Sign in to follow this  
Abdi2005

Which is best design somali website? their is hundreds now

Abdi2005   

Their is now hundreds Somali website and the number is increasing. Which 3 Somali websites do you think have best design(not information) write your list.

My list

1) www.muqdisho.net (colorful and simple)

2) www.allpuntland.com (advanst with allot grafik images)

4) www.gedonet.com/ ( allot of table rw but still organized)

I have noticed that almost all somali websites are divided in 3 colspans 2 small and one big in the middle.

To be honest, Somali websites use too many colours, they stretch images and they overload the site with content. I think most of them at best displayed -- feeble attempt to sell over sensationalized news. Webmasters often show their lack of design, presentation, and content management. The most annoying thing about Somali websites is that they never archive news from months of weeks ago - they often remove them. Even the sites that try to deliver good design and presentation - lack adequate content and need I say more ARCHIVES.

Come on now, what are you talking about i was just voicing my opinion on here. ;)

Lets keep on waving that flag for the moment - that is a form of advertising by the way. Gotta report you. :D

H   

To be frank most of the Somali website are poorly designed lots of blinking/flashing text, animations, bad layout... Animal Farm pointed them out..

Salam

I thought i was the only soul on this planet who's annoyed to death by all those flashing and sliding. redface.gif

I now give you the grand all-somali-pages-design-template :

code:

<table>

<tr>

<td>mio. of links</td>

<td>some content</td>

<td>mio. of flashing stuff</td>

Copyright (1990) All rights reserved

</tr>

</table

and thats universal all the way :rolleyes:

Abdi2005   

That was interesting discussion.

Siciid-yare thats very true 95% of somali website is made that way. But its actually very popular internationally to make that way many non somali websites i visited are made this way. But the somali use this colspans to fill with links and flash or pictures the problem is they dont have any other things they can use for that place.

Why we don't have contest in somaliaonline its forum are HTML enabled. All somali who know Little will tray to make a small HTML website.

Originally posted by Cabdulmalik:

Their is now hundreds Somali website and the number is increasing. Which 3 Somali websites do you think have best design(not information) write your list.

My list

1)
(colorful and simple)

2)
(advanst with allot grafik images)

4)
( allot of table rw but still organized)

I have noticed that almost all somali websites are divided in 3 colspans 2 small and one big in the middle.

I just have one thing to say, Isn't it 1,2, then 3 not 4 smile.gif

Originally posted by Siciid-yare:

Salam

I thought i was the only soul on this planet who's annoyed to death by all those flashing and sliding.
redface.gif

I now give you the grand
all-somali-pages-design-template :

code:

<table>

<tr>

<td>mio. of links</td>

<td>some content</td>

<td>mio. of flashing stuff</td>

Copyright (1990) All rights reserved

</tr>

</table

and thats universal all the way :rolleyes:
LOL, that's so true. It does seem about filling the spaces. It seems a lot of webmasters subscribe to the mid-90s theory that people will be so mesmerised by flashing gifs that they will be too blinded to go to another site.

It seems that a lot of Somali sites have good content, even if they don't archive them. But they're somewhat lacking when it comes to design. The more simple the layout, the longer I tend to stay. Look at this.

SomaliNet

Of all the sites listed here, this one is the easiest on the eyes. Even though I don't like to scroll down so far to find the main section links.

Also, numerous links tend to put me off. There's also this tendency to put most of the content on the front page, when a simple link redirecting them to a different section would do. That's what sub-menus are for after all.

I believe the front page should be as simple as possible, with no more than five different sections (usually images and a little text leading to a different section) and a menu on the right side (or top).

Anyway, it would be great if we could have a webdesign contest.

Aflax is great and goobjoog

Both design as well as content.

And the best award goes to......

SomaliaOnline!

Now, I expect a knighthood from the admins!

Haddad   

Originally posted by Megan:

The best designed somali website is:

The site's design has improved much since last time I visited. However, you don't let visitors who don't register to just browse the forum, view images or etc. With that approach, I very much doubt enough will register, especially with a domain that carries the term doctor.