted by Sky:

quote:Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

*Wishes
Haddad joins the party*

Haddad is in Guantanamo doing time. Haven't you heard?
Altho its funny. I insist we stop the jokes at Haddad's expense... I was taking a liking to his pedantic ways and his cool knowledge of the WWW. :D