Sign in to follow this  
Mafia

The Ultimate Home

Mafia   

You are all familiar with the Somali saying, "ninkaan waxa soo socda garan, waxa joogana magarto". The essence of it, I believe, is to plan ahead & understand the consequences of your decision.

With that in mind, I'm curious to hear where threaders are considering to live in the future:

1)Xamar Caddey/Somalia

2)Somewhere in East AFrica

3)Qurbaha

4)Retire and move to Florida

5)Depends on.....

^^retire? girl thats 30-40 years ahead for moi

but when i retire INSHA-ALLAH....I'm thinking of bying holiday house in Spain walahi....that Quality life ooooohhhh....me and him will be spending our childrens inheritance

Miriam1   

Spain lol nice

Its never productive to plan ahead for more than 5yrs!..example i never thought i would leave my little city and come all the way to the white north!....But if i was forced...and our land was still in its turmoil 40yrs from now!..i would head to masr..egypt..live in some upperclass neighbourhood enjoying thier wierd culture and ppl

Mafia   

My childhood fantasy has always been living in a big mansion somewhere in the States or Europe. However, living in the States for a while, I now completely lost appetite for that fantasy. The so-called American Dream represents a tasteless life for me in this hemisphere. You drive an SUV and own a big house, so what: Social life, trivial; family time, nonexistent; quality life, rare. Is any body in this boat, with me?

Hayam Girl we are going to be neighbors and cusbada iyo sokorta baan iska doonaneynaa

Being raised in Egypt...I would like my children to experience the simple life! with no stress whatsoever:) But I would want them to visit Somalia as much as they can.

Shirwac   

1) Join the military after college --Officer shirwac.

2) Get married and have 3 children.

3) After they go to college me and wifey retire and enjoy life vacation, vacation and vacation.

runaway, well that depends if the simple life remains simple back at cairo, I miss cairo too :cool: and mos def i'll go back there even for visit , but i would love to grow old @ Malaysia or with those indha-yar .. hing yang ching yaah hong kim lou

Pujah   

Originally posted by Harvard-Mafia:

...The so-called
American Dream
represents a tasteless life for me in this hemisphere. You drive an SUV and own a big house, so what: Social life, trivial; family time, nonexistent; quality life, rare. Is any body in this boat, with me?

Thats the American Dream :D

< ===== will retire in Kismaayo

N.O.R.F   

It pretty much depend on developments back home. A safe and stable country will see the influx of those who have been away. They will in turn contribute to a prosporous economy and 'really' be at home.

Hope it happens sooner rather than later IA

As for now, planning is a fundamental part of ones life. Planning to catch a bus to get to school/work, planning on moving away from home, planning on settling down, planning on getting a job etc etc.

as long as one is happy (or content) where ever they are then thats all that 'really' counts.

I would love to be living in Somalia, but lets face it - that’s not looking like an option at the moment. So I would rather be a global citizen, a citizen of Nowherian [Pico Iyer - The Global Soul] We are nomads, we call everywhere home, the earth is our home. I’m conditioning myself to be at home wherever I might be. Currently learning to be an anarchist - to temporarily make Somalia a home.

Mafia   

So I would rather be a global citizen, a citizen of Nowherian [Pico Iyer - The Global Soul]

A. Farm, I think, more or less that is a fact. For me, futuristically speaking, it isn't so much on what happened within in the past decade, but the rough path that is being dug by our leaders-all of them-for us.

Besides, we are active people, but not really civ-inclined & development-oriented society. That is what we need to become Global Citizens.